Gor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gor Reviews

November 11, 2014
One of the lamest sci-fi movies I've seen. A mild-mannered teacher wears a ring left to him by his father and transports to another world, Gor, where medieval times prevail. He must become a fierce warrior to save the village he was welcomed into. Ho, hum. Rebecca Ferratti is the best set piece in the movie.
½ July 16, 2013
GOR is about a nerdy professor (Urbano Barberini) who inadvertently triggers a magic ring that teleports him to Gor, a fantastical land plagued by evil rulers and bad costume designers. Professor Tarl (yes Tarl, as in Karl with a "T"...very sci-fi) is forced to grow a pair and free the enslaved masses from the evil despot Sarm (that's Sam with an "R" thrown in for good measure.) Sarm is played by Oliver Reed. Oliver Reed looks fabuulooooousss. I have no idea why he's in this film, but I will say that the man earns his paycheck. He delivers his lines as if they were from a decent script in a good movie. As if GOR was being filmed by a competent director. As if he was sharing screen time with actors as professional and talented as himself.

Okay. Jack Palance is also in the flick...for about three minutes, apparently fulfilling some minimal obligation required by his contract. I haven't mentioned Jack Palance before this because, despite his hefty billing in the opening credits, he's about as essential to this movie as Jack the Ripper. Palance makes his first appearance just before the end credits. His storyline is so tangential, I'm inclined to think it was spliced onto GOR from another movie. But it can't have been, I guess, because a few of the actors from the beginning of the film are standing next to him.

GOR is directed by Fritz Kiersch - and by "directed" I mean Kiersch likely sat behind the camera, perhaps even while it was on. I say this to distinguish Kiersch from someone who exhibits talent.
June 19, 2013
Absolutely terrible. A cinematic latrine. The costumes are ridiculous, the characters are all idiots, The directing is horrendous, and most of the acting is atrocious and unbelievable.
½ October 28, 2012

Interpretive dancing and 80's hair cuts. Generic Conan, Ferratti was hotter then sin, though. Fritz Kiersch directed the first CHILDREN OF THE CORN.
½ November 1, 2012
Just plain horrible on possibly every level.