Hard to Kill Reviews

½ May 1, 2015
So dopey but really well paced, breezy revenge flick. Some truly ridiculous and bizarre one liners plus Seagal's stuck on beard make this one a real gem.
March 25, 2015
This movie would be better off killed.
½ January 4, 2015
When watching it from the start you get the feeling that it might just turn out to be a great choice of a movie to watch. As the whole screenplay is full of lazy writing and not much to satisfy with there's not even enough action depicted to make it entertaining and breathtaking.

Steven Seagal has starred in better hits to compare with this flop like 'Under Siege'. Under Siege is by far and shall remain his best work and is no sort of trash like his Direct-to-DVD work. There's no going far as to calling this movie 'trash', but it could have did a better job on the writing level and action level.
½ August 11, 2014
This was the first Seagal movie I ever saw and it's definitely a step down from it's predecessor, Above the Law. But there is still some fun to be had with Nico aka Mason Storm bust faces and breaking limbs. Plus, Kelly "Weird Science" LeBrock is so hot.
½ July 31, 2014
This is an improvement from the usual Steven Seagal film that we see it focuses on the plot for most of the way but it gets very cheesy in the last quarter and preforms the usual plotlines that you would see in an action film with Seagal not the worst Seagal has done but could have been better
½ July 21, 2014
Perhaps Seagal most effective attempt to create some drama along with his kick-ass macho persona that was his style.
February 6, 2014
One of Seagal's best efforts. But I enjoy every film he's done(except *On Deadly Ground*) This was the 1st film of his i've seen. True classic.
February 14, 2014
Hard To Kill, Is A Fun Entertaining Action Flick With A Distinct 80's Action Vibe. The Plot May Be Mediocre, But Add In Some Great Action Scenes, The Chemistry Between Seagal & LeBrock, A Classic Revenge Story & Finally The Great Script With The One Or Two Cheesy Lines & We Have The Average 80's Action Flick, Despite Being Released In 1990. A Great Film Which Offers One Of Seagal's Finest Performances From His Glory Days.
October 4, 2013
This is my favorite Steven Seagal film, and who could turn down a film with Kelly LeBrock in it? Seagal plays Mason Storm who's basically a good cop who finds out that politician Vernon Trent who's played by William Sadler is a crook. Other crooked cops find out what Storm is doing and killers are hired to take out Storm, his wife, and his child. It's presumed that Storm is dead, or is he? 1988-1994 Seagal really got things going and I've always enjoyed his earlier films.
September 9, 2006
Remember when Steven Segal was an action star? This movie illustrates that, its why he became famous. This is by far his best work.
August 8, 2013
Come cut my heart out!!
July 4, 2013
Hard To Kill offers nothing new when it comes to its plot, but I think it is a much better action film than the critics and moviegoers give it credit for. There's plenty of action, corny acting and dialogue, some T&A for good measure, and some funny humor thrown in as well. I had fun with it because I enjoy these types of action films. They may not offer any substance, but hey, at least they're a blast to watch.
½ June 16, 2013
WOW, this was a stupid movie, but a very entertaining stupid movie. I was laughing through most of it at how cheesy it could get.

I think the highlight has to be when Segal and LeBrock are trying to drive away from an army of corrupt cops, and as they shoot at the jeep's windshield one cut shows them, then the shooters, then it cuts back to the jeep where it's clear only one person is in the jeep, cut to shooters and the cut back to jeep, where Segal is on the the passenger side all of a sudden???

Movie is loaded with stuff like that. Segal is just an awful actor, but he's so bad you gotta root for him. He's just so badass that seven years in a coma, his facial hair only grows out in a goatee!

It actually sets up for an awesome last half where he sets out to take revenge on the cops that killed his wife, but sadly it just never even gets close to the potential. A few cops get theirs, but most are just knocked silly. I wanted to see some sick violence put on these a-holes!

The score is super cheesy, and saxophone heavy in any 'love' scenes.

I was never bored with this film, but I can't really go as far as to say it was a great movie film making wise. Perfect for a rainy day.
April 17, 2013
Directed by Bruce Malmmuth (Fore Play (1975) and Nighthawks (1981)), this is a by the numbers action film that gave it's star the chance to kick ass again after doing well in his debut Above the Law (1988). It's a product of it's time, when violent action films were being made, but it does have all the hallmarks most films like this had, a revenge motive, an action montage and a slimy baddie. In 1983, after exposing mob corruption at a port in Los Angeles, Police Detective Mason Storm (Steven Seagal) finds out it goes higher, however before he can expose it all, he's shot, his wife Felicia (Bonnie Burroughs) is murdered and his son Sonny (Zachary Rosencrantz) vanishes. Mason ends up in a coma, from which he awakens 7 years later, his doctor Andy Stewart (Kelly LeBrock) wants to help him recover, but no sooner than Mason has awoken, than men arrive at the hospital to kill Mason, he escapes with Andy, and they hide at a remote house. As Mason regains his strength, and tries to remember what happened, they're being hunted down by dangerous men. It's actually a very good action film, it's not perfect by any means, but it does have some good moments of brutal action throughout. Seagal manages to kick ass, and while it is a product of the 1980's spilled over in the 1990's, it still manages to be good fun.
½ April 3, 2013
My first Steven Seagal film and that too a very bad experience. The main problem with this movie is its script and its character development. A bad movie to start his filmography.
½ March 29, 2013
GREAT MOVIE! Lot of breaking of bones though.
December 5, 2012
I have a soft spot for Steven Seagal's early films and this second outing from the aikido martial artist is one of his better films. Although this is nothing to do with Seagal's first and previous film 'Nico (Above the Law) it felt very similar and more of the same. I enjoyed them both for what they are though, mindless action films that are not meant to be taken too seriously. The film offers everything you want and expect from a Seagal film, great action and fight sequences but also not much of a plot, poor dialogue and lots of continuity mistakes. This film has to go down as one of my guilty pleasures. Regardless of whether people love or hate it, this is another example as to why Steven Seagal is apart of the golden era of action films.
January 18, 2013
Just standard classic Seagal. Really fun to watch.
December 29, 2012
Steven SEagal kicks butt in this movie as usall! Lots of action if you like kick butt action!