Hardbodies

—— New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Hardbodies Reviews

August 24, 2013
Pretty decent teen comedy film, but with a bit of a twist. Three of the lead cast are older guys looking for a way to get some on the beach, so the hire a young women magnet for help.

I won't lie for any guys reading this, nearly every women in the cast with lines shows skin. I don't think five minutes ever passed without truckloads of nudity on the screen. If you like boobs, this movie is for you!

As a horror genre fan mostly of this time, seeing a lot of alum show up here was a treat. The two lead guys are Killer Klowns' Grant Cramer and Children Of The Corn's Courtney Gains.
Darcy DeMoss, Kathleen Kinmont and Kane Hodder all show up in smaller roles too.

I actually thought the charm of Cramer is what made this film work. It was a good role as he never treated the women too badly, and his love story with the super gorgeous Teal Roberts worked nicely.

Music was nice 80's cheese too, but the theme song was a great as well as the final party song. Turns out 45 Grave's 'Partytime' was used in this film before it was made mostly famous for Return Of The Living Dead!
J M.
July 3, 2013
Hardbodies - Cinematic Masterpiece
This 1984 classic exceeds all expectations - the story never takes itself too seriously and holds up just as well today as the day it was made - this movie has a lot of good laughs and one liners - also, Steve Gold should have won an Academy Award for his portrayal of "Farnsey", a scene stealing, robe wearing, toupee loving womanizer who is introduced during the film's final act
April 12, 2006
Pointless fun 80's movie.
aih001
September 6, 2012
I have no idea how or why this came up on my Roku recommendations, although I thought it might provide some nostalgic, 1980s campy fun complete with gigantic boomboxes, roller skates, terrible fashions and even worse hairstyles. It wasn't fun. It's painful to watch three middle actors playing caricatures making complete asses of themselves. I was embarrassed for them just watching it. I gave it the extra half-star for all the shapely bare breasts, but this film proves that there is indeed "too much of a good thing." Just like gorging yourself on [insert food vice here], it just leaves you feeling indifferent at best, queasy at worst. I know movies like this are supposed to be fluff and aren't intended to provoke thought, but it didn't quite have to be so vapid and unsubstantial.
September 2, 2012
Its been many a year since I last saw this T & A romp and apparently I saw it alot more than I realized because not only could I quote the movie here and there I actually found myself singing the theme song.
Its the epitome of 80's sleeze in a purely fun way.
There were even a few surprises this time 'round:
Kane Hodder plays a small role called 'Older Geek' and he was a stunt coordinator.
Kathleen Kinmont plays a hot, hot skater.
And the song Party Time mostly known from Return of the Living Dead is in the film twice.
John W.
July 27, 2012
More of the classic 80's beach flicks. Oversexed teens with great bodies who will take it off under the flimsiest of pretenses fueled by surf, sun, and booze. Undersexed, left behind 'adults' seeking to recapture (or capture) their lost youth. All of this held together by an absurd premise and ridiculous coincidence that just has to be an afterthought to how many naked chicks can we pile in a single scene. I miss the 80's.
May 12, 2012
Stupidist film I ever wasted time on.
May 5, 2012
5/5/2012: Cheesy, sleazy 80's romp of a movie. Still pretty funny!
March 4, 2012
80's teen sex comdey with more naked women than plot..
sumsitup
February 2, 2012
Okay, it's T&A schlock, but at least its good schlock. It has a plot, some funny lines, great situations and is just all around fun. This was one of the first "naughty" movies I snuck a middle-of-the-night recording off HBO with the new family VCR (helps to be tech saavy, eh?) But hey, it was filmed locally... good excuse. But honestly this is one of the better movies in this genre, filled with hot women, likeable leads and acting you can actually watch and enjoy.
aaronf70
October 18, 2011
Great 80's fun flick.
MsLizardQueen
May 10, 2011
Stupidist film I ever wasted time on.
Luc L.
November 10, 2010
A mindless teen comedy.
September 20, 2010
The rating is based on sheer nostalgia, but I still enjoy this silly turkey of a film.

A group of clueless middle-aged guys enlist the aid of a slacker beach bum to try and score some young tail. Boobs and hijinx ensue.

As I said, this one is pure nostalgia, so proceed with caution unless you're already a fan, it's pretty corny.
July 16, 2010
Film oublié dans la masse des comédies grasse pour ados des années 80, ce film plus proche de "Porky's" que des John Hughes a pourtant plus de raisons de passer à la postérité que certains titres. 3 hommes d'âges mure à l'apparence plutôt médiocre payent un jeune premier pour apprendre à draguer les filles, vu que c'est si facile pour lui ! C'est le genre de film complètement décomplexé, qui ne s'occupe pas de savoir s'il est réaliste, morale ou autre, "Hardbodies" diverti et il le fait plutôt bien, on ne sait plus où donner de la tête devant ce défilé de canons comme on n'en voit qu'au cinema (comme "Last Action Hero" l'a bien montré) et elles ne sont pas farouches pour deux sous, et ce pour le plus grand plaisir du public masculin, principale cible d'un film ancré dans son époque et qui nous ferait presque croire avec certitude que la vie était comme ça à l'époque, bref, que c'était mieux avant !!! Les personnages, sans être écrit avec profondeur sont assez attachants, y'a les gentils et les méchants et des nanas à en perdre la tête ! C'est léger, plutôt drôle et ça fait passer un super moment comme seul les comédies des années 80 savent faire, un film qui ne demande qu'à être réhabilité et qui le mériterait bien !
February 2, 2010
courtney gains is hideous
appolloblu
November 4, 2009
It's been a long time since I've scene this movie, (until recently), but I must admit it has to be the best of the worst in this California 80's beach romp genre. I love this movie, I use to stay up late to watch it on USA's "Up all Night" with Rhonda something (she had huge boobs). And the fact that you had the band Vixen and Malicai in it just added to the greatness.

Does anyone have any similar suggestions?