65% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Reviews

movieguru12
movieguru12

July 4, 2009
The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. That is very true in this nail-biting, on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller. Excellent acting by Rebecca De Mornay, and Annabella Sciorra who I had not heard of until I watched this movie. Absolutely a great movie! You'll honestly enjoy this movie if your into thriller movies like I am. Rent it!!!! :)
DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

June 4, 2010
Fucking stupid movie that my local tv channel used to run almost daily.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

December 24, 2007
Disturbing.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
Not a great thriller. It was really overhyped at the time!
Drew S

January 22, 2007
hahahahahahaha
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Excellent thriller about a nanny who is out to get revenge on a family who ruined her family. Rebecca is very scarey,
Dean !

April 29, 2007
A brilliant thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat!
Jason S

February 4, 2007
A creepy little movie. I liked it but there wasn't anything happy going on in the whole thing.
deano
deano

November 20, 2006
The Nanny from Hell! De Mornay is superb as the virginal-looking incarnation of evil, rightfully getting her big break after years of second-string roles.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

December 31, 2009
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is a very well made psychological thriller that will make you think twice about hiring a nanny for your kids. Rebecca De Mornay's is an over the edge psycho who wants to get revenge on one family because of a miscarriage she suffered over the fact that her doctor husband was accused and found guilty of sexually foundling his own patients. Her portrayal as the devious and calculating nanny with issues was convincing. She is truly chilling as the sinister Peyton who plans to get rid of the wife and take over her husband and children. Anneballa Sciorra also does a good job as the mother. A must see for those who love thrillers and suspense movies.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

September 6, 2012
The smash success of Fatal Attraction ushered in a new era of thrillers starring demented and dangerous women. Among the best followers along with Single White Female is this effectively disturbing "nanny from hell" story.
Sylvester K

October 27, 2011
Great suspense and scary scenes. Make sure you choose the nanny wisely
weelee18
weelee18

October 21, 2007
Rebecca DeMornay gives the best performance in the film and who is truly convincing as Peyton, the newly widowed wife who takes it upon herself to manipulate her way into a family.. Annabella Sciorra gave a great performances as the asthmatic housewife. This is one of the best psychotic thrillers I have ever seen. It started out really good, and ended great, it has an interesting storyline and some spectacularly sinister moments. Curtis Hanson has made an excellent, sharp thriller. I would highly recommend watching this movie and would encourage anyone who is interested in dramas to see this film and I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!..
Marcus W

October 30, 2007
A cheap reviewer could label this as a "feminine Cape Fear", and they wouldn't be miles from the truth - it's certainly better than Scorcese's version. What this film ultimately proves is that when it comes to revenge, women are more devious, subtle, and patient than men.
Marion R

December 27, 2008
Okay, this movie you can find on Saturday afternoon on the lifetime channel.
Nathan L

June 30, 2008
A suspenseful 90's movie.
Lee K

June 26, 2008
Pretty good little psycho chick thriller, one of the better movies i saw in the early 90's, rebecca demornay was brilliant in the role.
Sarah P

October 20, 2007
A great, overly dramatic thriller - a guilty pleasure.
DrLappos
DrLappos

July 15, 2007
De Mornay is a brilliant baddie. Great film.
August 9, 2014
Straight from the paranoid 1990s comes this over the top dreck. It is not good but it has a certain demented charm.