Grown Ups 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grown Ups 2 Reviews

November 12, 2015
Just as good as the first, if not better!
½ February 23, 2015

It's worse than the first movie. Adam Sandler has been in every bad movie, Every... Single... One of them.
Kevin James has been in decent movies Like Here comes the Boom and Paul Blart Mall Cop. This, No Way! I know it's hilarious but it's still rotten.
July 12, 2013
What they've just given us is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in their rambling, incoherent efforts were they even close to anything that could be considered comedy. Everyone in the movie theatre is now dumber for having watched it. I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.
½ October 15, 2015
The script annoyed me too many times in this movie with some really lame jokes and the absolutely annoying "Whaaaaaaatt?" from Tim Meadows and his fictionalized family. I will say though that there are a few laughs here but they seem to be few and far between. 'Grown Ups 2' is an unnecessary sequel that was only made based off of the Box Office success of it's funnier predecessor.
½ September 24, 2015
While it will undoubtedly please Adam Sandler and Company's fans, Grown ups 2 is a tired, brainless and pointless excursion in sitcom-esque humor that alienates all else, as well as go below the low bar set by it's predecessor.
½ November 30, 2014
Yet underrated, some of the humor i can agree it's pretty stupid, but it's like the first one, if you don't take it too seriously, you'll have a great time! B+
September 13, 2015
Sophomoric humor at best.
October 27, 2013
In the vein of the first, but not quite as funny. A lot of the jokes are a cross between Sandler and Family Guy, but not enough new material.
½ September 1, 2015
Although I'm not an Adam Sandler hater, this is one of his really bad ones. The best thing about this one is Salma's cleavage. Sucks.
August 2, 2013
Don't even ask me how Grown Ups even got a sequel after it was dubbed one of the worst movies of it's year. I'll give this movie some credit for attempting to have some heart. But, in all honesty, it really turns into a fuckfest of horrible acting, no plot whatsoever, and just a bunch of random characters you don't give a shit about. I laughed a few times in this movie, but it is surprisingly worst than the first, and a complete waste of time.
August 19, 2015
Grown ups 2 is the sequel that no one asked for. It is an all-around mess.
½ August 15, 2015
MIldly amusing occasional laughs of throw away trivialness. Any life lessons died from the dumb gags smothering it.
August 13, 2015
In the opening scene, an elk urinates on Adam Sandler. That's how America feels every time a new movie of his comes out.
½ February 23, 2012
Same old, same old. Punch to the gut gags were so much fun the first time, not so much the second time around.
July 12, 2013
Holy crap was that funny. It didn't need to be that funny nor did I expect it to be. The real debate now is, is it better than the 1st movie. Well for me, I laughed more this time than the 1st but, I think that the story in the 1st one was a little better. Everyone in this was funny with the exception of Stone Cold Steve Austin, but to be fair, I think he was the one character that was not supposed to be funny and Taylor Lautner who was just annoying, but everyone else was spot on in this. The real stealers of the show were all the background characters, from Shaquille O'Neal, to even the kids of the main characters. The one gripe I do have is that the "BurpSnart" joke was overdone about 4 times and there were only 5 in total if I recall correctly and a couple of the jokes just did not work, but there has to be a gripe, so that was it. If you liked the first film you'll like this one, and I can safely say for now that Adam Sandler has made an entertaining movie compared to the last few he's put out (although That's My Boy wasn't all that bad) so for now he's back. RECOMMENDED for Sandler fans, fans of the 1st film, and for people who just want to laugh.
July 11, 2013
Terrible, terrible movie.
March 21, 2015
Here we see a film that tries to be better than its predecessor, but it fails tremendously.
½ February 20, 2014
It's going to take a lot of therapy to erase the emotional scars this film gave me (I'm pretty sure I lost a small piece of my soul watching this film). There is ZERO PLOT (we start out with Sandler's family and friends already having moved to his hometown, and the rest of the film is just following him and his friends as they cause's basically a bunch of random unfunny sketches and gags), no characters or character development, and there are only maybe 5 or 6 funny moments in the film. It's easily the longest hour 41 minutes you will ever have to sit through (the film just WILL NOT END!). It's a downright insulting film (to your intelligence, your money and your time). It's absolute torture. I eagerly await the day when Adam Sandler retires from film making.
½ June 6, 2015
I love the flow of the movie, keeps you glued to
the screen. great movie to enjoy.