Halloween III - Season of the Witch (1982)
Average Rating: 4.5/10
Reviews Counted: 18
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 12
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 2.3/5
User Ratings: 51,305
A terrified old man turns up in hospital, clutching a Halloween mask mass-produced by the Silver Shamrock Company, and screaming, "They are going to kill us!" When the man is then murdered in his hospital bed, and his killer calmly commits suicide, Dr Daniel Challis (Tom Atkins) starts to investigate the origin of the masks. This will bring him face to face with Conal Conhran (O'Herlihy) an insane toymaker with a horrifying plan to destroy the children of America...
Oct 22, 1982 Wide
Aug 31, 2004
MCA Universal Home Video
Watch It Now
Dr. Daniel Challis
Joshua John Miller
Latest News on Halloween III - Season of the Witch
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The end result is a bit of a mess but hugely enjoyable, and often (thanks to Dean Cundey's camerawork and John Carpenter's close supervision as producer) as striking visually as its predecessors.
This is one of those Identikit movies, assembled out of familiar parts from other, better movies.
It's no wonder they gave up after this, and brought back Michael Myers.
Halloween III, while not a complete success, at least offers something different from the norm.
Halloween III: Season of the Witch might have been hated back in the day, but it simply doesn't deserve the anger and animosity nowadays.
There are more than enough giant logic holes, stilted characters and idiotic developments to make sure that it is bad for reasons transcending its simple poorness as a sequel
Has little connection with first two "Halloweens," including true terror.
Though the film certainly isn't awful, the filmmakers couldn't decide on their focus.
Were it not for the middle 30 minutes, which take approximately 73,000 hours to watch, forgetting it would be easy.
Very peculiar variant on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Connected to the Halloween series in name only.
Points for trying something new, but the results are more laughable than terrifying.
Audience Reviews for Halloween III - Season of the Witch
Movies Like Halloween III - Season of the Witch
- Conal Cochran: Oh and, Happy Halloween.
- Conal Cochran: I do love a good joke and this is the best ever: a joke on the children.
- Conal Cochran: You know what you really need to see is a demonstration and there's one coming right up.
- Dr. Daniel Challis: You haven't know, is there a vacancy here in this motel? My wife and I need a place to stay.
- Rafferty: You've come to the right place. It's cozy, it's quiet, and the price is right.
- Betty Kupfer: I think this whole thing is a big joke. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
- Dr. Daniel Challis: (on the phone) The third channel, it's still on. Please, take off the third channel. The third channel, it's still running. Stop it, please, for God's sake, please stop it. There's no more time! Please stop it. Stop it now. Turn it off! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!
Discuss Halloween III - Season of the Witch on our Movie forum!