67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Goodbye Pork Pie Reviews

Sylvester K

April 4, 2013
A very Kiwi film, I have no idea how people actually can enjoy this film because simply it doesn't have a valid plot, also the acting was pretty terrible. The characters are disturbingly obnoxious and dislikeable. I mean basically they are all liberal criminals. It shows the beauty of New Zealand scenery but not the people. There's really nothing good about this film.
Juli R

January 19, 2009
A Kiwi classic. It's surprising that Wellington looked almost the same back then as it does now. The scene with the railway cars and the ferry is unforgettable.
December 2, 2013
This movie has a lot going for it: compelling emotional character development, lightheartedness and understated humour, desperation, ordinariness, great personality, the road trip, the scenery, and of course, the seventies! It's unpretentious, straightforward storytelling with great car chases, crazy capers, memorable dialogue, punchlines, a darker side, an interesting poke at both convention and anarchy and an explosive finale.
Sylvester K

April 4, 2013
August 20, 2011
This movie is just plain stupid. Sometimes it's stupid in a good way, but sometimes it's cringe-worthy. Basically, this movie is just a sloppy mess, and although the premise is promising, the humour gives more groans than laughs. The audience is obviously meant to root for the protagonists, but they come across as obnoxious assholes, and not in the charming charismatic kind of way. The chase scenes between the yellow mini and the police are interesting and engaging, and the movie is backed up by the impressive scenery of backwater New Zealand. My conclusion is that it's not a bad film; it's just highly overrated and doesn't live up to it's status as a "kiwi classic".