Exclusive: Helen McCrory Updates on Harry Potter 7

Summary

Poor Narcissa Malfoy. If it wasn't bad enough that she had to stand by as her son, Draco, was charged with the task of murdering Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, during the course of Deathly Hallows she'll see her home used as Voldemort's headquarters and her family placed under house arrest. For Helen McCrory, the actress charged with bringing her to life on the big screen, though, the seventh and final part of the franchise -- split into two movies -- will be as exciting as anything that has come before. Talking exclusively to Rotten Tomatoes from the set of her new film, Noel Clarke's 4.3.2.1, she said that her work on Deathly Hallows was going well and promised an epic finale for Potter fans. Back to Article

Comments

Siler_117

Justin Siler

sorry, but you are wrong. Prisoner of Azkaban was not only a good Harry Potter film, but just a good movie all around.

Oct 5 - 12:38 PM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

better be awesome or else...

Oct 5 - 01:32 PM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

Ah, Captain, we sure missed you.

Oct 5 - 01:46 PM

Floor Man

Floor Man

I believe those "dot-dot-dots" are called ellipses.

Oct 5 - 02:33 PM

Cutler to the rescue

Ted kruts

POA, is not a good harry potter movie of a good movie overall. It is dark for the sake of being dark not for the sake of enhancing the story. The acting was weak from everyone. The story was butchered. HBP was the best movie of them all.

Oct 5 - 02:43 PM

Anthony M.

Anthony Mascarenas

i HATED HBP. i just thought it was terrible, but i love the books and movies 1-4

Oct 5 - 03:35 PM

Sinister Minister

larry mcmichael

Captain Cutler you're an idiot. Tomato meter for both: poa - 89%, hbp - 83%.
i know those are unfamiliar to you, facts and statistics, but what the data here says that they were both good movies but clearly the film review industry is in agreement. POA > HBP.

That doesn't mean you can't like both of them though. It just seems you want to be the contrarian just for the sake of being a contrarian. From now on, you shall be known as Captain Contrarian.

Oct 5 - 06:34 PM

oyguvaltshappy

matthew ericson

Half Blood Prince was a step up from the disappointing Order of the Phoenix, so hopefully Yates will be able to knock 'em outta the park with this two part finale.

Oct 5 - 07:19 PM

Hamboner

Brian Lorenzen

I'm surprised that anyone could hate Prisoner of Azkaban (that is, if they don't hate Harry Potter films on principle alone). I thought it was really great and finally broke the Home Alone-vibe of the first two films (which may have been appropriate then... but certainly was not for this film).

Half-Blood Prince really entertained me. I know it had to rewrite the book a bit but if you want to get into another literal translation vs. adaptation argument, then be my guest, I'd rather go smoke a bone.

Oct 5 - 09:44 PM

Cutler to the rescue

Ted kruts

So because critics like POA more that means it is a better movie? So WallE is better than Dark Knight?

Hey HBP made more money than POA so i guess that means that the FANS like HBP more.

Oct 5 - 10:09 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

No captain, because no film is better than the dark knight. None. Ever. It's the best.

(that's not really my opinion but I just want to see him lose it).

POA is the best film in the series because of Alfonso Cuaron's direction. I don't care for Harry Potter as a whole, but POA stands as the best example of a fully realized cinematic world that did not rely on the audience's familiarity with the source material (I had none when I watched it).

Oct 5 - 11:56 PM

Cutler to the rescue

Ted kruts

Sinister Minister, learn what facts and data are little child then come try to argue with the big boys.

Oct 5 - 10:10 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

(that's not really my opinion but I just want to see him lose it).

Oct 5 - 11:56 PM

Cutler to the rescue

Ted kruts

If anything Cuaron's direction is what hurt POA. Oh and the reason why it did not need familiarity with the source material was because it was so vastly changed it was barely a harry potter movie. The fans spoke they do not like it.

Oct 6 - 07:52 AM

Rockslide

Rocky Davies

Its funny how dividing PoA is. I'm of the camp that disliked it. I felt, as others have said, that it feels out of place with the rest of the movies. It felt a little too small scale for me. I prefer to see epic tales as epics. It felt more like a tv style narrative to me. My favorite is Goblet, though I have not seen the latest one. I have gone back to watch PoA again since I know how dividing it is. I still have to stand by my view. I think the whole time-travel thing is really another point that kills me. Wouldn't the ability to turn back time be one of the most sought after and valuable things in the whole HP world? Wouldn't that be what everyone was really after? And yet it is casually given to a student so she can take more trivial classes, haha. Nerd alert, I know. That has just always bugged me about that movie.

Oct 6 - 12:29 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

Amen. Time travel? Why not go back in time and kill voldermort? I don't like Harry Potter and I didn't like POA; all I was saying Cuaron showed off his chops in POA despite the weak material.

and culter, Cuaron's direction made dreck watchable; therefore he is win.

Oct 6 - 02:38 PM

King Kubrick

Travis Earl

and culter, Cuaron's direction made dreck watchable; therefore he is win.

Oct 6 - 02:38 PM

deathtoedwardcullen

Lilly Haight

Fans of these movies seem to be divided into two groups:those whose faves were Half-Blood Prince and Prisioner of Azkaban and those who prefered Goblet of Fire. And those, who like me, just think Michael Gambon should die and rot in hell. Here's why the last two might satisfy both groups:
a)Deathly Hallows definetley has as much or more(probably more)action than Gobet of Fire, which is the main reason why it's so many peoples favorite.
b)But it also has a lot more of the 'people' element, which is what HBP and PoA people seem to like. Actually all the books have that, but its a little more central to the plot here.
c)The seventh book was a lot of peoples favorite.
d)It's the ending, and sometimes endings are liked whether or not they're good, just because they're endings.
My persona l opinion is that these ones should be the best, because MG aint there.

Oct 6 - 03:10 PM

Rorschach

Collin G

By splitting the movie in two, they can stick to the book like never before. The books have always been better, and now these two movies will have most of the book on film. I am very excited for this to come out.

Oct 6 - 03:44 PM

Mike_Nelson82

Brett Kochenower

The best Harry Potter movie is the one where he is abused by his adoptive family, yet is able to exact a small amount of revenge on them. After doing so, he is sent to Hogwarts, where an evil professor/former student wishes to exact revenge on Harry in the name of Voldemort. Also, there is a thrilling CGI scene of Quidditch.

Oct 6 - 08:22 PM

BrianMN

Brian Nallick

Half Blood was my least favorite.
Goblet probably my favorite.
I blame EVERYONE, fans and critics alike that said Goblet was TOO dark.
It was TOO scary.
SHUT UP!
The books get darker and darker and the movies should reflect that.
What did we get with HBP???
Goofy teenage angst.
It wasn't a bad movie but it concentrated on everything that was unimportant in the book.
Dumbledore's (you know what happens) felt like an afterthought and the ending was an atrocity.
The movie felt like a huge step backwards.
I hope he makes Hallows as dark as it's supposed to be.

Oct 7 - 02:17 PM

Alice Raiku

Alice Altamirano

I hope you realize saying this doesn't make you "cool" or seemingly more superior or intelligent in anyway.

Why comment on something you dislike? It's a waste of time.

Personally, I think the Harry Potter series and its movies are brilliant pieces of artwork derived from the mind of a very gifted and talented writer. I'm so sad knowing that in a couple years it'll all be over. There will be no more midnight premiers to attend with my friends, no more nights waiting outside Barnes&Noble to buy the new book in the series. I believe, though, that it's made such an impact on people's lives, mine included, that it will continue to give us the joy and frivolity it always has for many years to come.

Deathly Hallows is looking just as spectacular as those before it, and I can't wait to see my favorite book in the series brought to life on the big screen.

Oct 8 - 07:54 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel