63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Hatching Pete Reviews

Todd S

November 5, 2009
It really is a shame that Disney refuses to release films that are a little edgier for young adults, because sometimes, they really do come up with a good story. The problem is that by the time they are done dumbing it down and disnifying it, the once promising story becomes a joke. that only 10 year olds seem to get. Hatching Pete is one of these film that have a really terrific storyline. With a little more realism and a little less Disney, it would have been a really spectacular film. Hatching Pete features two best friends, Cleatus (Mitchel Musso) and Pete (Jason Dolley) who are complete opposites. Cleatus is so outgoing that he is actually his local High School's mascot, while Pete is a loner, scared of his own shadow. One day Cleatus is injured and Pete sees that as an opportunity to get close to the girl he is afraid to talk to, so he takes his place as the mascot. When one is infatuated with a girl, it will drive them to do anything, and Pete puts on a hilarious show, that even inspires his team, the worst basketball team in the state. Cleatus quickly becomes a school celebrity and a target of bullies, but once it's discovered he's not the one inside the costume, the question becomes who is the mascot? The story was a really good mix of comedy, coming-of-age drama, and athletic competition. At it's core, I really did enjoy this film, but ultimately all the Disney crap manages to diminish it's quality. As for the cast, it's you're usual Disney cast, filled with a lot of beautiful people, only a couple of whom can actually act, and the star of this film is Jason Dolley. I always wondered why Disney keeps putting this kid on show after show, but now I know, he actually has some talent. He was charismatic and showed terrific range going from one personality to another in a relatively short time. While Dolley was fun to watch and even gave me a few laughs, the rest of the cast wasn't much to right home about. Hatching Pete is a terrific film for kids and some young adults, and while it has a story that adults would like, the Disney factor makes it somewhat unlikely that most will.
ilikemydinohead
August 24, 2009
Looked bad, but really, the commercial doesn't do it justice. Mitchel Musso and Jason Dolley both did a good job. The beginning was really annoying and unoriginal, but I thought there was a good use of suspense near the end.
July 2, 2009
I just watched this movie the other night while I was babysitting, and it was actually pretty funny. I like how everyones love for Jason's character is depending on the chicken outfit. It starts out with no one liking him. His best friend though starts out being the chicken, and he can't continue doing that job, because he has bad allergies so he asked Jason to continue his job for him. He says yes after a long hard thought. Before the whole chicken suit thing, he meets this wonderful pretty girl, and really wants to ask her out. The only problem with that was she was in a relationship. Throughout the movie, she breaks up with her boyfriend, and Jason's character thinks he might have a chance. On the other hand, the whole town really likes this new chicken man and finds out that Mitchel's character is not doing it anymore. Now they're all wondering who this mysterious guy is. At the end of the movie, he reveals his identity and Josie's character falls in love with him.

I particularly loved the ending to this movie. I thought it was sweet, and possible. What I mean by this is it can happen to anyone. Just gotta out your heart/mind to it. I would watch it again in a heartbeat.
jujubee610
May 29, 2009
The only reason I watched it was because my sister and i couldn't find the remote and we were too lazy to get up and change it. haha. DUMB MOVIE.
November 1, 2013
Better than other Disney movies.
December 9, 2012
A fairly decent Disney movie.
August 25, 2012
An okay but very used up plot.
garfield2710
October 14, 2010
Just like the other Disney films, the plot was predictable and unrealistic. The film was sometimes funny but they were unable to overcome the bad parts of this film.