The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (Wildcat) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (Wildcat) Reviews

September 6, 2010
Another stupid western I saw on TV one day, I hated it, it's too boring.
jjnxn
August 26, 2010
Even at an hour and three quarters this seems to go on forever.
September 5, 2010
It has three things going for it. One it's a western, two it's a comedy, and three it stars Lee Marvin. Good for a chuckle.
March 24, 2010
FUNNIEST WESTERN MOVIES OF ALL TIMES....A MUST SEE.
July 10, 2011
I thought the movie was very entertaining. Good one-liners. Must buy for my video collection.
September 6, 2010
Another stupid western I saw on TV one day, I hated it, it's too boring.
December 22, 2010
Silly but entertaining comedy/western along the lines of "Cat Ballou". Not as funny at "Cat Ballou" but a very good cast that includes Lee Marvin, Strothers Martin, Kay Lenz, Oliver Reed, and Robert Culp make it more enjoyable than the script deserved.
October 10, 2010
Rowdy, slapstick, Western-comedy, full of low-brow, smutty shenanigans delivered by an intriguing cast clearly having a blast themselves. Lee Marvin, Robert Culp, & perennially- seedy desert-slob Strother Martin steal the show, as does Oliver Reed, oddly cast as a randy half-breed Indian with a severe dose of the clap! Also featuring the petite & delightful Kay Lenz in an early role as a wayward prostitute, and an unrecognizable Sylvia Miles as the bordello madame hot on her trail. I've been waiting for years for it to appear on video, in any form--hopefully, one day!
September 7, 2010
did not like the nudity and profanity.
I give it 2 stars for being a little funny
September 5, 2010
jjnxn
August 26, 2010
Even at an hour and three quarters this seems to go on forever.
½ April 5, 2010
This film is hysterical. The first time I saw it on TV, I about died from laughing a second time. Plus, with actors like Lee Marvin, Oliver Reed, Strother Martin, the late Robert Culp, and Kay Lenz, how can you go wrong? I hope it gets released to DVD.
March 27, 2010
I laughed so much.. A great movie..
½ March 8, 2010
Wacky western farce featuring the always entertaining personalities of Lee Marvin and Oliver Reed. This is some really cheesy stuff, but the cast remains in top form through the hokey antics and manage just enough laughs to keep it watchable. Not a great (or even a good) film, really, but reasonably entertaining.
February 19, 2010
Has to be the funniest Western Ive ever seen
½ June 26, 2008
Without a doubt one of the most unusal pairings in film's History, But 100% Entertaining and a Gem! Reed as an Indian is a Classic
May 5, 2008
Good Movie and I am looking for a copy of it anyone know where I can find one??
½ June 19, 2006
Comedy western about two men... White man Sam Longwood (Lee Marvin) and an Indian Joe Knox (Oliver Reed) who are former partners who re-unite to track down a former partner who cheated them out of money and stole Sam's wife.

Very funny and underrated film. While the story is lacking... Oliver as the stereotypical indian is funny with his gags and jokes. We can't forget Strother Martin that manages to crack off a few jokes and keep you entertained aswell.

It's not a great film though... Once you get passed the jokes, you'll find this is really a below average film. Nothing really fits together and the movie has too many scenes that are just pointless Luckly, it remembers not to take it's self too seriousally, which allows you to just laugh at the jokes and most will be happy with that I think.

5/10