Box Office Wrapup: Grudge Sequel Attacks #1 Spot

Summary

Moviegoers were in the mood to be spooked this weekend as the horror sequel The Grudge 2 scared its way to a number one opening after its release on Friday the 13th. Back to Article

Comments

killthemall

mynameis mynameis

Grudge 2 at #1....people are still idiots.

Oct 16 - 07:24 AM

FILMCZY

First Last

Hello, is this Sony Pictures?

This is Sham Meister, I'm the agent for Tara Reid. Yes, THE "American Pie" Tara Reid, not the one who was in "Alone in the Dark." No...Yes, I'm sure. Anyway I understand a Grudge 3 is in development and Ms. Reid would just LOVE to take a look at that script when its complete. Oh, it's already finished? Wow, you guys are FAST. Now, Ms Reid is adamant that Miss "Buffy" is not associated with the production. She does not want to be upstaged you understand. What's that? No, Ms Reid no longer has lop-sided breasts. She had those corrected recently. I must ask though that the picture be rated R. Ms Reid would like to show her new "enhancements" properly before the pool cleaning man catches sight of them. Yes, no...yes I understand the need for PG-13. Are her breasts PG-13? I'll ask the pool guy and get back in touch with you...

Oct 16 - 07:29 AM

daycare

chris mark

Flags of our Fathersis looking pretty bad. Even the users do not like the film. The Departed and The Grudge 2 might be the top film next week

Oct 16 - 07:56 AM

antickpix

Varun Rajiv

The Prestige for #1?

Oct 16 - 08:10 AM

antickpix

Varun Rajiv

The Prestige for #1?

Oct 16 - 08:10 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I saw Texas Chainsaw for the 13th, I'm not a big fan of messed up slasher films but it was pretty good. I'm glad that The Departed is holding on well, it's one of the years best. I'm also glad that The Last King of Scotland, and The Queen are still doing well, I want them to expand so I can see them, which the King is this friday. It doesn't supprise me that Infamous isn't doing that well, even with a good cast I just can't really get excited about another Capote movie. And The Prestige will definitely be number one this next weekend, which I want to see.

Oct 16 - 08:19 AM

Mikeal420

David Goldman

did anyone here who saw the Grudge 2 actually like it??

J-Horror films used to be America's source for creative horror, but now the J-Horror films have become so cliche that even the Japanese no longer like them. Is there any good horror left out there? I don't remember the last time seeing a horror movie and actually being scared by it, do you??

For a great J-Horror film that wil NEVER be remade in America- see the "Audition", but you will need patience to get to the truly terrifying ending

Oct 16 - 08:36 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]lets all have fun with Boston accents![/b]
Don't be reTARDed, go watch the DePARted, while watching it I fARTed, So go see the police get out-smARTed!

Oct 16 - 08:58 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

They should have released Moster House now. It would have made a killing.

Oct 16 - 10:28 AM

aconline

Adam Collins

The Departed was the best movie I have seen in years. As for this weekend's box office, well, what did you expect from a Friday the 13th weekend? A horror movier took it. Next weekend, it will be more like, the Grudge what? The Prestige all the way for #1. I hope it is as good as The Illusionist.

Oct 16 - 10:45 AM

Pilgermann

Michael Warren

CRIPES, the first Grudge was a horrible piece of crap, yet people are idiotic enough to see the sequel. I HATE YOU ALL!

Oct 16 - 11:06 AM

Circe Prankster

Prentice Clark

The book "The Prestige" is fascinating - a really unusual story, which begins as a story about a rivalry between two stage magicians and gradually turns into something more fantastical and strange . . . with a truly creepy ending. It's a much more complex and interesting mystery than "The Illusionist," which is essentially a con-artist movie (and I guessed the whole con from the beginning). The trailer looks great for The Prestige and I'm really looking forward to it. I think it'll definitely make #1. ("Flags of our Fathers" looks like a bore.)

Oct 16 - 12:13 PM

Mikeal420

David Goldman

I never read the"Prestige" but the story sounds like "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell", another great book about two competing magicians-- but from the Trailer of the "Prestige", it sounds more dark and gloomy than the outlandish humor and fantasy in "Jonathon Strange", plus "Strange" would prabably require a much bigger budget

Oct 16 - 05:26 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer