Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Reviews

May 5, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time
½ September 2, 2014
87%
In "Prisoner of Azkaban," director Alfonso Cuaron does away with the colorful aesthetic of the first two films, and in the process crafts a more compressed, well-acted addition to the series.

V: 77%
April 24, 2016
In life, we are taught to not trust criminals and treat them badly. But maybe we should rethink that. Maybe the criminal will be the one to protect you and save you in the end and be kinder to you then your own family. Maybe the people or 'creatures' you thought were once innocent aren't so innocent anymore. In the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, you will see people getting misjudged because of what people thought. That's why I like the movie so much is because of the life lessons it teaches us.
June 5, 2009
Re-watched. (After I've finally read the books!) Review soon.
April 17, 2016
One of the best film adaptations of Harry Potter. Directing was so good you'd wish Cuaron directed the last two HP movies instead.
April 12, 2016
A little weaker than the last film, but still staying true to the spirit of the original story!
October 1, 2013
As a kid, I always thought of this film as the "okay" film in the franchise. Watching it again as an adult and watching it after studying about the director Alfonso Cuaron, I see it as an amazing film and one of, if not the best in the franchise. You can immediately tell that this is a different take on Harry Potter than the previous two installments. Gone are the days of cute sorting hats and bright colourful qudditich games. This film is much darker in it's tone, it's score, it's themes of redemption and sacrifice and even it's colour palette. It's often very grey with lots of dark colours. The acting took another giant step forward especially in the scene in the Shreiking Shack. I also like how the finale is not some duel like the previous two. Not that the other two weren't entertaining but this whole segement is suspeneful and intriguing. Overall, you can tell that this film franchise would change for the better once it was handed from Chirs Columbus (famous for his children's films like The Goonies and Home Alone) to Alfonso Cuaron, a director known for making violent gritty dramas in Mexico. Someone with a different style who was more focused on the story, characters, acting, and scene direction than fan service. In the end, what he created is what most fans claim to be the best film in the series.
July 3, 2011
As Harry Potter films go this is the point of change for the series, finally a film to serve the series justice. The director makes a sweeping fantasy of the book and in doing so brings a darkness that the first two books missed. The series was in much need of adjustment and with this movie came a more adult approach that would carry on through the series. The book was also my favourite so having such a meaningful adaption is brilliant.
March 30, 2016
Childhood nostalgia does totally not affect this rating.
½ August 6, 2012
My favorite Potter film by far..
March 30, 2016
Best one by far, dark and mysterious. My favorite one of them all.
March 28, 2016
Thanks to the amazing direction of Alfonso Cuaron, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban makes up for it's many storytelling faults with a fantastic visual style, a maturing tone and unique elements that only he could have invented.
June 19, 2011
More darker and better than the first two, Great effects, Maybe the whole time travel thing was weird but it was explained well, Finally an entry I enjoyed allot.
July 7, 2007
We learn more about the past of Harry's family and the friends of his family and gain a better understanding of how his past will shape the future. Time travel and werewolves are other things that make this a decent film. I Love all the Harry Potter Movies
March 21, 2016
The best of the Harry Potter films, and the first to get the tone of Rowling's universe perfect.
March 9, 2016
Darker, better acted, and awesome, The Prisoner of Azkaban is a movie for everyone!
December 11, 2011
Strange and eerie yet surpasses its predecessors with its unique and cool style. It has a very interesting vibe that works and moves the story to an even more serious and impressive level.
January 8, 2014
Btitpribhtfjjvghhgg
Ufofpoekkfkskfkkdldkdkkddkkdskkdldkdkkcmwmf

(65655556555556.,,£:,,£:,,£,,£&,,£,,£&,,£,,£,,£&,,£&&
February 20, 2016
I would say this Harry Potter is a Mistry movie because who is the prisoner of Azkaban? If you want to know you should see the movie.
I would say kids should not watch this movie.
February 11, 2016