Critic Review - New York Post

Brought me straight back to one of the most enduring of childhood feelings: boredom.

August 5, 2007 Full Review Source: New York Post | Comments (10)
New York Post
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

soda&candy123

Harry Tisdale

I have to disagree! I thought this was a great film! Action, great performances, good message, and more! So I think that this movie was a excellent film!

May 3 - 11:28 PM

HARRYPOTTERISLOVE

Cindy Harrison

THEN DON'T GO WATCH IT.

May 23 - 06:14 PM

HARRYPOTTERISLOVE

Cindy Harrison

AS FOR THAT MATTER, DON'T GO SEE ANYMORE OF THEM!! YOU NON-HARDCORE HARRY JAMES POTTER FAN!!! CRUCIO!!!!

May 23 - 06:15 PM

Austin C.

Austin Coppernoll

Jeez! You Harry Potter fans really like to go far on insulting every critic that rated a movie in the series rotten. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Harry Potter fan myself and love the series just as much as the next guy, but this series does tend to falter and slow down at times. This one in particular. I'd have to agree with Smith somewhat on this one, but it still had its great moments and pulled out exceedingly well despite a small change of crew.

Jul 5 - 11:41 PM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

here's my problem, the book wasn't solely about the story, it was meant to explain the world better, the was an intelligent 15 year old would be able to grasp the corrupt government and verbal abuse, as well as a dark path in front of him. This movie told an interesting story from the book, but it skipped out on developing the storyline and created a Harry that knows things about the rest of the world that we never saw him learn. It was then when Harry was distanced and was suddenly knew everything about what was going on (Like Doc. Brown or Dumbledore) instead of clueless and needing explanation (Like Marty Mcfly or book Harry)

Aug 20 - 05:09 PM

Jason Anderson

Jason Anderson

I think its the screenwriter's fault. Its not the same guy from the first 4, and considering its the longest book of the series, its no wonder it lacked.

Jul 1 - 12:08 PM

Austin C.

Austin Coppernoll

Jeez! You Harry Potter fans really get into this don't you. Sure, the Harry Potter series is great and I'm just as much of a fan as the next guy, but I admit that some parts of these movies tend to falter. This one in particular. I'd have to somewhat agree with Smith on this one but there are still some great parts about this movie.

Jul 5 - 11:33 PM

Reyna Nayee

Reyna Nayee

FREAK!

Jul 3 - 12:48 AM

Darius Faraji

Darius Faraji

You must have had a boring childhood asshole..

Jul 29 - 10:03 PM

Domenico Venezia

Domenico Venezia

Actually this was the worst film of the franchise

Sep 13 - 08:40 AM