The Guyver

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Guyver Reviews

Anthony L

July 19, 2013
Hardcore Guyver fans may disagree but I loved this version. Early 90's, low budget, Screaming Mad George directing, Brian Yuzna producing, Mark Hamill, Michael Berryman, Jeffrey Combs....what's not to love? Some things shouldn't be taken so seriously, this is one of those things.
Al S

March 18, 2013
When i was younger i remember loving this film, it was cool, had great effects and was loaded with great action and fun from start to finish. Today? you it still kinda does as cheesy and dumb way that still makes for decent fun if you like monster movie chaos, cheap thrills and bad one liners.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
Mark Hamill stars in another interesting sci-fi movie. Nowhere near as good as Star Wars, of course, but it's a sort of sci-fi horror action movie from Asia. I really should re-watch it, I liked it.
Lafe F

August 17, 2007
Silly non-spectacular superhero movie.
deano
deano

March 22, 2007
Outrageous special effects and tongue-in-cheek humour make this action-adventure film worthy of continuation based on a Japanese comic book superhero. The suit style looks fantastic as the following comic book.
Jason S

February 27, 2007
Good action but the box cover is a little misleading. Mark Hamil doesn't play the Guyver.
February 16, 2010
Watched this movie as I ate breakfast this morning, and it reminded me of being a child watching the Power Rangers... and yet this movie, in the hands of George Wang and producer Yuzna... was not for kids, but still felt like Power Rangers. The effects, were amazing, but the movie did not take itself seriously,Congratulations for creating such a perfect balence of humor and seriousness and monsters. Hamil was awesome, as well as Jeffery Combs (herbert west from reanimator) and Michael Barryman from Hills Have Eyes. A+ cult movie, perfect movie for before school or work and a stack of waffles!
October 14, 2008
I raved about how great this movie was to some friends. How the creatures were so scary and the action was great. So we watched it and then I realized that some movies do not age well at all. How embarassing.
February 23, 2008
One of my favorite movies as a kid. I wanted to be The Guyver. The sequel was horrendous. But this was a sci-fi gem.
roruko
July 13, 2007
My God, I felt like I was dying when I watched this cornucopia of crappyness. Creature effects are good for the budget but the "acting" (if that's what it was) is horrible.
egotto
May 17, 2007
This is, by far, my favorite movie of all time!! I have only seen this movie twice, but I wanted to be the Guyver eversince I was 9 or 10.
turdhead
May 7, 2007
The Guyver is a pretty good movie but the acting could be better and it could have been a little darker like the manga.Otherwise the movie is fun to watch.
Ghanjaspawn
January 3, 2007
for chrissake, generally Mark Hamil lshould mean it should be good, but not the case. The Power Rangers movie was better than this crap.
mbzrs
September 14, 2006
Well written script, solid and emotive acticing, and just an all around outstanding production - NOT! O.K. Some points for the Guyver costume, but that's about it.
February 18, 2014
Absolutely horrendous. Why you should stick to the target market of the source material.
December 4, 2013
Guyver one and two are great movies, and for the times they were done, i feel it was up to par, maybe it was just to far fetched for the main audience, they really need to reboot it, come on paramount
September 11, 2013
A poor imitation of the anime. Still, at least the Joker is in it.
March 9, 2013
silly film based off a good manga.
March 1, 2013
An excellent stupid movie to laugh at because it makes no sense.