New Hancock, Valkyrie Stills Online

Summary

The latest big-screen epics from Will Smith and Tom Cruise are still months away, but you can get sneak peeks at Hancock and Valkyrie right now. Back to Article

Comments

Gimy

Gimy Moo

hopefully Smith's flick won't be as deja vu-ish as Legend. sorry, i saw that movie twice before...Castaway and 28 Days Later. you combine both of those and thats Legend. decent flick but...just didn't work. about as boring as Castaway...but not as crisp or well written/acted as 28.

i think its ironic both these guys are listed in the same article, since Smith's people don't want him grouped in with Scientology at all....

Mar 31 - 06:20 AM

mouse_clicker

Eric Baker

Gimy: Have you ever even watched movies? I Am Legend, Castaway, and 28 Days Later are three completely different movies that tackle three completely different subjects. I Am Legend is about coping with being the last person alive on Earth, Castaway is partially about being unwillingly separated from society and partially about trying to reintegrate into society after having spent so long away, and 28 Days Later is about how society and governments would react to an absolutely devastating, nation-wide catastrophe. And Hancock isn't even close! It's about an alcoholic super hero that no one likes trying to get his life back in order. I'd suggest you pay attention to the movies you watch and talk about.

-Moses

Mar 31 - 01:50 PM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

I gotta say, I really DUG 'Legend.' Maybe because I expected it to be another sucky zombie movie, this time *featuring* with Will Smith. It was far better than I expected it to be, and It thought it was pretty tight.

I hold out a fair amount of hope for Hancock. I think Smith has very good comedic instincts and it looks like he got the cast and the crew to make this alright. I laughed at the whale-throwing bit in the commercial.

Jury's still out on Valkyrie- cool premise and I do genuinely think Cruise can act (and Singer can sure-as-sh#t direct), but I need to see more.

Mar 31 - 06:49 AM

Hamboner

Brian Lorenzen

I like this matchup. If Hancock outperforms Valkyrie, can we safely say that Will Smith is the better star? I already believe he is the better actor.

Mar 31 - 06:50 AM

Hamboner

Brian Lorenzen

The first Hancock still looks like it filmed in New Orleans... was it?

Mar 31 - 06:53 AM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

Hamboner, Big Willie has already surpassed Tom Cruise to become Hollywood's #1 star. Thanks to his couch-jumping and scientology antics, he couldn't even get MI:3 passed $140 million, which pissed of Paramount.

Whereas the fresh prince brought in $255 million for Legend all by himself.

Mar 31 - 07:56 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

I don't dispute your numbers, but it still kind of wigged me out that Cruise opened MI:3 at $50MIL on his name ALONE and it still ended up being counted a failure. I know, I know- it's all expectation. But still.. DAM#. I wish I could fail like that..

Mar 31 - 08:16 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

Mar 31 - 08:16 AM

Nerdo86

Nathan Velez

even if tom cruise is a whack job i still enjoy the majority of his movies greatly. But i do think Big Willie is the better of the two! The fresh prince can't be stopped!

Mar 31 - 08:17 AM

Paul777

Heidi Smith

Screw Hancock, bring on Valkyrie!

Mar 31 - 08:36 AM

donwillymo

Will Padin

The careers of these two are somewhat dwindling don't ya think. They're not as exciting and will smith is just getting annoying with the whole alien/superhero/summer blockbuster gimmick thing. He should stick with the branching out movies like Ali and pursuit of happyness flicks. You know the real movies not the fake CG sh't that comes out like every 10 minutes.

Mar 31 - 09:06 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

not that i have many expectations for hancock one way or the other, but i think what makes smith the biggest star in hollywood is his ability to do drama, comedy and action (in this case a combination of the last two) equally well.

the guy gets nominated for oscars, makes huge money on a rom-com like 'hitch' and can still hold down an entire holiday weekend (and make it last for a month, a la 'legend') all by himself. I think he's figured out his balance and is therefore able to appeal to most everyone on some level (even musically for some people...)

chalk up another mega-hit come ID4 weekend.

Mar 31 - 12:16 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I always thought a Valkyrie was a female viking warrior. . .

Mar 31 - 09:54 AM

donwillymo

Will Padin

yeah me too tomwaitsjr but what the hell do I know, I thought the Ralph Fiennes/Uma Thurman Avengers movie was going to be the other Avengers from the Marvel comic book with Captain America and Thor. Boy was that a waste of 8 bucks.

Mar 31 - 11:00 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

LOL! Now that's funny.

Mar 31 - 11:17 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

LOL! Now that's funny.

Mar 31 - 11:17 AM

Drunken Mastermind

John Doe

I can't really see Valkyrie, doing that well. That said, I'd like to see Cruise's star shine gain. He's a great actor(even though is a nutcase).

Hancock is going to be HUGE. If a zombie movie with just Smith did that well, just imagine what a superhero movie(which normally destroys at the BO) starring Will Smith and other people will do!

Mar 31 - 11:41 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

chalk up another mega-hit come ID4 weekend.

Mar 31 - 12:16 PM

JBrick2334

Jordan Bricker

Will Smith is clearly the biggest star in hollywood right now and rightfully so, he's up there on my favorite actors list and has a movie on my favorite movies list, in my book that makes him a great actor.

Mar 31 - 12:49 PM

donwillymo

Will Padin

Not only is he the biggest star but often times gets jiggy with it, yes.

Mar 31 - 01:28 PM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

MI3 didn't open just on Cruise's name alone, it was a sequel to two huge movies which came from a big TV show. I'd say it opened that well in spite of Cruise. I don't expect much more out of Cruise other than maybe sequels to earlier hits - the public is sick of his antics.

And Smith's career isn't going anywhere, pretty much everything he has done has been just enormous. He's arguably the only star who can guarantee a blockbuster any more.

Mar 31 - 01:29 PM

mouse_clicker

Eric Baker

-Moses

Mar 31 - 01:50 PM

Siler_117

Justin Siler

cruise is a good actor, no doubt, but why off the camera is he "almost" a raving lunatic?! Will Smith however...Vote Will for President!!

Mar 31 - 03:00 PM

Y4USay

Richard Millington

Will Smith Great Actor. Tome Cruise also great! Make me believe in Scientology. L Ron for life!

Mar 31 - 04:25 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies