Nasty, Spooky, Old-School "Grind House" Posters!

We're obviously going to have a lot more "Grind House" reports to look forward to between now and next April, but hey, when you've got Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino working on a horror flick throwback epic ... the fans will want to be kept up-to-date. For example, check out a trio of fantastic old-school "GH" posters right here at RT...

Rotten Tomatoes' "Grizzly" went ahead and posted a nifty little blog entry in which all three of the "Grind House" teaser posters can be found, and you can check 'em out right here. Those of you old enough (like me) to remember the 70s-style schlock posters will undoubtedly get a kick out of these new one-sheets ... and the Griz really likes the "Death Proof" one!

Debuting next April 6th, "Grind House" is an anthology-type horror flick that promises to be pretty darn cool. I'd rattle off the cast list, but it seems to keep fluctuating every few weeks. I do know, however, that Kurt Russell is playing a psycho -- which is awesome!

Comments

lavatory love machine

juan carlos petruchi

that's pretty cool, but I wish that robert wasn't involved, he's a very director but it miles away from QT's talent

Aug 9 - 08:35 AM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

I personally think both are good directors, but both are also vastly overrated.

I am really, really looking forward to this movie(s?), and I have to agree the Death Proof poster is much better than either of the Planet Terror posters, but oh well, as long as we don't end up with over-photoshopped bells-and-whistles posters as we get closer to release, I'll be happy.

Aug 9 - 09:27 AM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

I personally think both are good directors, but both are also vastly overrated.

Aug 9 - 09:27 AM

poedude99

gerry clough

[b]i'm wondering...[/b]
will tarantino's episodes be shot on film and rodriquez's episodes on hidef video?

www.savagerun.com

Aug 9 - 10:20 AM

snkyninja

Mike Walker

[b]Rodriquez overated...?[/b]
Possibly, his filmaking is without a doubt decent. The quality of his scripts though have always lacked. He has also turned a profit everytime. QT. I would bet my first born that dissapointment from his side of the table will not be present. He is a master and I could not be happier there is not a large break in between his movies. But a shit load of the finest chiba and a horde of Thailand hookers would keep me off the scene for a while as well. "Fuck Hollywood I made Pulp Fiction baby."

Aug 9 - 02:15 PM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

Oh, without a doubt Rodriguez and Tarantino make some very fun movies. RR's Mariachi trilogy houses some of the best popcorn movies around. But I think that they get WAAAAY too much credit. It's not their fault, it's the fault of all the little fanboys who think that they're masters of indie/underground cinema because they saw 'Pulp Fiction' twice. (And not saying all QT fans are like that, but I know a few.)

At least we know Roger Ebert will like it.

Aug 9 - 02:37 PM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

At least we know Roger Ebert will like it.

Aug 9 - 02:37 PM

Fozzybear

Pete Szczepanek

[b]Coool[/b]
Awesome...I'm not a big Rodriguez fan, but whatever. The posters are cool...

Aug 9 - 02:43 PM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Cool posters all though I have seen them already. I am very hyped about this film since QT is one of my favorite writers/directors and Robert Rodriguez is growing on me alot so this film is probably my top of the year. Can't wait for more news.

Aug 9 - 05:51 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]wow[/b]
I remember I made statements that QT was over rated about a year ago and the Fanboys just jumped on me like a pack of rabid wolves. I guess it just takes time (a whole year) for people so see that the Emperor really isn't wearing any clothing.

Aug 10 - 09:24 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

But that's the way of Hollywood. Someone comes out with a killer movie (Pulp Fiction) that does really well because it's different enough to strike a chord and happens to be good. The director is praised to the rooftops and thinks he can do no wrong, so he makes a couple of movies that don't live up to his hype (Four Rooms, Jackie Brown) so people suddenly declare he's a hack and become haters. Then the director comes out again with something really cool and people love him again. Same happened to Rodriguez and is also happening to M Night (although M. Night now has to come out with the really cool project). I believe they are all competent directors who have hit stumbling blocks along the way. They are no better or worse than some other directors, they just have better publicists. The thing I like about Rodriguez is just the pure love for movies and moviemaking that he projects in his interviews. He has no delusions to being some sort of snooty artist, he just has fun making movies that he things people like.

Aug 11 - 06:25 AM

Master King Sexington

Tyler Jones

And QT is snooty and doesn't love movies? And I like Jackie Brown, but then again I've like everything he's done. Rodriguez sorta lost me with the Spy Kids thing but one me back and more so with Sin City.
As for them being overrated, how so? They probably have alot more fanboys (me) then they do people who loathe their work. No ones ever said they're the greatest movies ever, nor that their movies are for everyone. They just direct the movies they would want to watch, and many people agree with them. But then again, I'm a fanboy of both so my view is biased. This movie is on my must see list for up coming movies along with Spiderman 3, even though I'm not to crazy about the machine gun leg on Mrs. McGowen.

Aug 11 - 09:38 PM

Master King Sexington

Tyler Jones

Aug 11 - 09:38 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast