Grown Ups - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grown Ups Reviews

December 17, 2015
I have watched this movie several times. Every time I laugh at the goofballs. I respect Adam for both his comedy and his thoughtfulness to bring his friends along for his crazy rides. If only we all could have fun with our friends doing what we love.
½ January 18, 2015
All this talent, it's GOT to be funny, right? Nope.
Like watching someone pay bills online.
Yes, THAT unfunny..
Only for die-hard fans.
Amiable yes. But lame.
Lame and labored, w extra boring sauce.
The cute kids keep it friendly tho - add half a star.
We all want to like this.
Great talent wasted on ppl phoning it in. The script is missing the funny and the jokes.

Something to fall asleep to on a lazy afternoon.

2.5 out of 5
½ December 6, 2015
Boring, unfunny, just plain terrible
½ December 3, 2015
Ever since 2002 Adam Sandler has been making terrible movies. I thought grown ups was going to be a major comeback. Then it was a childish movie that should of been a wake up call for Adam. It wasn't
December 3, 2015
Pelciula palomera que se me hizo bastante divertida para aquellos que aun conservamos amistades de a niņez entendemos lo pesado que podemos llegar a ser y convertirnos como niņos cuando nos volvemos a ver ahora 30 aņos despues.
This is a good movie to pass the time but if you keep your childhood friends you can compehend this kind of movie. it's very funny.
½ November 28, 2015
Juvenile yet heart warming flick that is saved by the ensemble cast (that is, its not all about Adam Sandler's character). Youngsters will love it.
½ November 26, 2015
NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
April 4, 2011
One of the last funny Adam sandler movies. Great cast of characters and made me laugh for most of the movie. The plot was generic but lots of funny situations.
½ November 10, 2015
Better than Godfather 9/11
October 28, 2015
It isn't as bad as people claim it to be but that's not saying much when it's still a bad movie. There were a few funny scenes but it was mostly unfunny in the worst possible way.
½ October 26, 2015
Does anyone find this funny? Torture.
½ May 11, 2010
At the time, I remember thinking this was quite a funny movie, a little more comical than most other bog standard American laughter flicks, but now, I can hardly remember what happened - Not a good sign! I think it's safe to say that it entertains and serves its purpose for a couple of hours, but is not full of enough one liners or side splitting moments, that make you reinact them in everyday life. I liked the concept, five former basketballers who reunite at the death of their coach, and begin to relive their childhood with various other members of the family, in one big lakeside villa. The sheer numbers of characters means there are plenty of different comedy stances in this, something to appeal to everyone. You have the fat one, the black one, the family man, the playboy, and the granny snatcher, every one of whom is played by a familiar face of cinema. It has a real holiday feel to it this and is the sort of movie that would feel best being watched right before a summer vacation - Unsure why I therefore decided to watch it in the middle of Autumn when I have no happy holidays planned :(. I can picture the type of people this would appeal to and it's bound to be anyone under the age of 40 for whom it would be seen as pretty cool if they were to watch this. It needs to be more out there and controversial with its jokes to get my full vote, but it's not poor enough to slate or to recommend avoiding. Yes, I would watch the sequel, but equally I wouldn't feel I missed out if I never got the chance.
October 20, 2015
Grown Ups is a glimmering monument to those who wish to turn on the big screen and turn off the brain. It offers plentiful doses of mindless nonsense with a joyful warmth that comes from cheap gags and slapstick comedy.

This film is a pleasant way to spend a summer evening with a family, and offers no shocks or controversy; but in lieu provides smiles and that Steve Martin-esque feel-good factor.
November 30, 2014
Even though some of the humor may be dumb and offensive to some, if you don't take this movie too seriously, and you'll have a great time! A+
½ May 21, 2010
A good group of funny guys all in one film! This is gonna be a funny one!
½ February 12, 2012
Adam Sandler. Enough said
September 8, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: It tackles some serious themes with a great light-hearted tone, the 3 main guys are all funny and their humour feels real
WHAT I DIDNT LIKE: It's not a particularly interesting plot and the characters are fairly bland with little development
VERDICT: It's supposed to be a fun family film and it fulfills there, but it's not particularly exciting or clever and does bore after a while
½ March 5, 2011
no real plot-line though. How many times do I have to see this piece of crap in a month?
October 8, 2012
It was simply a random film. One of the thinnest story lines in movie history, potty and slapstick movie glue this movie together. Put in a few good actors and get some quality lines, but the rest of script is no good, and the some the jokes are cringe-worthy. Grown ups has definitely wasted would could have been one of the funniest movies of the year.
August 20, 2015
This was a good movie, it definitely does not deserve the critics score