—— Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

Eric B.
July 16, 2011
This film actually was my least favorite. They messed up the two best scenes from the novel; Uncle Vernon and Harry's cousin Duddley saying goodbye, and at the end of the film Harry Hermonie and Ron did not actually look that old in my opinion.
June 13, 2014
An extremely satisfying conclusion to the Harry Potter Franchise!
May 15, 2013
The saga comes to an end a very good way
June 8, 2014
After following the source material with utter dedication for so long, the final twist of the epic fantasy saga was sloppy and missed the mark on many occasions. Sticking to the descending darker atmosphere left no room to feel uplifted and happy of any sense of victory and triumph over evil. With an ending that tears apart many of the important messages portrayed in Rowling's novels, the final instalment concludes with a strong sense of betrayal and condescension.
June 11, 2014
Nearly perfect, except for a few corny moments here and there. The special effects are amazing, and the emotionally charged parts of the book are laid bare on the screen in all of their potency.
erinwoods1
June 17, 2012
Best Harry potter movie!!!
January 21, 2011
Un gigante y emocionante final para la serie insignia de la juventud de la primera decada del siglo XXI.
September 17, 2012
Harry Potter has been a main staple in my film life. And for it too end after all these years is depressing for sure, but if you're going to end it the end it well. And by god it has. Deathly Hallows part 2 offers the best action, spectacle and overall excitement of all the series and seeing all the characters and some vintage locations appear in one enormous film is pure awesome. Unquestionably the best Harry Potter film and although I'll miss looking forward to "the next Potter" i'll always be glad that the franchise ended with the best of the lot.
June 1, 2014
Best Harry Potter Movie Ever!
November 20, 2008
The final instalment wraps up the series well and while it's more so on par with some of the other better films rather than being the best; it's still a great closing chapter.
May 30, 2014
Truly the best fantasy book and movie series of all time! No words can describe. You either love it or hate it!
May 30, 2014
A pretty you-ish conclusion from David Yates, but not without its fair share of greatness.
William C.
May 30, 2014
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the concluding part to the Harry Potter series, and my what an epic ending this is. With big effects, battles and even massive giants this Potter fails to disappoint and could be said to be the best in this series. I enjoyed this from start to finish and with it's smart parts along with it's good old spell binding parts, we see a film that I think might just get on to some peoples favourite film of all time list. I felt this film was solidly great, and here below is why I felt that about it.

The story is smart, or maybe a better way to describe it is to say that the franchise really comes to a close, and drags some shocks with it. The thing is you don't see them coming at all, it really makes you think and then when you try to predict the ending, you just end up failing(unless of course you have read the book). I liked the pace of it, it is fast and light on it's feet, even though it is very dark throughout, what I did feel was that maybe it could have been in more places, but I think the book is to maybe blame for that, doesn't affect this move badly at all though.

This is the last time we get to see our heroes of Gryffindor, the villains of Slytherin and Voldemort etc, and of Hogwarts, but Radcliffe really goes out on a bang, he manages to act this one out well and it is fitting that his best performance as Harry came down to the last one. I enjoyed the cast in this and even when things seem dire, they all seem to be able to laugh at times and even pop out a few one liners which are as thrilling as they are fun. With this it is hard to judge the acting as a lot it is just on our heroes of the film and everyone else seems to only talk a little, although as a combined performance, this is one the best in a franchise film.

Directed yet again well by David Yates, he was really putting his mark down with every Potter he made, he seems to be able to mix the special effects and acting well to create a film that isn't cringe to look at nor annoyingly over the top with effects, they seem almost real at times. The effects as said are brilliant, best of all the film and for good reason(which you will see around the middle of this film), they see, to just improve every film and even things such as fire seem to be more defined and almost as if the creators really set things on fire.

The only point of criticism I think this film could attain is the way it is set up with only Hogwarts really in the film and very little else, of course as you will see they have to be there but I couldn't help feel the halls get a little boring after a little while. To be fair though, Hogwarts is the definition of Potter magic and if we wouldn't have seen it, then I guess we would be very sad to see it go without a goodbye.

Potter series fans should like this the best out of all of them, it boats so much, now if you like the lightness the first two bring then you won't like this but if you just in general love anything Harry Potter, this should be your highest rated. If you don't like it so much, then still please, watch this one as it just is a great film, smart, active and doesn't die down until the very end as it seems the film doesn't want to slow down, if anything it wants to speed up in every new scenes, works well though.

Overall I give this a 8.3/10, it is Solidly a Great and Excellent film, not quite Superb but is definitely the best Potter by a little bit. It boats a lot of things that blockbusters need to be rated well, now the Potter series wouldn't be the same without this film, it brings a magical adventure to a close and you generally might end this with a slight tear in your eye or at least feel, especially if you were a child growing up with this, that a part of your childhood had just ended, just awesomely good stuff.
September 27, 2012
This movie is just awesome. The most earnest, heartfelt hollywood blockbuster to come out since the Lord of the Rings. Movies like this hardly ever come around. The film's shortcomings are mainly that it should never have been split in two and that it is the emotional climax of a franchise that really wasn't very good into it was about 2/3 of the way through so it didn't carry the emotional weight that it could have if the first 4 movies had been better. All said and done however, this movie is magical.
August 2, 2011
The grand finale of a great series of movies. Probably the best of them all.
Alex Suszko
August 10, 2011
It is very difficult make a long movie series and have the last one in the series be the best. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows-Part 2 is an excellent example of how you end a series.
May 26, 2014
I CAN WATCH THIS ALL DAY. ALL DAY.
July 3, 2011
Can't wait. just finished rereading all 7 books and am looking forward to seeing it brought to life visually
agoriky789
May 24, 2014
Simply wonderful, I won't waste more words.
DanOMovieguy
November 15, 2013
Deathly Hallows 2 is in every way more exciting and better made than its predecessor. I was ridiculously I pressed by everything this movie had to offer. It's emotionally satisfying, with some really emotional deaths. It's visually spectacular and completely thrilling. The acting is phenominal, the battles are epic, and the movie is literally perfect in every way. It ties up all the loose ends in the franchise, leaving almost no questions to be asked. It is compelling, making you really root for the heroes to overcome Voldemort and his followers. It's a dark movie with some funny moments, and it takes the book and adapts it perfectly. Fans will love it, audiences will be satisfied, and everyone who sees it will not be able to help how impressive the movie is. All the characters are given full arcs, some rising above the others (Neville Longbottom really shinning as a true hero this time) and makes for one of the greatest movie's I have ever seen, and definitely makes for the best Harry Potter movie. You've grown up with these characters, and you'll be sad it's all over. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 gets 5/5 stars (A+).