66% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

God on Trial Reviews

BantamDraper
April 1, 2010
A uniquely powerful film about a group of prisoners at Auschwitz during WW2. In their final moments under the tortuous Nazi regime they decide to put the one person they feel is responsible, God. They form a tribunal and try the Lord himself, with arguments from all sides about why God's allows tragedies. Men tell of how they and their families were taken by the Nazis. It is an intense film.
The only problems I had with this were with the British accents throughout, but being a BBC production its expected. Also, these prisoners in a concentration camp are remarkably robust. Led by Stellan Skarsgard they are very well fed looking men who all got buzzcuts for the role. Outside of that this movie hits it's mark.
November 11, 2008
Pretty good movie about prisoners who question God's decision's throughout the entire bible and wonder why God lets innocent people die.
July 20, 2014
Excellently scripted & acted drama provides insight to Jewish history and faith.
January 8, 2014
Great movie!!
If you like holocaust related films this is one to check out.
The dialogs are pretty well developed! The arguments both defense and prosecution part are great. I really like the film.
Kallia R.
April 5, 2013
A movie that questions not the existence of God, but of how correct he can be, 'God on Trial' brings to our minds eye a different side of the fateful Holocaust. We often are shown films focussing on the soldiers on bot sides, and many on Hitler himself, but only a handful actually confront the problems faced by the prisoners and their own internal struggles.

With stunning performances by Stellan Skarsgard, Dominic Cooper, and Rupert Graves, 'God on Trial' is a necessity for anyone who is interested in history of any kind, and also for anyone who likes films. It's a genuinely good film, and a genuinely needed watch.
March 4, 2013
An extremely powerful movie. It brings up questions about God ranging from his benevolence and goodness to his very existence. Above and beyond that, it examines the very value of belief apart from the truth of the belief.
Morris N

April 19, 2012
Absolutely perfect. Asks all the right questions.
February 28, 2012
Una interesante reflexión existencial
January 21, 2012
This is one of the most powerful and though provoking drama I have ever seen. Intense and intellectual with humanity and historical perspective. A must for anyone who questions the existence of God or who wonders how Faith can endure. Mary
May 14, 2011
A very thought provoking and engaging movie.