Guy X Reviews

½ June 15, 2007
Strange, but altogether intriguing. The story of a soldier transferred to Greenland instead of Hawaii and the impossibility of escape.

When I saw Jason Biggs, I didn't expect much but he wasn't too bad in here. Sure, the movie itself is based upon a book I suspect that is aimed at mocking the whole idea of transfer errors.

There, in Greenland is base Quarratanga [sp?] - pretty much somewhere where soldiers go 'cause they've screwed up too many times to simply useless. Up there, they load and unload cargo that flies there every once in a while.

When, set soldier [Biggs] accidentally walks into a terrible secret...then things start to get really interesting.

Sarcastic at times, gritty and possibly miserable at others. A bizarre film, no doubt...because you'd expect nothing to happen and yet it does.
½ December 23, 2008
This film probably would have been a lot better if it could make up it's mind as to exactly what it is: one minute it's trying to be Buffalo Soldiers, the next some Military thriller involving something that's never actually explained. And as the film doesn't take either of these seriously it fails on both accounts.
½ June 9, 2009
It was different that I had thought it would be with a little more serious parts. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was something special though, because it had some really slow parts.
December 1, 2009
I don't know what to say about this... The movie was all over the place... bunch of random events going on. I'm going to go wiki it now. Yeah, so it was based on a novel, and I was unable to find out if it was a true story (however, I don't think it is or else there'd be more written on wiki). Taht makes me even more disappointed in the movie. haha.
August 22, 2009
A Very Believable Movie.
You are not quite sure what corner that it will take, but i love the inline story.
August 20, 2008
A slow movie with stereotyped characters of all sorts and the odd guy out who makes the best of things and tries to make a difference. Its a mildly lovable movie, but ultimately slow and storylines are sewn together roughly making an awkward patchwork of plot and nonsense. Biggs and Ironside together on screen were the best bits in an otherwise unflattering movie.
November 15, 2006
I like Jason Biggs, but this piss poor excuse of a movie knocks down any respect I have for him. It's going to take a monster of a movie from him to get any sort of street credit back.
This movie doesn't know what kind of movie it wants be. Is it a comedy? Is it sci-fi? Is it a drama? Whatever it is, it's lame.
This might be due to all the different companies that were involved in the development and distribution of the film, I swear there are at least six company logos thrown up at the beginning before this bore of a film starts.

DVD WORTHY:
This movie isn't even worth watching let alone owning.

BLU-RAY (Hi-Def) WORTHY:
---
½ February 27, 2013
An odd mish-mash that fails at everything. Not a Biggs fan. Tries to be profound, and succeeds at going nowhere.
½ February 13, 2013
Guy X directed by Saul Metzstein. It is based on the novel No One Thinks Of Greenland by John Griesemer. Starring Jason Biggs, Natascha McElhone. Set after the Vietnam War in 1979; Rudy (Jason) is a soldier mistakenly sent to a US Army Medical Corps base in the Arctic instead of his official base in Hawaii. While there, he feels dejected and lonely, however soon compromises with the situation and ultimately finds out that underneath the base a classified hospital ward, where the commanding officer, Col. Woolwrap has kept soldiers with incurable wounds that he led to secret mission during Vietnam War.

Tragically big mishap. Continuous saga of yawns and glimpses of time-piece and ultimately the credits roll. Jason, my boy, alas!
½ June 22, 2012
Natascha McElhone falling for Jason Biggs?? Yeah, that's all i need to say
December 14, 2011
I actually liked this movie as weird as it is
April 27, 2010
This has got to be the worst or worst ever Jason Biggs film ever, go back to American Pie.
April 27, 2010
A fairly decent black comedic drama. Jason Biggs makes a succesfull transformation from comedy to drama. Worth watching.
½ April 27, 2010
Guy X was a very slow paced film. The film is comparable to Jarhead. Of course my expectations were much higher for Jarhead than this film. While Jarhead had an extraordinary first half, the second half dragged. Guy X, on the other hand, is strictly okay through out. The story is something different and the humour is dark. Jason Biggs puts foward a great performance and Natascha McElhone is good too. The film sets a good mood but nothing in the film really stands out. Once the film is over, it does leave you thinking but its a little to late by then to recommend the film.
½ April 27, 2010
I was completely bored by this movie. I gave it a good try though. When my mind wandered, which was frequent, I would rewind it back to the last point I remembered, only to keep feeling detachment from the film. I didn't care about the characters, nor what happened in the film. I just wanted it to be over. The photography, editing and all that is fine, but that is all that is decent about the movie.
½ April 27, 2010
Kudos to Jason Biggs (or his agent) for getting him this role. It's definitely a step in the right direction (but he hasn't gotten there, yet.) Guy X had promising features, but the director could never really grasp his vision for this film. If he did, I'm sure it would have been more of a success. Blame limited budget, or limited Set Designers, but Guy X would go from stylized to every day settings without alerting the audience member that it was intentional.