Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

½ November 1, 2011
Certainly better than some of the awful films this series has produced along the way, but still a kick in the face to everything Carpenter was trying to accomplish with the original. This time we have the director of Halloween II back at the helm (Rick Rosenthal, the first person to tarnish the series with the first sequel) and even though it doesn't feel as amateurishly made as some of the others, it still doesn't come close to the tense and atmospheric original. The characters are all incredibly dumb and the premise itself starts off intriguing (not the online crap, the real story with Laurie Strode), but lasts a total of 5 minutes and ends awkwardly. Not that I think this movie has the right to continue the story in the first place because the twist to keep the story going from H20 is stupid and annoying. I think Halloween, Halloween II (unfortunately), and H20 are the true story of the series. Although the original one is all I really care about honestly.
October 23, 2011
Freddie Harris: Michael Myers is a killer shark. In baggy ass overalls who gets his kicks from killing everyone and everything he comes across.

"Michael's work in Haddonfield is not done yet."

Not only is Halloween: Resurrection the second worst film in the franchise, and the worst one that actually has Michael Myers in it; but it also has the worst twist ever, to keep a franchise going. It is a joyless attempt at to make more money because of the moderate success of H2O. The cast is shit and the story is shit, which more than not makes the movie shit.

The movie starts off with that horrible twist I was talking about. Then we go to an insane asylum where Laurie Strode is now. Myers comes back and kills some people. Then we jump to Haddonfield University where three friends are cast in an Internet reality show. They, along with three others will spend a night in Michael Myers home, with cameras broadcasting it for the whole world to see. It that isn't bad enough, the leaders of this show are played by Busta Ryhmes and Tyra Fucking Banks. Horrible!

Good thing the movie doesn't even make it to the hour and a half mark because if it was any longer I would have had to put a bullet through my head. This is down there with slashers like Jason X. It is that bad.
½ November 2, 2010
Well this wasn't very fun at all. It's nowhere near as bad as Halloween 6.....but it sure can compete with Halloween 2. The beginning part with Jamie Lee Curtis was just stupid. And there was a lot of bad actors....especially Busta Rhymes...Although I have to admit...he did deliver the best quote of 2002.
½ June 8, 2010
Why even bother to make another Halloween film? To make more money, that's why. This is the worst sequel in the series since the third entry. It's totally pointless to have this sequel, H20 was a find ending chapter in the legendary series, but with this, they totally killed it. I mean, a bad script, bad acting, no scares, no tension, just a plainly, poorly stitched together cash cow of a film. The acting and story is pretty awful. Like I said, I don't know why they made this in the first place. The film was bound to be bad, and it is. At this point in the franchise, the producers were scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of ideas. They really didn't have anything good to craft. Halloween: Resurrection. Is one of the worst sequels in any horror series. A terrible plot, a bad script, with bad acting are the key ingredients for this sequels extreme mediocrity. Add to that, that Michael Myers was SUPPOSED to die for good in Halloween H20, what the hell is he doing back alive and killing?? As a diehard fan of the first film, I felt like this was beyond awful. I really thought that H20 was the perfect end to Michael Myers, the final showdown between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers was exhilarating. But this, this is a stupid film designed to make more money. A plotless mess of a film. This makes an Uwe Boll film great by comparison. Halloween: Resurrection should've never seen the light of day, this is a sequel that every Halloween fan can do without. Avoid it.
½ June 9, 2006
This ruined the series for me. No wait, let me make that KILLED it for me. I thought 4, 5, and 6 were bad, but this is proof that you can do worse than those three films.
½ March 21, 2009
OOooh sweet! look at all those great actors! Tyra Banks!... lets see who else.. Busta Rhymes! well, thats hollywood for ya
July 1, 2007
The only Halloween movie I never seen in the theaters. People told me to stay away but I had to see "Resurrection". I had to see it, to see how the writers would get round the "oops, we decapitated him at the end of the last one...".... and to be nice it was hard to stop laughing. Michael Myers switched places with a Paramedic... I'd love to know where he keeps his spare masks? You'd think, that when the paramedic woke up in the van, he would have ripped his mask off, so Laurie would know that she had the wrong guy? Oh no... but thats me being picky again I guess.

And thus, is the beginning of a truly terrible addition to an otherwise successful franchise. We finally get closure between Laurie and Michael right at the beginning... but after all Laurie has been through, I didn't think she would be stupid enough to double check she had the right guy, especially when he was stalking her with a knife anyway..

Weak direction. Weak script. Weak cast. Busta Rhymes is obnoxious as Freddie Price, an entrepreneur of an internet web cast called Dangertainment, who selects 6 high school clichés to spend a night in Myers childhood home. OF course, Myers crashes the party, and offs people in a way that doesn't go with the Halloween movies. In earlier movies, the violence and the gore was kept to our imagination. We would see the events leading to it, the flash of a knife, and then we would imagine the rest. "Resurrection" has blood and gore like there's no tomorrow, and it felt like I was watching some tacked on slasher movie, not one of the many sequels to Halloween.

The Halloween movies were a rare franchise, that was intelligent, and always had the ability to shock, and entertain. The first movie sets the standards for all horror/slasher films and I thought with the director of Halloween 2 ( a good sequel) back this should be at least decent. How wrong I was.

I almost feel ashamed for watching it all the way to the end. Saying that, I will watch it again. It's Halloween after all, and every movie franchise has a bad turkey (Attack Of The Clones, Friday the 13th part 8. Hellraiser 4) Its just to bad that this seems to be the end of the old school Michael Myers. Not a fitting way for it to end
½ June 5, 2007
Busta Rhymes? Tyra Banks? And shame on you Jamie Lee, Laurie's character should never had appeared in this turgid flop. Once again, the Akkads prove that they have no idea what they're doing.
August 26, 2007
Busta Rhymes? Seriously
½ August 6, 2007
No Halloween Resurrection is not the best one in the series. However it is not the worst. In my opinion Halloween I, II, 4, and H2O are better. And 3, 5, and 6 are worse. But this actually as a good plot with the whole spending the night in his house. And it has some familiar faces: Tyra Banks, Busta Rhymes, and Sean William Scott and I can't believe they have this many African Americans in a horror film. Plus I also liked the girl I think looked like Gwen Stefani. I was happy to see Jamie Lee again, she's always good. And I was absolutely shocked at the beginning, I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it. The only thing I disliked was the guy who played Michael Meyers, he wasn't too good. So why do people always act like this is the worst one? It has a lot of chilling moments and good pop outs as well as chase scenes.
July 5, 2007
Halloween H20 had a perfect ending! Why did they make Michael survive? More cash for the Halloween franchise I suppose. They brought him back with the lamest explanation too.

Anyways, I liked Halloween Ressurrection. Good thing it was made. It captured the Halloween feel from the original, which many sequels did not manage to do.

We start with the boogeyman Michael Myers hunting down the babysitter from Halloween #1 Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis). She went mental after the ordeal of Halloween H20 and is locked in a mental ward. Michael finds her in a suspenseful sequence, and ends the scream queen's reign; I don't think she'll be back.

Onto the present: a media outfit called Danger-tainment (run by the rapper actor Busta Rhymes) has the smart idea to do a Halloween-Night webcast reality show from inside the abandoned Michael Meyers house from Halloween #1. A group of kids are picked, and the terror begins. There are cameras mounted in every room. People can watch the horror unfolding. For some reason, Michael Meyers decides to return home, and gives the kids a run for their lives; they are locked in until morning! I don't remember the house being that big in the original, but this place is huge, complete with two floors of sprawling rooms, plus a basement and sub-tunnels underneath. When Michael starts making his kills, kids in other rooms don't realize. The death scenes are unique and realistic, including a shocking beheadding scene that rolls down the stairs.

It's all skillfully directed and edited, so there's never any confusion what is going on.

Kids at a distant Halloween party are watching the webcast and realize what is going on inside the house; so they start phoning the unfortunate ones on cellphones to warn them. It's cleverly done, as they talk the victims out of some potential dangers and try to pinpoint Michael's next move; making for some suspenseful sequences.

Busta Rhymes has an impressive battle with Michael at the finish. Michael gets it good.

The ending is corny, and opens the door for yet another Halloween sequel.

I really liked this one because it was spooky and got me in a Halloween mood.
June 3, 2007
Not scary at all and at times quite funny. Has all the usual stuff for a modern day slasher.
½ December 26, 2006
Come on! H20 had a nice, tidy little ending to the whole (admittedly grafted on in the sequels) brother/sister story. Why'd we have to go any further with it? Shame on you, Jamie Lee, for agreeing to this one.
December 28, 2006
Really really bad. Michael leaves Busta alive after Busta disses him.
½ November 30, 2006
Great to see the original Halloween star Jamie Lee Curtis returns again, but a bit disappointed that she finally got killed by her serial-killer brother. Then when a group of thrill-seeking teenage spend one fun-filled night in Michael Myers childhood home on live broadcast - it is like a horror-reality movie where Myers enter the party crash.
½ May 23, 2006
After all the good Halloween H20 did to bring back the series it is ironic that this segment is entitled Resurrection. It puts the series to death, with a stupid idea, and stupid twist to bring back Myers. Just damn stupid. Although it did make me chuckle.
October 28, 2013
There are some intriguing and provocative ideas in Halloween: Resurrection, but it doesn't really fit with the tone of the series. When a group of students are selected to participate in an investigation of the childhood home of Michael Myers (that's streamed live over the internet on Halloween), Myers shows up and gives them a surprise. The plot doesn't make a lot of sense and the characters are one-dimensional stereotypes. Yet, there's an interesting attempt to address some topical issues such as the culture of violence and the effects of mass media. Halloween: Resurrection is a departure from the series that tries to move beyond Myers's family vendetta, but it doesn't really work.
October 24, 2012
Let me point out something really quick: I NEVER watched the original Halloween movie in my life, hell I didn't even want to watch the remake UNTIL I saw the first one, & when I watched this on the Halloween marathon that began right after the Friday the 13th marathon, I was sitting through every agonizing minute of this torture. You'd expect someone who has never watched the first Halloween movie to like this, right? Wrong! This movie was HORRIBLE! And I mean HORRIBLE!! Say whatever you want about the sequels to the first Halloween movie or the remakes, but I am positive that they are nowhere near as bad as this trash. I actually thought this was a joke when I was watching only 10 minutes of it.

So in the end, you get Busta Rhymes killing Michael Myers. Do you need to know more?

And I finally watched the first Halloween movie when it aired on the Halloween marathon, & it was amazing! This movie is just Michael Myers' diarrhea in comparison.