How can this religious-hate-movie even have been made?

I am a Wiccan, and I can't believe something like this movie could even come out. I was shocked to read the quote on this website at Rotten Tomatoes where Hansel says, "Some people will say that not all witches are evil. That they're powers could be used for good. I say BURN THEM ALL!" Just insert the name of your religion in place of "witches", and you'll understand what I am saying. There's enough religious hatred in this country, we don't need more of it. If you have any doubts about seeing this movie, just see something else instead, please.
Cernowain Greenman
01-13-2013 08:25 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

I agree this movie should have never been made

Sep 10 - 01:51 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

I hate it when people randomly say that a movie is offensive and hating on religion. I understand the controversy around movies like Life of Brian and The Passion of Christ but this is about for witch hunters for fucks sake!

Aug 26 - 01:37 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Butthurt Wiccans... butthurt Wiccans everywhere...

Aug 3 - 12:40 PM

Dawn Havard

Dawn Havard

The comment was stated by Hansel early in the film BEFORE he found that there were good witches SPOILER (his mother was one). Obviously this person did NOT see the film before commenting. I liked the film. It was nicely done. Decent acting. Not a bad plot. Good CGI. Nothing special but a good popcorn film.

Jul 11 - 05:56 AM

Michael Mora

Michael Mora

It's really easy to be against organized Religion.

Jul 5 - 10:57 PM

David Wolf

David Wolf

It's just a really bad film that tries to trade in on its predecessors that have fleshed out other fairy tales for adult audiences. The problem is that the backstory for the witches is missing apart from its many other flaws. Had they stuck with less cartoonish witches and had H&G searching for psychopaths performing human sacrifices while saving innocent midwives from ignorant mobs it could have been good. Unfortunately it didn't do anything creative whatsoever.

Jun 19 - 03:41 AM

SE

S E

It's a movie. Grow up kid

Jun 16 - 10:06 PM

Maria Shavzin

Maria Shavzin

Isn't that the point? Gretel and Hansel learn that they were wrong. In fact it turns out that they are themselves white witches. Besides which I am quite familiar with Wicca, and Wiccans are NOT necessarily Witches. They are separate philosophies. Also; Wicca states very clearly that harming others is forbidden. It very much discusses that there is such a thing as evil action, and that it is not in keeping with the Rede. This film does not insult Wiccans, or even Witches.

Jun 16 - 05:04 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

What the fuck did I just read?

Jun 11 - 07:01 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

The ramblings of a dimwit.

Jun 12 - 09:49 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Indeed.

Jun 13 - 06:50 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Die you wizard son of a bitch. Who's your grandpa? Gandalf?
Is your uncle Voldemort? lolololol

Jun 10 - 01:12 PM

Joseph  E.

Joseph Enoch

Are you retarded?

Jun 10 - 08:42 AM

Johan Kasselman

Johan Kasselman

The movies witches reminded me a bit of the witches in the Stardust movie plot - to obtain a heart of a purist to obtain eternal life. The movie could have had its own different plot in my point of view, but i enjoyed it and would like to watch it again. Special effects just AWESOME!

Mar 19 - 06:25 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

too bad... its already made

Mar 18 - 09:01 AM

Nate Hamon

Nate Hamon

Have you actually seen the movie? Your comments indicate that you haven't. I don't want to include a spoiler here but if you watched the whole movie you'd find that your comments are unjustified.

Mar 1 - 09:11 PM

Josh Button

Josh Button

Exactly

Mar 8 - 11:25 AM

Travis Webb

Travis Webb

ya, you should go see it before you post. It was just a cute pulp movie kinda fun if you need an excuse to buy candy and chill in the theater.

Mar 28 - 10:44 PM

Ben Millward

Ben Millward

you should be worried. just look at the life of brian that almost destroyed christianity

Feb 28 - 07:15 PM

Ste McDonald

Ste McDonald

What are your thoughts on Grotbags?

Feb 20 - 11:23 AM

Maria Shavzin

Maria Shavzin

LOL!!!

Jun 16 - 05:05 PM

James Hopkins

James Hopkins

The name is as unsavory as the petty plot.

Feb 17 - 06:14 PM

Will Gross

Will Gross

I mean, did the title not allude to the plot?

Feb 15 - 09:14 AM

Christine Connallon

Christine Connallon

Exactly!

Feb 19 - 02:05 PM

Youssef Abouza

Youssef Abouza

Watch movie Hansel & Gretel Get Baked (2013) en streaming online free dvd
http://aflamovie.com/movies/1862-watch-movie-hansel-gretel-get-baked-2013-en-streaming-online-free-dvd.html

Feb 14 - 05:46 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

man up! this is just a frigging movie with awesome action! why did u even watch it then you freak!i watched this movie and I kinda liked it 3.5 out of 5 stars ! nothing hurting religions if u fell so then fuck off!

Feb 13 - 10:34 PM

Lucy Willow

Lucy Willow

above poster has a point. Wicca is a recognised religion. its followers also have rights, and surely one of those is not to have to hear cinema quotes 'burn them all' remember that in medieval times, many people were burnt because their neighbours didnt like them, not because they worshipped the black arts. a most abhorrent film. which my money wont be wasted on watching

Feb 13 - 12:54 PM

Maria Shavzin

Maria Shavzin

Having films censored of anything any religion may not want to hear is NOT a right under the Constitution, far from it.

Jun 16 - 05:06 PM

Dennis Birch

Dennis Birch

poor little wicken gets butt hurt................lol

Feb 11 - 10:15 AM

David Griffin

David Griffin

Nobody in this country gives a crap about religion anymore except as a way to make other people look stupid and mean, or cast them as enemies to their own worldview(aka religion). As proof I offer Rick New...

Feb 10 - 12:31 PM

Michael Mora

Michael Mora

I agree David.

Jul 5 - 10:59 PM

Rick New

Rick New

If you believe the earth is 6K years old and that we lived with dinosaurs, you are a complete and utter moron. Isn't it funny how for THOUSANDS of years people believed in other gods like Thor or Zeus. Where was the old insecure white god when all of this was goin on? Why did he only decide to "tell" the world just 2K years ago? You morons live in a bubble of ignorance.

Feb 7 - 03:36 PM

David Griffin

David Griffin

And here is yet another person who proposes to be an professor of history and world knowledge who, by their comments, actually knows nothing about the subject they intend to lecture on. Hey, why don't you post the "real" history of the US next? I am sure some of us would LOVE to know the real truth as known only by the enlightened Rick

Feb 10 - 12:33 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

just shut up guys!

Feb 13 - 10:34 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

there were 120,000 prophets

Feb 14 - 01:07 PM

Roman Kostenko

Roman Kostenko

:) wiccan :) It sounds funny. Hardly I can imagine burning of witches in the USA. The birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan. The black president. So, do not afraid, nobody will hurt you. :)))

Feb 6 - 12:39 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Uh, what?

Jul 2 - 04:05 AM

Evan M.

Evan Murley-Steeves

Haha Stupidest argument ever, its a movie.. ITS FAKE get over it.

Feb 1 - 06:15 PM

Jamie Lewis

Jamie Lewis

Dude, I'm Wiccan myself and I loved this movie, cause it's just that a movie. No one who really cares pays attention to the those lines nor should they. Don't over think, just enjoy.

Jan 28 - 04:38 PM

David Griffin

David Griffin

thank you for some common sense

Feb 10 - 12:34 PM

Rhett Cochran

Rhett Cochran

Why don't you cast a spell or something. Oh right. You can't. Because witchcraft isn't a real thing.

Jan 28 - 07:00 AM

Andrew Fuerst

Andrew Fuerst

FOR the love of fuck its a movie about hansel and gretel killing witches with machine guns, shotguns, and other modern weapons that did not exist in that time period. This is like if someone got offended at the movie killer clowns from outer space because it makes clowns look bad.

Jan 27 - 09:55 PM

Peggy Stewart

Peggy Stewart

My daughter is Wiccan and I lean that way. Yes, they kill witches. Yes, Hansel stated that dead old saw, "The only good witch is a dead witch." BUT, if you bothered to see or learn about the movie, you would notice that: 1. THEY turn out to be white witches themselves, and: 2. They LEARN that there are good witches in the world. They'd both have died without their mother and Mina helping them. So would have the children and Edward--and a whole lot of people besides. Cut them some slack, Wiccans. Don't you WANT people to learn the truth about witches who believe in the threefold rule and in "An it harm none, do as you will."?

Jan 27 - 09:05 PM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Frankly, I am astounded that the comments below have been made by adult members of society. Religion is not the root of all evil. And I'm going to my opinion at that, because the real problem is the small minded bigotry that is found on this thread.
How can you consider yourselves as adults worthy of being a role model to my generation when you blatantly deface and attack each other in such a manner.
You want to know why the world is so messed up? Because each generation listens to the one that comes before it. You're hatred, bigotry, and obvious ignorance are giving some of the worst examples for my generation. You should all be ashamed of the way you act.
As a personal view, I'm Christian. But I live peacefully with Catholics, Lutherans, Jehovahs Witness, and some Voodoo followers. Religion is part of life, and is the root of kindness.

Jan 27 - 11:10 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Mae, you make a good point, but that's not the problem at hand here. What pisses people off about this thread is that not only is the guy taking offense at a clearly silly and unassuming movie, but he also wants to censor people's viewing of it. It's the unnecessary imposition of one's religious beliefs on others that causes people to get angry, not the religion itself.

And (speaking for myself now), I don't believe religion is the 'root of all kindness'. It's actually responsible for more deaths throughout history than anything else. Countless genocides, wars, crusades, fatwas, exoduses, holocausts, and yes, witch hunts, have tallied up to millions of absolutely unnecessary deaths across the globe. If people could find a way to live in harmony with other religions, then I'd be perfectly fine with it. But while there are still people out there 'killing the infidels' and trying to convert others to their beliefs because 'the prophet said so', count me out.

Also, *your*.

Jan 27 - 04:05 PM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Obviously, nothing will change your mind on religion, so I'll leave it at this; have you read the Bible? The Koran, maybe? Jewish scriptures? Try it-become more informed, please.
The point I really wanted to make was that you have turned this movie review thread into an arena to hurl insults, ignorance, and predujice at each other.
Grow up and start acting your age, people. All I see on this thread is a misguided topic, offensive language, and hatred. It's a wonder society functions with adults who act like this. If you don't like it, just ignore it.
But seriously, this is a highschooler, telling all you adults- I shouldn't need to make these statements, you all should have ignored this long before now.
So, take a hint, and act your age.

Jan 27 - 06:46 PM

Chase The Lost

Funny you tell him to act his age after you get all offended when he tells you the truth. You believe a senior citizen in the sky created the entire universe in 7 days. You believe a schizophrenic prophet walked on water, raised the dead, died, rose from the dead, and ascended into the sky in front of people who only have any credibility from a religious book. You ignore history books. You ignore science. And yet, you tell Diego to grow up and act his age. Unbelievable.

Jan 28 - 08:56 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

I'm not offended. I'm at a loss at what you all are trying to prove. The evidence I have given to support a creationist world view is below under Christopher Walkins comments. I really don't need to get into a religious debate, but unfortunately many of the people here don't have their facts straight. And many more confuse or mesh different religions/religious customs to prove their point.
What I'm saying is that there is proof for all of what transpired in the Bible. Also, the 66 books of the Bible were written by 40 different authors over a course of 1600 years on three different continents, and they all agree perfectly.
Do you refute the fact that Jesus of Nazrath ever lived? Or that he died? Or is the resurrection what you cannot believe?
I cannot offer proof until I know what you find unable to believe.
I don't refute history. I don't refute science-evolution excluded, when even NASA scientists state divine intervention was at work in the creation of the universe.

Jan 28 - 10:38 AM

Chase The Lost

There is historical evidence that a Jesus of Nazareth existed, yes. But there is no proof of his suggested "miracles" that occurred. Look, believe it or not, I'm really not a hateful person nor am I an advocate of ridiculing the faiths of others. I apologize for my remarks to you because truthfully, my comments to you are out of character for me. I could discuss religion for hours and hours and you're right: I don't need to be involved in a religious altercation either. What sparked my anger was your judging the maturity of all of us based upon our disagreements when you, yourself, presented your own side to the argument and are guilty of ridicule like the rest of us. Although, you were more passive than most of us and there are a few individuals in this thread who do give atheism a bad name.

Jan 28 - 10:49 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

I thank you for the apology. Everyone gets upset when personal beliefs are questioned.
I in turn know many atheist who I can have long, involved conversations on faith with and still part as friends.
What I disagreed with in this thread is people not having all their facts straight and using obscene language to belittle others. In no way am I condemning everyone on this thread, but there are several whose actions show great immaturity.
If I seem a bit immature myself, well, I apologize for that. Religion is a source close to my heart and it angers me to see other malign it on accident or on purpose.
On the topic of religion, creation, and atheisim, we can agree to disagree. Thank you for your contributions and views. I will certainly look into genocides-religious and otherwise.

Jan 28 - 11:06 AM

Chase The Lost

There are some people in this thread who would prefer to spew profanities than discuss in an inteligent manner, no doubt about that. I now understand the reasoning behind your initial post and again, I apologize for my comments. We definitely will agree to disagree about faith and that's ok. I believe in "live and let live" so long as it's within reason. The two major exterminations that come to mind caused by religion are The Spanish Inquisition and even the Holocaust. There are many others but what would be the point of researching them and explaining them? You will believe what you believe and I don't really have the right to support arguments to disprove your faith. With that being said, Mae, stay true to yourself but be cautious and choose carefully what you say and choose properly the times to say it. Cheers.

Jan 28 - 12:23 PM

Rick New

Rick New

LOL! Pray Tell...where is this supposed "evidence" that Jesus actually existed? Your belief in fairytales is very hard to justify. I understand your inner conflict.

Feb 7 - 03:40 PM

Chase The Lost

I can't believe I'm replying to this. There is historical evidence that Jesus existed. However, there's no evidence that he was the son of God. Fucking moron.

Feb 17 - 02:01 PM

KentandHelen Johnson

KentandHelen Johnson

Diego. You are misled. Atheists killed more people than all deaths by religion in all of history. Communists killed 120m+ in the 20th century. They make religious zealots look like grade schoolers. Get real.

Jan 28 - 04:16 AM

Chase The Lost

False.

Jan 28 - 08:50 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Chase, can you please explain that and source it?

Jan 28 - 10:33 AM

Chase The Lost

Mae, I was only being snide. My false comment was directed to the notion that atheists have caused more religious deaths over the course of history. My sources are any historical reading you can find. Any of them. Name an event and I'll be able to source it because there are an obscene amount of tragedies to name.

Jan 28 - 10:51 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Christianity killed 150 million Indians in America alone.

Feb 7 - 03:44 PM

Dennis Birch

Dennis Birch

have u ever heard of the crusades kent...u are sooo wrong.....religion is murderous

Feb 11 - 10:25 AM

Lucy Willow

Lucy Willow

aside from that, witches dont kill anyone. they just worship nature and have respect for all life. if more people believed like that, the world would be a better place

Feb 13 - 12:57 PM

Andrew Fuerst

Andrew Fuerst

Mao I guess that can be the truth. Although your kind of sounding like the angry granpa that hates everything and wants everything to be like the 50's.

Jan 28 - 04:13 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Okay, okay... everybody hold on a minute here... First things first, I'm a teenager. So stop telling me to act my age. And no, you don't get to discount my opinions just because I'm young. I'm not a hoodie-wearing, Bieber-loving YOLOer with the cognitive capabilities of a kumquat. And second, really? You think there were more people killed by Atheists? I'm afraid it is you who are misled, good sir. True, Atheists may not be the model of moral purity, but the 120 million number you mentioned is A) A bit of an exaggeration, and B) Woefully overshadowed by the total religion-induced deaths throughout the course of human history.

Also, let me just say that I'm impressed with some of the comments on this thread, namely those by Mae and Chase-- it's not often that you get a coherent philosophical debate in the comments on Rotten Tomatoes.

I will say this in the defense of Atheists, however: Who is the better person, the man who does good deeds because he expects to be rewarded in the afterlife; or the man who does good deeds and doesn't need a reason?

Jan 28 - 04:25 PM

Ste McDonald

Ste McDonald

"You want to know why the world is so messed up? Because each generation listens to the one that comes before it."

Exactly the reason why religion is still blighting the human race

Feb 20 - 11:21 AM

Iveta Cherneva

Iveta Cherneva

I think quite the opposite: the movie is against witch-hunting in our society. And it is in no way about religion.

Jan 27 - 10:53 AM

Foster Glorch

Foster Glorch

It's a totaly silly ( yet fun ) movie , pull the broomstick out of your butt and mellow out .

Jan 27 - 12:09 AM

Robert Glasel

Robert Glasel

I laughed at the broomstick comment.

Jan 27 - 10:07 AM

Foster Glorch

Foster Glorch

Thanks Robert , I try to make my posts relate to the subject at hand :)

Jan 27 - 12:27 PM

Richard Rae

Richard Rae

Sorry, got to stop laughing. Is this film called "Hansel and Gretel- Wiccan Hunters?" I don't think so. Unless you fly on tree limbs, hurl spells, eat children, or turn dry and rotten externally, you don't have anything to worry about regarding this extremely entertaining movie.

Jan 26 - 07:04 PM

Jackson Eckert

Jackson Eckert

This thread should be deleted. RottenTomatoes, I hope you see this. These foolish, ignorant, and hateful people are the reason you guys disabled critic review comments. Please, for the sake of retaining hope in the human race, erase this thread.

Jan 26 - 03:51 PM

Chris Heaton

Chris Heaton

Agreed!

Jan 29 - 01:18 PM

rodycaz

Rodycaz V

Oh so you're a Wiccan and you feel offended by this film? NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. Good day.

Jan 26 - 03:13 PM

Lucy Willow

Lucy Willow

would you give a fk if a muslim or a jew was offended?

Feb 13 - 12:57 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Nope

Feb 15 - 06:10 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

I could care less about your being "offended" in regards to this movie. It looks like garbage regardless so I don't know why you are so worked up. Besides if you truly are a Wiccan and not just trolling than you should be used to films about evil witches and such. Way it is. Stick with Charmed, Buffy and the like with the "good" witches.

Jan 25 - 11:21 PM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

I stopped reading this at "Wiccan."

Jan 25 - 10:16 PM

The Fine Art Diner

The Fine Art Diner

I totally understand that the brides of Satan want political equality before God.

Jan 25 - 07:46 PM

Nick Manzo

Nick Manzo

this guy is trolling... and more to the actual point... I honestly don't think they were talking about Wiccans, but the classic fairy tale witch. Having said that, the movie still looks incredibly stupid, so hopefully no one will see it. And now... this joke: "What do you call a witch burned at the stake? Justice!"

She turned me into a newt!

Jan 25 - 12:57 PM

Mary Zorn

Mary Zorn

I prefer Dean Winchester's view on witches:
"I hate witches. They're always spewing their bodily fluids everywhere"

Jan 25 - 08:17 AM

Cory Stallworth

Cory Stallworth

The only good witch is a dead witch, what's that all about?

Jan 24 - 10:40 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

That said, people should def not watch this movie. Not because of the bullshit OP said, but just because it's terrible. The reviews I've seen of it, both in Russian (it came out last week there) and English, confirm my suspicions that it really is as awful as the trailers, and premise, would have you believe.

Jan 24 - 09:01 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I am pretty sure this guy is trolling. Everyone take a chill pill. People are so easily inflamed, it's funny. A wiccan, lol

Jan 24 - 08:59 PM

Troy Heesch

Troy Heesch

Yes, no one has ever made a movie painting a religion in a negative light. Take art as it is: a statement. Whether that statement is something you agree with, doesn't matter.

Jan 24 - 07:25 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

What?...

This is one of the reasons I rarely ever come to these forums [the stupid topics and the stupid comments].

Jan 24 - 04:46 PM

Robert Glasel

Robert Glasel

You know there are good witches in the film, right? Including (OMG SPOILERS) they mother, and Gretel too?

Jan 24 - 12:53 PM

Fred Barnett

Fred Barnett

"When you arouse the need in me. My heart says yes indeed in me.

Proceed with what you're lead in 'me to!
It's such an ancient pitch

but one I wouldn't switch
'Cause there's no nicer witch than you!"
We neeeeed more witches, Clyde.

Jan 24 - 09:46 AM

Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson

This thread is pointless because friday the movie is coming out whether you like it or not, its going to make money and they are already planning a sequel if it does well and I really hope it does.

Jan 24 - 06:48 AM

Chase The Lost

Christopher Walken, this one is for you. I don't have the time nor the patience to dissect everything wrong with what you said throughout this thread. I will only say that you clearly have no clue what you're talking about so please shut the hell up.

Jan 23 - 01:09 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Nope, I think I will comment on all your comments from now on.
You must be a hipster to have such butthurt at my generalizations.

Which one are you? Lumberjack hipster? Jacques Cousteau Hipster? Impractical skateboard hipster?

Or weird subculture for the sake weird irony hipster?

Jan 23 - 07:31 PM

Zachary Marsicano

Zachary Marsicano

Kneel before Zod, Chase...

Jan 23 - 07:53 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Actually at least Zod had a plan, he may be a fascist dictator but he had a clear plan. Not hypocritical bullshit shovelled by pussy liberal nanny state faggots on one side and backwards gun fucking anti-pot hypocrite fascist fucktard tea party righties on the other.

Jan 23 - 08:33 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

and if your qualm is with my generalization of each religion tell me where I am wrong:

Jews DO believe they are chosen by god

Sharia law is a legal excuse to violently oppress women

And Catholic missionaries travelled the world telling anyone not christian that they wouldn't get help unless they accepted Christ.

Oh an Mormons are the biggest retards of them all because they believe a guy who made up a bunch of shit to get laid and hated dancing for some reason and adopted his baloney.

They're all encouraged crutches to oppress and control scared confused people who refuse to come to the realization that this world is all we have and it is fucked up beyond belief because PEOPLE made it that way and even if there was a god the evidence would point to him being a real sick fuck.

So the people can run around like chickens with their heads cut off killing each other and electing moral fascists to feel like they are honouring god with I sit back shake my head, laugh and shop cabin's in the woods near an internet connection so I don't have to personally have dealings with any of them ever again because they all make life completely pointless with their shit.

Jan 23 - 08:31 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Furthermore the Jesus story was about NOT judging people and helping the meek and poor because it's right thing to do. So what is the first thing Christianity does? Judge people, tax them, build giant churches and a Vatican made of gold and give the poor and meek an ultimatum.

Fuck every religious person on this planet you are the biggest threat to peace and you are holding up the progress of humanity.

Signed,

Rationale and logic

Jan 23 - 08:41 PM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

I'm a Christian who is not Catholic or mormon. Don't blame the religion for the actions of hypocritical people.

Jan 24 - 05:33 AM

Chase The Lost

I'm an atheist, Christopher. Lol I've never seen anyone with so much hate. I don't have time to waste on you. Apparantly you do since you want to follow me around, you little weirdo.

Jan 24 - 07:16 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Travis, hypocrites RUN THE WORLD, how do I not blame religion which feeds it?

Chase, religion is the foundation of what oppresses people I will hate it until the day I day and draw strength from that hatred because it represents everything wrong with the world.

Jan 24 - 04:03 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

and Travis, the actions of non-catholics in Ireland and the majority of anti-gay marriage anti-pot policies of all but a few christian sects do nothing to rise one above the other.

Christianity has gone from persecuted to persecutors in 2000 years and learned NOTHING, you are the definition of hypocrisy. You soil Jesus' teachings giving money to your leaders and quote select convenient bible passages while ignoring others that contradict them.

You are the definition of selective morality for fascist ideals.

Jan 24 - 05:06 PM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

Lolol so apparently im a fascist for actually trying to do what ALL the scriptures tell me to do. I did nothing wrong by defending what I believe in because it was randomly and wrongly attacked. Especially since I specifically mention I do my best NOT to shoehorn my beliefs down anyone's throat.

Yet you are an obvious troll or incredibly stupid and I shouldn't waste my time with you because you just enacted Godwin's law by calling me a fascist.

Jan 24 - 08:51 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/13-things-the-bible-forbids_n_1327701.html

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have violated the bible

Jan 24 - 11:06 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

oh and do you specifically request that the barber not give you a bowl haircut, if not you're violating scripture. Ham sandwich you had that time? Going to hell now.

That gossip you engaged in that once time with your friend? We'll you're Satan's business now. That time you got mad at your parents? Yup you're worse than a rapist for that.

And don't forget working on Sunday and eating Seafood. If you indeed, as you say follow all of scripture, then you have never done these things that normal people do regularly and will go to hell with the gays, the rapists, the molesters and genocidal fascists dictators.

You're welcome.

Jan 24 - 11:17 PM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Where in the world do you get your sources? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've never read the Bible. For example, ham and seafood are old covenant, Christians can eat them.
You did nail the whole 'all sins are equal,' unfortunately you screwed up at the end. Wrongs can be forgiven if you ask. No human is perfect, and God knows that. So he provided a chance for all of us who made mistakes. Repent, and be saved. If you don't know what you're saying is fact, please don't say it. Also, please find something within the Bible that contradicts. I have been reading and studying it for over ten years, and have yet to find something that does contradict.
One personal point, I'm assuming you're an evolutionist. Check out all the evidence againstevolution. It takes more faith to believe than the Bible.

Jan 27 - 07:22 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

There are dozens of sites on the internet with the passages that forbid those things. If you doubt them I don't care.

And the "Repent" nonsense is an excuse for people to act like assholes and feel they are still good people by confessing them instead of living by on simple rule most people cannot "Love thy neighbour" and extrapolated to "Treat him as you would want to be treated"

Greed being a deadly sin and American being the centre of hypergreed and those who partake in it living lavish lives gives me all the proof I need that god holds no one responsible for that sin.

And if you can just confess away exploitation of people for greed then the morality the religion stands on is as flimsy as particle board.

"Treat thy neighbour as you would want to be treated" is all the morality and ethical guidelines I need to feel I am a good person and do not archaic rituals to feel better about it.

People are lazy and ignorant today and think a priest can absolve them of it. If god agrees I want nothing of his kingdom because it is hypocritical and transparent.

Jan 28 - 12:10 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

If God, may he exist, can't accept my treatment of others I carefully scrutinize through selfless generosity and sacrifice without the pointless rituals and archaic manuscript droning then Evil has taken over.

If he/she/it cannot progress beyond its hate driven limitations brought forth on modern life he/she/it is more interested in worship and lip service than actions.

And in fact since the main problem with the world today is that people hold words more important than actions it would make total sense to me that an out of touch god can't see the forest through the trees.

Jan 28 - 12:18 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Furthermore ALL of the major churches have made their priorities known. It is more important for them to raise money to deny equal rights on archaic morality claims and build bigger and more lavish temples to worship god than it is to use that money or intend to raise it help end the massive suffering occurring in the world. Their current effort in that vein is a drop in the bucket compared to their fund raising efforts against gay marriage and abortion.

I judge those priorities incompatible with mine and incompatible with having faith they are the right path because they cause suffering a long with the ignoring of current suffering.

Life has evolved beyond, and religious organizations hold up progress because accepting progress denies their importance.

Evolution in the worship and tribute to a creator or god concept is poisonous to organized hierarchy driven religions.

Whatever you believe created the earth or how it came about the same point about life on earth remains through EVIDENCE: When we treat each other how we wish to be treated life functions better.

Jan 28 - 12:37 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

There are so many things wrong with what you just said.
Once again- I'm Christian, not Catholic. Rituals don't apply. The ONLY vaguely ritualistic piece my church participates in is Communion, which is NOT required.
I find it interesting that you basically quoted Luke 6:31 int your last sentance. A major verse, the theme, "treat others as you wish to be treated" is reiterated in the Bible over 65 times.
Looks like you agree with the Bible more than you think.

Jan 28 - 09:40 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

No I do agree with the bible in fact, I think it's message has been perverted and interpreted as a manifest to discriminate.

Christians were once persecuted and now persecute. That makes zero sense in terms of the spirit and intent of the bible.

Jan 28 - 12:05 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

and if you deny evolution I have nothing in comon with you, and you live in a fairy tale.

Good luck with that your evidence is bogus.

Jan 28 - 12:12 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

So, you googled the Bible. That makes a lot of sense...
Onto evolution:
NASA's chief scientist, Dr. Robert Jastrow said, "now we know with absolute certainty that supernatural forces were at work in the origin of the universe."
Dr. Colin Patterson, the chief paleontologist of the British Museum of Natural History, stated, "I believe one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest deciet in the history of science."
Steven J Gould, the number one most quoted atheist, remarked, "the persisting absence of transitions in the fossil record is the trade secret of paleontology."
For the whole dinosaurs living millions of years before humans walked the Earth, were you aware that in a fossil bed in Glenrose, Texas, human footprints were found on the same layer of strata as dinosaur footprints? Evolution is unable to prove why that is. Also, burial rocks of the Toltec Indians (Southern Mexico) show hand drawn pictures of humans and dinosaurs livin together.
Evolutionist and Paleontologist, Joseph Weiner, states on the topic of man coming from apes, "it is quite obvious that modern man could not have arisen from any ape, let alone a monkey at all similar to those of today. It is ridiculous to describe a man a "naked" ape or any other kind of ape."
Over seventy scientific dating methods prove we live on a young Earth.
1) the shirking sun- 50 years of photographic study by the US Naval Observatory, the Harvard Smithsonian High Altitude Observatory, and the Royal Greenwich Observatory, have shown the the sun shrinks at SIX feet per hour. If you do the math, that means 210 million years ago, the sun and the Earth would be touching. Even a hundred thousand years ago, the sun would be double the size it is today, making Earth uninhabitable.
2) The decreasing magnetic field- Dr. Thomas Barnes (renowned magnetic field physicist) said, "If we went back in time 10,000 years, the Earth would have a magnetic field as strong as a star. That would limit the age of Earth to a maximum of 10,000 years."
Radiocarbon dating: Dr. Willard F Libby (won the Nobel Prize for inventing the radiocarbon dating method) said that radiocarbon daring is only good for 4,000 years. Also, radiocarbon dating is only good to date things that were once living.

Even Darwin, in his book (Origin of Species) admitted that the probability of the human eye evolving is, "absurd in the highest degree."
That makes scientists, both evolutionists and creationists, state their opinions on evolution. I mean, seriously? Even NASA threw the theory out.
Oh, and I didn't use google to find these sources. Years of research did that. Being informed on both sides of an issue is important. Hatred alone cannot win an arguement.

Jan 28 - 09:25 AM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Note: I am able and willing to provide sources for any of these quotes.

Jan 28 - 10:51 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

I have hatred for interpreting the bible as a reason to deny equal rights in a modern society more than anything.

Those quotes about some supernatural involvement have merit I'm not an unreasonable person but I am not willing to throw evolution in the trash over it.

I am agnostic on the concept of God and all that it involves.

I used to be a catholic so I did more than 'google the bible'

I simply refuse to let anyone's subjective reasoning determine how I should live my life. I have a foundation for treating people right that is a no brainer and compatible with the teachings of Jesus, which to are perverted and bastardized by organized christianity. Judge not lest ye be judged is completely thrown out the window over the need to hate someone of difference and has been the case for 2000 years, the people of difference changes every so often when the church is dragged kicking and screaming into the next generation.

I will not glorify it I remain confident God can be a situationalist just as much as I can.

Jan 28 - 11:51 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and humanity cannot resist consolidating power over everything it can. I have dedicated my life to resisting that urge and put it to productive use.

I have respect for people that can live in the religious constraints and not have fascist ethical views on modern life like Gay-Marriage being the most evil thing on earth. Based on the divorce rates and use of marriage as a tax benefit it has been turned into a trivial sacrement and withholding it from gays is nothing more than fascist ethical hatred, and I despise all forms of fascism. I believe NO ONE has the right to tell anyone else how to live without exception, and that it is difficult enough to get a long and move positively towards a better future, to have several organized religions fighting over who is god's favourite is the largest exhibit of mental masturbation accomplishing nothing that I can identify besides people who obsess over conspiracy theories. The reality there is, let's say all the conspiracies about governments and new world orders and illuminati cults are true: what then? What's the plan? Keep fighting amongst ourselves and chasing ghosts?

No one has a plan to stop evil and heal the world, people are too busy fighting over who is right and until we give up on that human need to feel right and move beyond it we will continue to be stuck in the mud.

Case in point lets say your view on the origins of life are completely true: so what? Does it help us as a species solve our biggest problems we ignore to debate these metaphysical and philosophical questions? Hell no.

We are both guilty here of feeding that pointless cycle of needing to be right.

Jan 28 - 12:03 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

SOrry the exception is laws on what hurts CHilren such as Pedofilia and what not and what violates the rights of other people.

Jan 28 - 12:06 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

The bottom line is the world have fought over which interpretation of which text is right long enough, it's time to solve problems that linger while people value being right over doing the right thing.

Jan 28 - 12:09 PM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

Look, I was hoping not to get into an arguement. I dislike your insulting views on religion and your often obscene language.
I would like to respectfully request that you abstain from making religious generalizations, and if you feel the need to critique any one religion, that you clearly state facts.
There are people on this thread of many religions who would agree that Islam is not the same as Christianity, Hinduism is not Catholicism, and the Buddhists don't believe the same as the Mormons.
As a reiligious person, I respect your right to your own opinions, but would like you to stop slandering all religions in your efforts to do so.
If this is offensive to you, I apologize for the insult, but not for the call to stop you from maligning religions.

Jan 28 - 01:08 PM

Chase The Lost

Mae, darling, you may be able to have a civil discussion with the likes of me but not with Christopher Walken. His unmatchable hatred (even though there are one or two points of his arguments I may agree with)is something that cannot be reasoned with. May I humbly suggest you take the high road and allow this Christopher to bask in whatever animosity he is filled with.

Jan 28 - 02:05 PM

Mae L.

Mae Lael

I wholeheartedly agree! Thanks so much, Chase; I wish you well.

Jan 28 - 03:43 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

*shrug* I could care less what any of this makes me look. I protest and fundraise and support full freedom and will not have peace or rest until all religions that raise money for political candidates that represent the opposite are defeated and quelled to listen to the echoes of their own nonsense.

Not that the 2 party system in the USA solves ANYTHING but 100% (and yes this is a generalization I am comfortable with) of the rabid far right wing/tea party are fascist nut job plutocrats who want to hijack the country and force a series of religious driven laws on everyone they are brainwashed into thinking will solve the world's problems.

We are a society stuck in the mud when people have to deal with the daily issues raised by people like Paul Ryan and Rick Santorum and the like.

My outrage at these people and what bred them gives ME strength.

Jan 29 - 03:09 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Yes, the religions that do not support oppression and raising money for these fascist cowards do not deserve generalization.

The ones that do (and it is very easy to figure it out) deserve all the hate they produce sent back at them, it is only right when you stand for true freedom to hate that which works to undermine it. To repsect and understand it is to trivialize the enemy it represents.

Jan 29 - 03:13 PM

David Chance

David Chance

You may not agree with Chris' message or how he puts it across but anyone who attempts to write him off as some kind of ignorant person is clearly being defensive.

All he's saying is religion has been used for greed, hatred, violence, oppression, and death far more than it has been used for anything positive. While you ask him to support this statement with fact, I have yet to see any of you disproving it. It's all over human history. Just because, conveniently, you can claim here that you are one of the few non-assholes in that group of people, does not mean you get to ignore the FACT that a lot of those people are, in fact, assholes. You can't ignore the fact that religion has been and is still pushed on people. You can't ignore the numerous accounts of people quoting various books to push their own hateful agendas.

You find a problem with the way this guy is talking? How do you think he got this way? It's a gradual process. He even said he was Catholic. He was pushed away from it because the negatives outweighed the positives as he saw it. There were plenty of opportunities for God to present him with experiences to change his mind, to place people in his path that would help him understand "his plan" better. But the fact is, the messenger is important, and most of them put across this creepy vibe like they're there to save us from our ignorant existence. It's the ARROGANCE that pushes us away. That they can pull this high and mighty attitude based on man-written bibles which are repeatedly conveniently fucking revised once the ideas present problems with what living really is. How long before the newer newest testament comes out and God finally, miraculously grants a pass to homosexuals? And who is it that will conveniently hear the word of God this time? A closeted conservative or a pissy liberal? Does it matter? At what point does all of this start to sound like bullshit? Has it ever really been plausible? Can we not just admit we have ideas but we don't really know shit? I don't buy evolution, the big bang, a deity, ANY of it. I don't KNOW, and I'm comfortable with that. I'm comfortable with letting God or whatever the fuck it is tell me what's going on in whatever cryptic bizarre way it chooses, but I point blank am not going to hear it from another dumb-assed human who read it somewhere, saw it on media, or was told it by other agenda-pushing assholes. Like Chris says, if it truly is "murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc can get a pass because they worship me but if you simply don't accept these inconsistent ridiculous stories and the words of all these obnoxious assholes who supposedly know what you're up to.. if you even simply say you're not sure, fuck you, you burn!" Then I want no part of it. That would make you a hateful, hypocritical, egomaniacal douchebag. Worship that? Never.

On topic, fuck anyone who would let themselves be offended by a movie this worthless. How dare you give it that much credit..

Feb 5 - 02:33 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah, at first I was on Chris's side, but this escalated a little quickly. When engaging in a debate on a topic as sensitive as this one, try not to make sweeping generalizations.

Jan 28 - 04:30 PM

Frank Gao

Frank Gao

Fuck witches, get galleons.

Jan 22 - 09:13 PM

Mackenzie Herren

Mackenzie Herren

You're saying this as if it is wrong to hate against religion.

Jan 22 - 07:02 PM

Cody Postle

Cody Postle

Well, you are a loser.

Jan 22 - 03:50 PM

Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson

This whole thread is pathetic. Im literally laughing reading this Ceenowain guys comments. ITS A MOVIE. I feel bad for all of us who have to deal with these kind of people. I mean come on, lets look at Chernobyl Diaries. Some people were affended when they heard about that movie being made, then everyone saw it and now no one cares anymore. What im trying to say is its just a movie. If people are saying "burn the wiccans" or whatever will those people sctually go around and start burning them? No, because people say things like that over the internet everyday. If you have a probem with it then get off the internet.

Jan 22 - 10:35 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

"No, because people say things like that over the internet everyday. If you have a problem with it then get off the internet."

That has the logical gist of living in WWII-era Germany and saying, "Well, everyone here seems to support Hitler, but it's not an issue. If you have a problem with it just move elsewhere. I mean, it's not it's affecting anyone, right?"

Jan 23 - 06:46 PM

Mike Kowzun

Mike Kowzun

Isn't "Wiccan" that thing a bunch of fat girls in high-school say they are to appear "different"?

Jan 20 - 07:04 PM

Zachary Marsicano

Zachary Marsicano

Thumbs up

Jan 22 - 03:03 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

yup and there are a secondary type of 'hipsters' who dress like it for irony points

Jan 22 - 09:17 PM

danteasdale458

Dan Teasdale

If you believe in the invisible boogey man in the sky, you should be shot for being retarded.

Jan 20 - 04:58 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Even though I believe in god, this made laugh for 10 whole minutes

Jan 21 - 10:46 AM

This comment has been removed.

hollis m.

hollis mills

well do you have a religion

Jan 21 - 03:38 PM

Jeff van Welij

Jeff van Welij

There are religions that don't focus on the Christian God that you refer to, such as Buddhism. You'd benefit from opening your mind a little. (I am not religious myself, by the way)

Having no respect for any form of religious practice technically makes you as bad as those that don't respect you for not being religious.

Jan 21 - 05:16 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

Boo-hoo. Religion gets attacked in a lot of movies. Deal with it.

Jan 19 - 04:35 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Hipster religion is not real, you're a flake

Jan 19 - 03:15 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

get tha fuck out bitch

Jan 19 - 04:31 PM

Chase The Lost

What the fuck is a "hipster religion?"

Jan 19 - 04:37 PM

Micah Berman

Micah Berman

fake shit like Scientology

Jan 19 - 07:26 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

haha, good one

Jan 20 - 02:43 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Don't forget Mormonism

Jan 21 - 10:47 AM

Chase The Lost

All religion is fake lol

Jan 21 - 02:15 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

True, but religions depressed teenagers join because it has to do with Vampires, witches or something that has movie style lore is a hipster religion.

None of the religion's mean anything more than trying to find an identity that is different and weird for the sake of weird.

Jan 22 - 05:43 PM

AHungerArtist

ahungerartist ahungerartist

People who throw around hipster like it's applicable to everything are idiotic. Wiccans are as silly as any other religious followers, but it's not a "hipster" religion.

Jan 21 - 11:09 AM

Chase The Lost

*claps*

They're the same people who use the word "emo" for everything.

Jan 21 - 02:16 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Emo people are just sad faggots

Jan 22 - 09:18 PM

Robert Glasel

Robert Glasel

Emo witches are such hipsters.

Jan 24 - 12:57 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

People who dress like this or vampires for irony are hipsters, they pay lip service to the religious aspect of it.

Thus you have hipster religion

Jan 22 - 09:18 PM

Nick Rigoli

Nick Rigoli

As a Frankenstein I am apalled at this atrocity. Alot of people think that us Frankensteins are autistic. That too is a misguided label. But not nealy as bad as the genocide of sister witches. Once again Hollywood has got it all wrong for the sake of the all mighty dollar.

Jan 19 - 08:12 AM

James Joyce

James Joyce

You do understand that Frankenstein was the Dr. and not the monster. Because if you didn't...

Jan 21 - 06:26 PM

Kevin Fons

Kevin Fons

Your mindset creates the hatred, it's silly that i'm evenposting to say something about it.
i had more to say, but i deleted it, because you dont actually care

Jan 18 - 11:00 PM

Diego Tutweiller

This is the most asinine thing that has ever been posted on Rotten Tomatoes, and that says a lot. I couldn't care less if a movie talked about killing witches. I also couldn't care less if it talked about killing white people (Django Unchained), Christians (The Passion of Christ), Scots (Braveheart), or Jews (Schindler's List). I think everyone's getting just a BIT TOO SENSITIVE AROUND HERE, and if you can't put aside your own beliefs for a little fun once in a while, you're not worthy of living around... people.

Jan 18 - 09:39 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

dude, you are one ignorant mother fugga, you are probably the only person in the galaxy who could try to put religion into this movie. for that i say go fuck ya self

Jan 18 - 05:13 PM

Tanner Lawrence

Tanner Lawrence

Holy shit you are stupid, WITCHES ARE NOT REAL. Neither are sasquatches, the lochness monster, zombies, santa clause, the easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc... If you think you can cast spells or do ANYTHING witch-like, then I am afraid you have lost your mind. Burning supposed "witches" in West Africa is not the same because the people burning them are stupid for believing that those people are actual witches to begin with. They are not burning someone based on that person's beliefs, they are burning someone based on their own beliefs that those people are witches. The wrong way of thinking is to believe that witches exist, not that burning them is wrong

Jan 18 - 04:15 PM

Yodaman Solo

Yodaman Solo

My goodness. I don't believe this thread. I am able to separate the real world from the movie world because it's just that..Movies. Film makers won't be able to make movies anymore because there are people always offended by them for some reason or another. I'm sure that it's been like this for decades and it seems worse now because of the freedom of expressing yourself on the internet. Still, it's tiring when people complain about a movie for religious or political reasons. I'm not telling people how to feel but I wish we had a stronger backbone for these things.

Jan 18 - 07:25 AM

Eko Prasetyo

Eko Prasetyo

I am a muslim. Count how many movies have been made portraying muslims as enemies and villains. Stop your whinings

Jan 16 - 04:39 PM

Chase The Lost

In addition to Christians, Jews, African-Americans, Italians...the list goes on and on. This guy is just an ignorant jackass.

Jan 16 - 04:48 PM

Cernowain Greenman

Cernowain Greenman

Actually prejudice is defined as ignorance. Eko, do you cheer when Muslims are killed? One human life is worth all human life, the Qur'an says. It's time to stop all religious hatred, including anti-Muslim, anti-Christian and anti-Witch hatred.

Jan 16 - 07:37 PM

Chase The Lost

Ok, you're right. Prejudice is defined as ignorance. However, you need to understand something. I, as well as many people in this country, are firm believers in the concept of "live and let live." It's only a movie. A stupid looking movie, but it's only a movie. You must understand that your religion is practiced by a smaller amount of individuals than other faiths. Even Christianity has been attacked by film and television. The truth is, if it offends you, turn a blind eye to it. The only thing you're accomplishing is creating more controversy that fuels the mindless cretins in this country to pay money to see this garbage. I say to you, ignore. And ESPECIALLY ignore those jackasses who post "Burn the Wiccans" on Facebook. People act real tough when they are behind a computer monitor. The measure of a man consists of the ability to stand by your beliefs and laugh in the faces of those who deny them.

Jan 17 - 12:31 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

it's not hatred from me it's ridicule.

Jews: Believe they are the chosen people

Muslims: Believe women are inferior people

Christians: Believe they have the right to enforce morality on people who don't believe and convert people

Witches: LOL enough said.

Jan 22 - 09:16 PM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

I hate it when people say Christians think they have the right to enforce morality on people when the New Testament of the Bible clearly says to make disciples but NOT SHOVE IT DOWN THEIR THROATS OR FORCE THEM TO DO ANYTHING.

I also hate it when a non-catholic/orthodox Christain gets blame for the crusades and slaughtering of native americans.

A lot of these notions come from stuff the Catholic church does and tells people to do, but the catholic Church isn't all of the Christians.

Stop shoe-horning those of us that mind our own business (besides occasionally mentioning our religion while not trying to force anything) because there are loud hypocrites out there (Westboro Baptist Church, a good Christian is probably a near or even exact opposite of them)

Jan 24 - 05:30 AM

Alex Yohai

Alex Yohai

I agree, this sort of blatant hatred in Hollywood is completely unacceptable. As a vampire, I was shocked and appalled by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I had many friends in the 1800's who were killed during the Civil War, and most of them weren't into human blood. Fortunately, we've got the Twilight movies as positive PR, but I'm worried that, since that series is over, Hollywood will think it's okay to go back to killing us.

Jan 16 - 01:49 PM

Cernowain Greenman

Cernowain Greenman

Alex, you might think you are funny, but I hope no one wants to burn you just because of who you are.

Jan 16 - 07:38 PM

Andrew Fuerst

Andrew Fuerst

Your not exactly a very liked person on here I am sorry but that shit is stupid. By this logic you might as well bitch about wizard of oz showing the wicked witch as evil and green. You might as well go after any story that shows witches as evil and you would still be ridiculed thru film history many movies have witches as being able. This is a movie based off a story with people shooting shotguns in a medeval era that is a silly premise. Your argument is as valid as someone who claimed to be abducted by aliens claiming that cowboys and aliens disgraces the aliens who supposedly probed them in the ass.

Jan 25 - 09:22 AM

skyfirey2k

Jody Mena

Cute, Alex.
This is less cute, and it is about as real as it gets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrGQl5kEME
Burning witches isn't cool or sexy. Its horrific.

Jan 16 - 08:17 PM

Alex Yohai

Alex Yohai

Yes, because the story of Hansel and Gretel is a call to genocide. Right.

I'm all for religious freedom. You're as welcome to drawing pentagrams in the basement as I am to lighting a menorah in the dining room. What I take issue with, though, is that you're apparently equating a silly movie with a serious call to action against your religion. There are actual genocides occurring in the world today, and large groups of people persecuted in the USA and across the world for the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, or their religion. Pick a battle worth waging. Whining about some bullshit movie that nobody will likely even see isn't worth your time.

Besides, you just know that with a line like the one you quoted, there's going to be a good witch character to open Hansel's eyes to acceptance and all that crap.

Jan 16 - 09:27 PM

Diego Tutweiller

This man is a genius. If only everyone on RT could be this clever.

Jan 18 - 09:40 PM

Ezzi Forer

Ezzi Forer

so funny, love it

Jan 28 - 11:35 AM

Sara Callahan

Sara Callahan

I know some Wiccan's and...well... they arent to pissed about it. They roll their eyes but they want to see it. Its a movie, most people are smart enough to know the differences between movies and real Wiccans. And if they dont they are to stupid to know any better. Its not hurting anyone, no one gonna get all up in arms and scream " BURN THE WICCANS!" just cuz of this movie. I'm not going to lie witchs make really good villeins, but there is a difference between witchs and Wiccans! Lest the evil ones. Its fantasy, take a deep breath.

Jan 15 - 08:38 PM

Cernowain Greenman

Cernowain Greenman

Sara, I've already seen people posting "Burn the Wiccans" on Facebook pages that promote this movie. And many Wiccans call themselves witches. Also, many women around the world and in the USA are still scapegoated as witches even when they aren't, just because the idea gets promoted that its OK to attack people who are different.

Jan 16 - 07:40 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

No you haven't

Jan 17 - 05:27 PM

skyfirey2k

Jody Mena

So much agreement. The fantasy nerd in me likes revamping a classic fairytale. But the Pagan in me feels sick. People still burn accused witches in various parts of the world ~ Hollywood shouldn't try to make it look cool or acceptable, when its really sick and horrific.

Let someone say the same thing about Christians or Jews, and watch the mushroom clouds start popping up over the censors heads. But if its a witch, "burn 'em all". Vile =/

Jan 15 - 04:36 PM

Chase The Lost

Oh for fuck's sake. Get over yourself.

Jan 14 - 02:08 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

It's not attacking real wiccans, just going after evil, curse-casting witches from fairy tales

Jan 14 - 01:23 PM

Cernowain Greenman

Cernowain Greenman

And yet fairy tales have a way of becoming reality. There weren't real witches at Salem, MA, but many people died because of the accusations of a few girls who were playing.

Jan 16 - 07:45 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

That was just a bunch of ignorant people thinking there was such a thing. Their is no such thing as witches, religion or not

Jan 24 - 09:45 PM

Ignatius Brown

Ignatius Brown

Uh dude maybe you didn't know but uh witches generally eat little kids. Yah burning them not so bad.

Jan 14 - 12:32 PM

Robert Glasel

Robert Glasel

Fuck little kids.

oh wait

Jan 24 - 01:01 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile