Gotham Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
Ghosts or no ghosts? This is a great thriller movie, but I want to see it again sometime, I barely remember it.
May 4, 2014
This thriller gets the classic noir atmosphere just right, complete with a convincing femme fatale. The story starts off great, with clever dialogue and the plot that kept me guessing, but towards the end, the filmmakers apparently ran out of ideas, and just threw in a standard "double-cross" plot twist that made no sense and left the story unresolved.
½ July 8, 2007
Virginia Madsen is beautiful and in too few movies in my opinion, but this was terrible.
September 30, 2005
Hey there-
if you want a good ghost story, this is one of the best you'll find. It has a good blend of everything.. mystery and drama, suspense,chills & even romance..it also has the best rendition of the song, Danny Boy, that I've ever heard. Keep the kleenex close at hand for it. If it helps, two of my all-time favorites star in it.. Tommy Lee Jones and Virginia Madsen. Don't let the 1988 scare you away,.. this is my idea of a true classic. Definitely a keeper / collector. I ordered it thru BlockBuster Video,..
I don't, so far, read the reviews others write, and I have been away 9 months prior to posting a few things late last night and now today. The plan is to be here more often and see who and what there is to see here. I am all for new acquaintances and adding friends here, and definitely i-m chats. Ditto emails. So anyone who'd like particulars on any movies, step on up and feel free to mention it. I'll give the best I can without giving away the movie.
So , now it's time to do the preview , and most likely, again see it all in b*w vs. the blue I have been trying to make it since the one post that did work and I have not the first clue as to why or how it did then and these won't now. I don't think you are going to find Gotham on the shelves at any rentals.. I think* it might go for around 20$ or so. I don't recall what I gave for it but I had it on vhs and dubbed it already to dvd anyway. No- I am not interested in making and selling copies,.. again.. good luck at the movies and happy hunting!