17% Transcendence Apr 18

aSpaceCowboy
aSpaceCowboy

May 31, 2008
(new review coming soon)

honestly, I wish this movie could have been more serious. Not many would expect this to turn out as a Comedy; it's mostly action the people saught out for in this, especially from the genre:"grind house". it just exajerated all the errors in grind ho...(read more)use films and turned them into a 3 hour parody. neither film had a point. they were both random and moronic... but they sure were entertaining. i just wish this wasn't a Parody
alanjayh
alanjayh

July 4, 2008
great concept executed by Tarantino....first episode goes wayyyyyy over the top with gore and violence...second episode more realistic to say the least and a more satisfying conclusion...the intermission previews are a blast!!
May 28, 2010
Death Proof was like awesome, but the Planet Terror was the stupidest crap Tarantino could have produced"
March 16, 2009
This was cool to see in the theatre. Planet Terror is non stop action. The time flies by. Death Proof starts well but drags in the middle before ending with a great car chase. They should've switched the order of the movies. After the fast pace of Planet Terror it is hard to sit through parts of the slower Death Proof. The fake trailers were great. I hope they make an actual movie out of Machette.
July 24, 2008
The theatrical release of both films (Planet Terror, Death Proof) together with the fake previews as a suture (featuring my favorite guy in the whole world, Nick Frost) was my preferred version of this film experiment. As separate entities, they are still fun and effective, but I enjoy this three-plus-hour overload the slightest bit more. A love letter for true genre buffs.
laney33
July 6, 2008
I didn't like this at all - either movie! I'll give it a star just for Kurt Russell, even though he looked yucky and was an evil dude. I'll give it one more star for the gun leg. I would never have thought of something like that! That comes out to one star per movie.
ldt1740
June 30, 2008
these are some helluva movies..... the graphics are vintage and I like the look. It reminds me of old days, with todays special effects... its a helluva ride
PEKOchan74
May 15, 2008
My fave directors and a great concept. I loved the fake trailers inbetween the films.
PS I heart Bruce Willis!
April 27, 2008
They could've made the picture quality alot better, but overall it's exactly what you would expect from Tarantino & Rodriguez. Sin City meets From Dusk Til Dawn.
April 24, 2008
Just gave this the re-watch on cable, and while I still love the concept more than the execution, it's a fun set of films.

I still can't get past the glacial pacing of Death Proof and the fact that Tarantino seems to give up on the scratchy aged film look about halfway through the movie.

Cumulatively there's enough here for me to give this a high rating, but I wish Tarantino had an editor who would raign him in.

Recommended.
August 8, 2010
This was a great night at the movies. 2 features from 2 of the best directors for the price of one!