Gremlins Reviews

March 25, 2015
Cute,warm and fuzzy old school popcorn flick with heart.
½ March 7, 2015
First few minutes of the movie is good, but rest is overall terrible. Waste of my time. They're trying to hard to scare the viewer. Waste of my time.
½ March 3, 2015
"Ahh! Light bright! Light bright! Light bright"
March 1, 2015
One minute it's cute and cuddly the next minute it's frightening and anything but charming so don't get too attached to that warm and fuzzy feeling!
February 22, 2015
Absolutely a CLASSIC! I loved "Gremlins" as a child, and I watched this with my 11 year old nephew(his first time seeing this one) and still loved it as an adult. Everything still holds up today, including the special effects. If this movie was made today it would have been ruined by CGI. I love that it was all done with puppets. This is what a true horror is supposed to do. I grew up with allthe popular slashers like, Michael Myers, Jason, and Freddy Krueger, and nothing terrified me more than the gremlins did. This was the first movie that made me scared to go to sleep but I wanted to watch it over and over. Good job, movie! I don't know if Zach Galligan ever did anything after this franchise, or Phoebe Cates but, both were functional and Phoebe Cates was one of my first crushes in the 80s. This is a terrific time, horror mixed with the right amount of comedy. People of all generations will appreciate "Gremlins".
February 15, 2015
A lovely twisted little Christmas tale.
February 15, 2015
Classic horror movie full of little angry monsters that will rip your hometown!
January 21, 2015
I find it mysterious; there's more to be seen and thought than it appears on the surface. It's very pungent when Gizmo starts multiplying.
January 16, 2015
Not sure if it's primarily a family film or a horror. 'Gremlins' is not particularly funny, and its horror elements are somewhat softened by its silliness, but its creative premise allows it the freedom to sufficiently venture into both genres, managing to keep the tone light-hearted while having the power to frighten people with the gremlins' authentically grotesque appearances and a vicious sense of humour. It is regrettable that I left it this late to see 'Gremlins' as I probably would have liked it much more as a young teen. Still, better late than never.
June 25, 2010
on my need to see list
January 10, 2015
Un 6. Cuando era pequeño la veía buenísima, vaya que ya no.
January 7, 2015
Childhood nightmare.
½ September 27, 2007
This was a fun little film that I'm pleased to report holds up well after all these years. It's quite charming and well worth re-visiting if you're like me and hadn't seen it in ages.

Recommended
½ December 12, 2007
I lost interest in a lot of films from my childhood, but this one has stood the test of time. Its still fun and entertaining 30 years after it came out.
½ December 31, 2014
The hipster's movie of choice for Christmas. If like me you grew up watching this film regularly on VHS as a kid you probably remember it as being funny and witty and clever, unfortunately on re-viewing it's really none of those things. Aside from a few nice nods to Bedford Falls this is dull and has dated terribly. It's not scary and it's not funny either so fails on both levels. The essential premise seems to be that simply dressing puppets up in a variety of different outfits and placing them in different situations is inherently funny...it ain't.
December 17, 2007
18.01.2013,
15.12.2013,
21.12.2014
December 17, 2014
I love this film and happy 30th Anniversary to Gremlins
December 11, 2014
A classic horror comedy that most 80-90 kids will remember with great pride. Its funny and contains some beautiful puppetry, no CGI here folks!
December 5, 2014
Whilst many may turn this away spouting that it's an over-the-top satire, 'Gremlins' is nonetheless a classic that combines horror, comedy and Christmas spirit to create a much-loved and unique black comedy. Despite it's tough competition up against 'Ghostbusters' during the same year, 'Gremlins' still went on to be named a pop cult classic (with a hint of Spielberg). A film that takes the Christmas milieu of 'It's a Wonderful Life' and splatters it with carnage and anarchic comedy, those who don't appreciate 'Gremlins' for the satirical masterpiece it is, clearly don't have a sense of humour.
½ October 9, 2009
Delightful film thanks to Joe Dante's direction & brilliant special-effects, that while a little dated, still hold up thanks to the obvious care put into them. Gizmo will still have kids & adults wanting a mawgli (still haven't got one from Santa), while the Gremlins manage to be both charming & scary at the same time (and quite frankly, show more personality than the human actors in the film). After "Die Hard", this is my second favorite Christmas movie.