GORP

Added: May 9, 2008

GORP Reviews

AJ V
½ September 6, 2010
Another summer camp movie, and this may be the worst one of them. I saw this on TV, and all I saw were average teens doing normal summer camp stuff, with no trace of a story or basic plot. I couldn't stand watching it.
LWOODS04 LWOODS04
November 4, 2010
Cast: Michael Lembeck, Dennis Quaid, Philip Casnoff, Fran Drescher, David Huddleston, Rosanna Arquette, Lou Wagner, Richard Beauchamp

Director: Joseph Ruben

Summary: College students Kavell (Michael Lembeck) and Bergman (Philip Casnoff) spend a summer waiting tables and creating havoc at an upstate New York summer camp, aided by their unbalanced fellow waiter Grossman (Dennis Quaid). Their antics include drugging the campers and driving a tank through the camp. Meanwhile, they battle the junior waiters and try to make time with female counselors Vicki (Lisa Shure) and Evie (Fran Drescher).

My Thoughts: "I found this movie to be silly and funny. Has some very unique characters. Dennis Quaid had to be my favorite of the bunch. His character was a bit insane. I also loved the wino in the film. Him playing cards with himself was quite amusing. It was nice seeing Fran Drescher in a younger role as well. Love the 80's, the films and the music of the area. Just a fun watch. The kind of film where you can just shut the brain off and enjoy the silliness of it."
Jason R
½ September 13, 2009
GORP is basically your typical raunchy sex-comedy except it was made decades before the genre came too have the big box-office success that most have today. The film features a very young Dennis Quaid, and Fran Drescher and also has Rosanna Arquette in her first starring role.
GORP is a laugh a minute riot, and is really a hidden comedy gem with some pretty raunchy stuff even by today's standards. So if you like your comedies completely out there and utterly absurd then GORP is the movie for you...
The80sExpert The80sExpert ½ August 8, 2010
Is there any story in this hodgepodge of a movie? All sorts of stupid practical jokes take place in a summer camp, and none of them are funny. They were trying too hard to copy Meatballs with this movie, and failed miserably. I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie.
Judy C September 1, 2013
movie I was almost in...until they said, "Get Nakey!"
Ernie O September 23, 2012
Proof again that you don't have to have talent to write a Hollywood script. Even as this genre goes, it is really lacking.
FilmGrinder S. FilmGrinder S. ½ March 1, 2012
78%

Welcome to Camp Oskemo! Where mayham and madness rule supreme! Unfortunitly, some of the jokes become heinous as unresponsible filmmakers try and make light of poisoning and drug induced rape. It's one half ANIMAL HOUSE, a quarter of MEATBALLS, and a quarter of PORKY'S. Watch for the girl who almost gets killed, by being run over by a tank. Moral of story: Fuck the man!
Kirbert Kirbert August 21, 2010
Excellent stupid movie, proud of its stupidity! It's a typical summer camp movie where there's no end of mischief going on, but in this movie it's actually funny! Don't expect plot, just nonstop insanity.

Supposedly the debut of Rosanna Arquette, but unfortunately you barely see her. She has perhaps three lines the whole movie.

You also get to see Fran Drescher in a pre-Nanny role, and you get to see quite a bit of her. She's not yet using that irritating nasal squeal that became her trademark later on.
Paul Celano Paul Celano ½ November 30, 2009
This is one of those movies where they just throw everything together last minute. There is no story or plot to the movie. Just random scenes until it finally ends. That just makes a bad movie all together. The only thing that got a chuckle from the film was the characters. Some were pretty funny to watch. Dennis Quaid was one. Fran Drescher was in the film too, but did not have a good character. Most of the good characters were just one movie wonders. Too bad it had to be this film. So this is not a very entertaining film to watch.