• PG-13, 1 hr. 41 min.

90% Outlander: Season 1

Grumpier Old Men Reviews

Shawn E

March 14, 2011
A good sequel to a great classic! Once again Walter Matthau has the best one-liners!
Anthony L

September 25, 2009
Walter Matthau & Jack Lemmon. Rest in peace fellas, we miss ya! You too Burgess Meredith!
Jason O

August 15, 2009
"Grumpy Old Men" has been one of my favorite comedy movies since I first saw it when it came out. Therefore, I couldn't wait to see "Grumpier Old Men," the sequel. It's pretty much just like the first one except with more laughs and some new faces. In this one, Max (Walter Matthau) has a son (Kevin Pollak) and John (Jack Lemmon) has a daughter (Daryl Hannah). Max's son and John's daughter are supposed to be getting married soon. Ann Margaret returns in this one and another new person is Sophia Loren along with her Italian mom. Best of all, Grandpa Gustafson returns with his hilarious one-liners in this sequel.
"Grumpier Old Men" is even funnier than the first movie was, and the new people fit in with the original cast perfectly. Everybody does a great job of acting. There's a lot of parts in the movie that are unforgettable once you see them such as when Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon temporarily turn their backs on one another and start playing hilarious pranks on each other, and the fight with the huge catfish. To top it all off, after the movie is over, it shows a lot of outtakes from the film, mainly with Grandpa Gustafson and they're just as hilarious as the movie itself was.

If you liked the first movie or if you like comedy movies where the laughs never stop, I recommend getting "Grumpier Old Men." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Awesome sequel...can't beat Lemmon and Matthau as a duo...R.I.P.
cosmo313
cosmo313

January 4, 2008
The laughs and the story aren't QUITE as strong this time around, but it's still quite a funny and entertaining film.
deano
deano

May 27, 2007
The second teaming of Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau as cranky, lifelong neighbours provides - surprisingly - as many chuckles and guffaws as their first outing. Once again, Burgess Meredith, as Lemmon's sex-obsessed father, gets most of the belly laughs.
Jason S

January 31, 2007
A great and funny sequel to the original. No snow in this one!
sainttom93
sainttom93

January 14, 2007
a fine topping for their careers
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
Sophia Loren cracks me up in this movie.
Lee K

July 20, 2008
funny movie, however the prise of these two movies is one of the last performances by the very funny burgess meredith his part as jack lemmons dad is the reason i watch these movies!
alanjayh
alanjayh

July 1, 2008
Still grumpy and still funny..
jim222001us
jim222001us

August 6, 2007
Just like the original, I love this movie eventhough it's not great, it's entertaining and harmless. Lemmon and Mattau were always fun together. Burgess Meredith's perverted one-liners are funny once again here as well.
iLeo
iLeo

April 11, 2007
Still one of the best movies ever! One of my favorites.
Haley A

March 18, 2006
"Restauante!"
April 11, 2013
Not quite as good as the first one, but the original was so awesome it's hard to live up to. Still, a hilarious movie, but see Grumpy Old Men first, if you haven't already.
April 15, 2007
As is the case with most sequels, it wasn't good as the original but at least this one ties in nicely with the story from the original and still has enough funny moments and slapstick that makes it worth a look.
February 2, 2007
"Even your infantile penis jokes seem funny and witty this morning."

They weren't grumpier.

"Here's some matches. Set yourself on fire."
February 14, 2009
Walther Mattheau and Jack Lemon are absolutely great together...So this one is as good as the first one.
firstamb
July 8, 2008
Two years later, Lemmon and Matthaw return to the same formula with this follow up, more than sequel, in the saga of the two misfit Minnesota old men. Not as funny or sweet as the first, but the old guys seem to be having a great time.
themasterpiece69
March 18, 2007
This is a great sequel.Once again all of the characters work well together.I highly recommend this movie.
bonasjsb
January 22, 2008
Same jokes, some still funny. A 70 year old Sophia Loren is not hot though, no matter how hard they try.