Happy Campers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Campers Reviews

March 6, 2014
just a plain old N-O..No....
½ July 5, 2007
A unique black comedy directed by the writer of 'Heathers'. Not great, but not bad either. Definitely worth a look.
July 12, 2012
Happy Campers may not all be so happy in this film. It's a ridiculously bad taste version of Meatballs. Certainly not made for children with all the sex and swearing going on. The film has darker subtext to it's cheery appearance, watch at your own discretion.
April 27, 2012
i did love this movie it has a lot of cast members i like
½ March 6, 2012
weird ass movie, it had no point but i couldnt stop watching it.
December 13, 2011
A must see if you have every worked at a summer camp!!!
½ January 19, 2011
It was much better than I was expected! Such a funny, interesting movie - although I wish the ending was a little better.
February 19, 2008
One of my all time favorites. I am all of these characters. I've been in all of their places it is all part of life and it was written so beautifully. This film was greatly underappreciated. Not by me. See it and enjoy. Grow. Learn.
½ October 6, 2010
It's a love/hate movie. I loved it.
September 27, 2010
This movie is hilarious and self-aware. It has a lot of my favorite bit part actors (and Justin Long). I love Dominique Swain and Brad Renfro and I especially love them together. There is nothing serious about the movie and it's a bit pointless but I love the ride.
May 6, 2010
A lack of character development and the story itself is poorly written. It was quite bad.
April 26, 2010
Remember that I watched it but cant remember anything good aboout it.
March 23, 2010
It's a camp movie, but it is not totally dumded down. Although there is the typical cliche camp movie stuff in here they also try to infuse some teeange drama in here for an older crowd to enjoy.
January 27, 2010
"hilarious teen sex romp" is an oxymoron.
½ January 23, 2010
The sleeper comedy hit!
½ January 17, 2010
This definitely wasn't Meatballs!
I just finished watching this movie and I'm not sure what to make of it. Yes, it was sort of a sex comedy...but it was also a coming of age movie...and kind of dark....I'm confused...
November 1, 2009
*** (out of four)

Every kid loves summer camp...right? "Happy Campers" follows a group of college freshman as they become guidance councilers to a group of younger kids. The usual adventures and romances pop up, but it is told with a witty point of view and a winning style.
½ October 6, 2008
Oh perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
½ October 2, 2009
During the first few minutes when they were introducing all the characters, I thought the girls' characters very much resembled the girls from The Babysitter`s Club and the boys were forgettably generic. As the show went on, you come to realise that there is no real plot to this story.

Like a real summer camp, people just did what they did - made new friends, fell in love, did crazy things and had new experiences. If you like or connect with any of the characters, you`ll be able to look at this as a quirky growing pains kind of teen relationships movie. If you don`t care for anyone, not even a favourite actor or something, then it`s a bit slow and meaningless.
August 26, 2009
wow! a movie about a crazy overnight summer camp experience with sex, drugs, and heartbreak and all hell breaks loose on the last day of camp?

Wait a second...what about that movie with Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Paul Rudd, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce...

OH SHIT THIS FILM HAS JUSTIN LONG!!! I AM TOTALLY WATCHING THIS MOVIE!