Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero Reviews

½ November 23, 2011
The sci-fi is amped up more than previous entries, resulting in one of the more interesting entries in the Godzilla franchise and more enjoyable than the previous entry "Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster". The film features American actor Nick Adams, playing a tough American astronaut named Glenn. Nick Adams gives a decent performance and adds a certain amount of flare to the film. The monster fighting is sporadic and rather short, but the human characters and the deliberately campy "Star Trek"-like plot makes the whole film worthwhile. The people of Planet X, for as goofy looking as they are, make for very good and memorable villains. This movie also introduced the idea of people taking control of monsters and using them for villainous purposes, a plot device that will be re-hashed many times in the Godzilla franchise. The english dubbing is also rather good in this movie when compared to other Godzilla dubs. Plus seeing Godzilla do a goofy dance after defeating King Ghidorah is just icing on the cheesy but enjoyable B-movie cake.
August 28, 2010
Another enjoyable Godzilla film. This time King Ghidra has appeared on a new found planet. The inhabitants ask to borrow Godzilla and Rodan to help them out in return for a cure to cancer. This film encompasses even more of a science-fiction tone. It does does it very well, with some nice interior designs and costumes. It once again focuses on the humans more than the monsters, even if the human characters lack some of the likability from previous outings. The monster fights aren't as impressive, with one of them taking place on a barren planet. A nice change, but no smashy :( Godzilla really begins to embrace his hero role, which makes this less horror. A nice development for the series.
October 25, 2012
While I am grateful Godzilla is not fighting a giant moth or a monster crawfish, the UFO scenes are so bad, so hard to watch that it just becomes torture. A 3 headed dragon is pretty cool. But Gidorah is not in the film as much as he should be, and instead, we get a lot of the cheesy UFO plot to deal with. I'd like some kaiju (Monsters) in my kaiju films, please.
November 8, 2012
this is my favorite film from the godzilla series. it has the one thing that im a sucker for, science fiction. i thought the idea was clever and they really took this film as good as possible. but my all time favorite scene was godzilla dancing, that was my all time favorite scene. its a great film, lots of sci fi, and thats what makes it the best, what a great monster flick. A+
June 14, 2007
One of my favorites from the early series with a much imitated plot and the gorgeous Kumi Mizuno, every male Godzilla fan's first crush.
October 14, 2012
If I'm engaged in the actual plot of the film and not merely relying on the monster fights to keep me interested then I know it's a good one. This film did just that. It was incredibly silly yet touching at the same time. Some nice science fiction elements ( a la, Star Trek) and then of course the great tag team of Godzilla and Rodan defeating King Gidorah. What more could you ask for?
½ July 20, 2010
Might not be one of the best Godzilla films, but it does have an interesting story and characters. One of my personal favorites.
June 15, 2007
While it is a bit slim on the monster action, this is actually quite a good movie. Silly aliens from Planet X on the far side of Jupiter ask to borrow Godzilla and Rodan to fight Monster Zero who has been decimating their planet and in return they will provide a miracle drug to the Earth. Turns out that Monster Zero is actually King Ghidorah and the people of Earth agree to lend the Xiliens Godzilla and Rodan. Unfortunately, it was all a really complicated ruse and the xiliens declare war on Earth, and use mind control to send Godzilla, Rodan, and King Ghidorah to destroy to Japan. Unfortunately for the aliens, the people of Earth have discovered a way to sever their control of the monsters. Godzilla and Rodan don't show up until almost a third of the way into the film, and the monster battles are horribly brief. However, when the rest of the movie is so much fun, it's easy to overlook. I'm quite fond of this Godzilla suit, and Rodan and King Ghidorah look great as well. There is an obvious use of stock footage from the original Rodan, but most of the monster destruction is brand new and very well done. It's worth a look and actually manages to be very entertaining.
½ July 20, 2010
A wonderful combination of science fantasy makes Godzilla vs Monster Zero a personal favorite... all that and Kumi Mizuno!!!
March 4, 2007
Aliens from Planet X want to borrow Big G and his birdy friend, but little do the Earthlings know that Planet X wants to create a 3 monster team to take over Earth. Godzilla and Rodan break free of the aliens grip, and send Ghidorah back where he belongs. Just a good, fun Kaiju movie.
½ February 11, 2007
Entertaining monster scenes, but they are too few and far between, and the rest of the film is a bore.
June 13, 2006
roflchoppter, MONSTER ZERO IS REALLY JUST KING GHIDORA BUT ITS STILL LIEK COOL AND STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 7, 2015
One of the coolest Godzilla films I've ever seen.
January 21, 2015
Definitely one of the kookier installments of the Godzilla franchise, but I would have liked to have seen more plot and character development. The story is a little too fast pace, an it has so much potential.
December 27, 2014
This is Godzilla at his campy best with aliens and guest appearances of other famous Kaiju characters. The alien outfits are precious!
½ August 13, 2014
Monster zero continued Godzilla's slide in the 60s from an allegory of nuclear destruction to a kids fluff. With intentionally silly scenes like the infamous Godzilla victory dance and its shameless use of stock footage not to mention a story built around an alien invasion plot that is contradictory and nonsensical its far from the big monsters best movie
July 16, 2014
This movie is a perfect blend of science fiction and Godzilla. The plot is very creative, the acting is good, especially from Nick Adams, and the monster effects are great! The battles between the monsters are awesome! One of my favorite Godzilla movies!
½ June 20, 2014
When I was a kid I lapped this stuff up like it was going out of style! As an adult I finally understood kids have no taste!