67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

—— New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

God Save My Shoes Reviews

July 29, 2013
It's a bit painful to watch at the beginning, but about 30 mins in, there're some good insights there.
May 26, 2012
'Fuck! I just had to have them.' This documentary is a beautiful expose of shoes and the people who love them. Taken from the perspective of many shoefiles from across the globe the movie gives fascinating sociological insights into the allure of fashion accessories and how much they mean to their owners. Shoe addiction is commonly dismissed as a petty aberration but the fashion shoe business is massive and exists because customers have a weakness for expensive footwear. No one is sure what the attraction is but it does exist and this documentary explores the phenomenon in an informed and entertaining way. Love it, and if Ferragamo's and Manolo Blahnik's are in your mind, then this is a must see doco.
May 14, 2012
For the past six years as a shoe blogger, I have been answering the same question by the perplexed (i.e. men): "What's up with women and shoes?". It can be best summed up this way: shoes are to women what horsepower is to men. But the difference is that our shoes are displayed on our feet instead of in the garage...

I was honored to receive an early screening copy of God Save My Shoes. All I can say is that any woman worth her Choos will want to add this documentary to her movie collection. It is the perfect cinematic backdrop for a Girl's Night In (think pedicure party, where Stiletto Cocktails and shoe-shaped cookies are on the menu).

God Save My Shoes chronicles how women's love affair with shoes continues to be an evolution of expression. From shoe fanatics to fetishists, chopines to six-inch skyscraper heels, heels are a sign of status, power and intrigue.

So the next time someone asks you what you drive, tell them nothing less than a 130mm stiletto. With hardware.