65% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Hackers Reviews

Jennifer X

April 20, 2012
Hackers is hi-LAR-ious because of the way it portrays the Internet. The hacking duels between Jonny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie are at once ridiculous and kinda sexy. A LOT of fun.
Apeneck F

October 16, 2011
Attempted glamorisation of New York teen hackers fighting corporate greed comes off as a bit too cheeky. All racial stereotypes are represented though ...
Michael G

October 6, 2006
I can objectively say that Hackers is a badly-dated, ridiculous piece of crap that's pure camp to anyone that's ever used a computer. BUT... I had fun watching it. Most of the characters were ridiculous and between Fisher Stevens' egotistical geek and Lorraine Bracco's Jewish mother impression in the last 15 minutes "Rabbit, Flu-Shot, someone talk to me!" I couldn't keep it together. At the same time, Angelina Jolie's Romulan look worked even if Matthew Lillard made me want to commit murder. Nothing serious or even good but Hackers is highly entertaining.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Quite a good film. Keeps you intrigued for the most part of the film.
James A

June 8, 2006
I like a movie that tries to make nerds look like extreme raver rebels. Or DO I!?
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

April 22, 2007
Fun at times, but boring at most.
Conner R

January 18, 2010
Such a bizarre and dated 90s movie, but that's where most of the fun comes from. It's just such an outlandish plot that it draws you in. I think the real intrigue of the movie lies in Angelina Jolie, who had such a memorable and unique character. I think everyone should at least see it once, it's sort of like a 90s TRON.
Eric S

November 7, 2009
A film I probably would never have watched, but happened to see enough of which caught my interest. And hey, I was curious to see Angie in her first big film role.
This film is geared towards a teen audience, but has elements most can identify with as computers have become such a big part of our lives these days. This film is from 1995, so that's around the time computer technology took another, bigger step for business and personal users.
Angelina Jolie's character portrayal of "Acid Burn" is quite different than her
work in films such as "Changeling", but it was interesting to see how she's evolved as an actress in the last fourteen years. Her natural ability has always been there, but she just got better with her craft.
The story is of a group of young "hackers" who discover a plot to unleash a dangerous computer virus which forces them to use their computer skills to find the evidence as they're pursued by the Secret Service, and the evil computer genius behind the virus. Not too interesting, but not too bad.
I'm recommending this film for people who appreciate Angelina. If you don't, there really isn't much here for you.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
I remember it being really cool at the time but it?s become quite dated now.
Jon L

March 7, 2009
Computer movies are really hard to make interesting while keeping them realistic. They did an okay job with this one.
Drew S

January 21, 2007
Uh, it would probably be shorter if I just listed what this movie did right.

What This Movie Did Right:
- Brief shot of Angelina Jolie's nipple.
Ken S

April 15, 2007
This is a 100% nostalgia pick. I remember I though this movie was so cool when it came out....

I make me sad
DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

October 13, 2007
Dumb but fun pseudo cyber-punk flick. Back in the days when Angelina Jolie still looked good, and not like a dry fruit.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
lame.
Keysha H

September 4, 2007
I absolutely love this film. And there are a few funny performances by Johnny Lee Miller and Matthew Lillard.
thmtsang
thmtsang

August 10, 2007
Movie about young computer hackers who hack into the wrong system. It's ok, in same vien as War Games, but War Games is better,
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 21, 2007
dull and dated
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
early jolie, she was great even back then, good flick
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Pretty good but it makes messing around on a computer much more glamorous than it really is.