Gone Reviews

October 23, 2013
The big reveal at the end isn't entirely satisfying. Regardless of that, it's still a decent thriller.
October 5, 2013
A spent the whole movie thinking it was going to be the perv cop.
½ October 1, 2013
a nice film but there's not much suspense until the very very end. would watch again though
½ August 29, 2013
Entertaining little thriller, not original but it's still better to watch than a lot of thrillers recently.
September 26, 2013
Brave girl, a good mystery thriller
September 26, 2013
Nah! No! Amanda Seyfried deserves a better movie than this shit. I hate the ending. There's suspense all throughout the film until the ending. Bad, bad ending! I don't recommend this movie. It'll give you confusion and heartaches.
½ September 22, 2013
While it moves along at a decent clip, Gone is hampered by a lack of sustained suspense, an uninspired final act and idiotic decisions Seyfried's character is written to do.
September 12, 2013
In the middle of this intense thriller Gone Jill (Amanda Seyfried), a woman in a frantic search for the man who kidnapped her sister, holds a man at gun point for information on the man they call Digger. This is one of the many intense scenes that grabs and doesn?t let go even after the movie is over. Gone keeps you guessing at every turn and has twist endings you won?t see coming. It is one of the best PG-13 thriller movies I have seen.
In this movie Jill is kidnapped out of her bed and thrown down a hole. She escapes and goes to the police but no one believes her. Now it?s two years after her ordeal and she thinks things can finally get back to normal, but what she doesn?t know is it?s just the begging. When she discovers her sister is missing she is convinced that the same man that took her two years earlier has now taken her sister. Now she has less than twenty-four hours to do what an entire police force couldn?t do in two years find the man who took her. If she doesn?t find him her sister is dead at the bottom of a hole with the rest of his victims. This movie has a lot of intense moments that literally makes you afraid or worried.
It?s a really interesting psychological thriller and doesn?t have a boring over used plot. This movie was well put together. Just from the setting you could feel the emotion. The actors did a great job of portraying their emotions. Amanda Seyfried for example you could feel all her emotions it was like you were feeling those things. I really enjoyed the plot I felt like it was a generic outline for a serial killer movie with an original twist. All together the movie was great. I highly recommend it.
½ September 2, 2013
Gone and already forgotten. An Average thriller in every aspect.
August 26, 2013
Decent storyline but the actual confrontation scene at the end was a little anti-climactic. Amanda's character does good detective work in the film but its all wasted when we find out where her sister is. She does get more attractive, however, when she's running away from cops; mainly because her usual characters play more to her girly-girl looks. 3 stars overall 'cause I'm a fan & she played her character well. Its not her fault the drama/thriller lacked "drama/thrill".
August 19, 2013
what can i say? seeing this film must be the most ridiculous thing ive ever done
August 15, 2013
Meh. Not that good but seen worse. (Spoiler - ish: Another one of those movies where the police are rubbish.)
½ August 8, 2013
The guiltiest of guilty pleasures
½ August 7, 2013
It was too easy, it was not bloody enough. Just annoying.
August 5, 2013
Slow mystery where it's unclear if it is all in the protagonists head, but given the pace this is probably detrimental as there's little solid evidence shown for what is going on.
August 4, 2013
amanda Seyfried did a great job as a leading character, yet i believe the movie actually let her down a bit, more could of been portrayed about her original kidnapping instead of the flashbacks we were force fed, i was also rather disappointed by the ending, a chase scene could of added a bit more suspense rather than the one sided gun fight we ended up getting.

no blockbuster here but by no means was it a bore fest
½ July 27, 2013
Another squandering of Amanda Seyfried's talent, this low-mileage thriller won't be remembered for long. It's one of those Hollywood movies that goes in one eye and out the other. The movie lacks urgency and despite Amanda Seyfried's wide-eyed performance, it lacks both psychological complexity and thrills.
½ July 21, 2013
I wanted a plot twist! I didn't get it. Boo. It was interesting but the ending disappointed me.
½ May 30, 2012
I find this movie is like one of the many that I do want to see but have a feeling that it is just like the ending of Taken, Faster, etc. I guess it is different in a way, well one difference is that the main character is a girl not a guy. And I love Amanda Seyfried. I do want to see it, because I like to put my own opinions on these kinds of movies because then I could compare them and see what parts I did like from those movies that they included in there.
½ June 10, 2012
Not bad..not great. Liked the ending scene. Decent movie, based on today's standards (since I think most thrillers nowadays pretty much suck). Amanda is a good actress, so that definitely made it worth the watch...