Average Rating: 4.7/10
Reviews Counted: 64
Fresh: 16 | Rotten: 48
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 6/10
Critic Reviews: 10
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.5/5
User Ratings: 301,316
Dedicated to Tomoyuki Tanaka (1910-1997), who produced the 1954 original and sequels, the Devlin/Emmerich interpretation displays a redesign of Godzilla, now a large lizard mutated after fallout from French nuclear tests. A blinding flash of white light fills the Eastern sky. Thousands of miles away, the Pacific Ocean churns, engulfing a freighter. On another part of the globe, giant footsteps plow a path through miles of Panamanian forests, Tahitian villages, and Jamaican beaches. In the
May 20, 1998 Wide
Dec 26, 2000
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Dr. Niko Tatopoulos
Victor (Animal) Palo...
Dr. Elsie Chapman
Dr. Mendel Craven
Latest News on Godzilla
November 10, 2011:A New Screenwriter for Godzilla
Max Borenstein, whose recent credits include "Art of the Steal" and the Jimi Hendrix biopic "Jimi,"...
July 14, 2011:Legendary Hires David Goyer for Godzilla
The always-busy screenwriter will handle script duties for the classic creature's return to the big...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The picture's fatal flaw is its inability to give us any consistent sense of Godzilla's size."
It's just another humdrum monster movie with Godzilla stapled on the marketing for the name recognition.
Godzilla ... is so poorly written and so un-original that it makes Independence Day sound like Shakespeare.
If only one could fast-forward past the idiot characters to the parts where the creature nests in Madison Square Garden, crushes Fifth Avenue and chomps a taxicab.
...Godzilla literally runs away from battle, and is presented in such a way that the audience is actually supposed to feel sorry for him! I don't think so.
Unspeakably boring and despicable. How anyone could possibly like such a piece of wretched excrement is beyond my comprehension.
If you like your movies big, loud, and shallow, you'll be like a pig in slop.
How many shots were embarrassingly copied from Jurassic Park? "Please think of that much better movie while you're watching this one!!"
GODZILLA poaches a lot of imagery from JURASSIC PARK and then simply amplifies it under its self-promoted precept 'Size Does Matter'
Did they hit a home run? In terms of computer-generated monsters wreaking havoc, yes. In terms of believable characters and a convincing story, not quite.
Esta llena de situaciones tan inverosímiles que a veces uno se pregunta a quien deberían desaparecer de la pantalla
I wasn't expecting much of anything from this film, but as Hollywood is teaching me: my hopes are still way too high.
Emmerich and Devlin's 'Godzilla' turns out to be almost as overblown as the 1977 revision of 'King Kong.' The only thing that might send you screaming from the theater is the horrifying Puff Daddy song heard over the end credits.
Audience Reviews for Godzilla
Movies Like Godzilla
- Colonel Hicks: I want it all sealed up.
- Sergeant O'Neal: Yes sir! How...how do we do that, sir?
- Colonel Hicks: You fill 'em up with cement, brick 'em up, put landmines in 'em, bombs, I DON"T CARE! Make sure the damn thing doesn't leave the island!
- Dr. Niko Tatopoulos: That's a lot of fish.
- Dr. Niko Tatopoulos: I've always wanted to join the French Foreign Legion.
- Audrey Timmonds: Who was that French guy, anyway?
- Dr. Niko Tatopoulos: Oh, just some insurance guy.
- Mayor Ebert: Wait a minuite. Then how can he be pregnant? What is this, The Virgin Lizard?
- Audrey Timmonds: Oh, wait. I don't get it. If he's the first of his kind,how can he be pregnant? Doesn't he need a mate?
- Dr. Niko Tatopoulos: Not if he reproduces asexually.
- Audrey Timmonds: Where's the fun in that?
Discuss Godzilla on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Godzilla 1985 (DE)
- Godzilla 1985 (UK)