Trailer(s) Bulletin: Hancock and The Happening

Take another peek at the latest from Big Willie and M. Night.

New trailers for two of the summer's biggest releases hit the Web this week. You don't want to be the last one on your block to see them, do you?

First up is Hancock, the Peter Berg-directed superhero dramedy starring Will Smith as a "hero" whose disregard for his civic responsibility has earned him the enmity of the folks he's supposed to be protecting. Enter a PR consultant played by Jason Bateman, who devises a plan to get Hancock back in the public's good graces. Of course, given that Bateman's wife is played by Charlize Theron, things are bound to get complicated, right?

To have a look at the new Hancock trailer -- and to visit the expanded official site -- follow the links below!

Not to be outdone, M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening got in on the new-trailer action, unleashing another two-plus minutes of footage from the Mark Wahlberg/Zooey Deschanel-led thriller about a...well, nobody really knows, actually, which is exactly what we've come to expect from Mr. Shyamalan. (The wonderfully succinct synopsis describes it as a "thriller about a father who tries to escape with his family after an apocalyptic event."

There you have it, folks -- and here are your links. Click away!

Source: Yahoo! Movies (Hancock trailer)
Source: MSN Video (The Happening trailer)
Source: Hancock official site

Comments

JHolmes17

Jonathan Holmes

Hancock looks surprisingly good.
And I still think M. Night's The Happening is going to a surprise hit this summer.

May 2 - 04:29 PM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

Excuse me for asking this but whats your first name?

May 3 - 08:34 AM

John Z. Delorean

John Street

I was definitely wanting to hate on Wil and Hancock but besides the horrible CG when he's flying it doesn't look half bad. The Happening is gonna happen without me, M. Night's got something to prove before I put money on him anymore.

May 2 - 05:27 PM

u1sart

johann hart

Really i think i am gonna c Hancock... its seems originally funny yet has a great momentum to it... should be great!!!

May 2 - 05:31 PM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

Excuse me for asking this but whats your first name?

May 3 - 08:34 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

The Happening looks pretty bad *** in my opinion, I think it will be better than his last couple, I'm deffenitly there.

May 3 - 08:42 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

It's almost impossible not to be better than unbreakable, village, stupid lady in lake movie.

and as he describes in other interviews how "genius" he thinks he is by having action people in "dramatic roles." Sorry, wanker, but Walberg broke out as an actual actor in BOOGIE NIGHTS a long long time ago.

M NIGHT, in newsweek before SIGNS was released, compared himself as the equal to Steven Spielberg. All he did was praise himself.

I hate the guy. A lot. So I hope for his movies to fail, and his surprise endings to become more and more obvious. He'll surprise us by not having a surprise ending, and just say he invented that too, it's his genius.

The happening looks to suck in amazing ways. I'd rather see POSTAL.

May 5 - 05:16 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I agree tomwaitsjr that he is way to into himself but your an idiot if you want to see Postal more than The Happening, and Unbreakable was a masterpiece.

May 6 - 08:58 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus