The Haunted Mansion Reviews

August 1, 2015
Save some fun special effects, the film is inconsistent in tone and feels literally written by the creative department as opposed to actual writers
½ August 1, 2015
The Haunted Mansion is such a dreadful family feature that it fails to deliver laughs or offer scares
½ September 9, 2011
The spooks within the replicated atmosphere were sporadic with successful effects from the mortals' perspectives but rarely broke the screen, which makes them dull in contrast to the ride as the opportunity to be scary was squandered. However, the faithfulness was attempted with some tries as in to the story, elements and figures and somewhat enlarging the vision in an unbalanced flow, with humor as a bonus. Although inferior to both the ride and its next-door neighbor's more successful turnout, it's at least enjoyable to watch with little satisfaction. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
July 10, 2015
The jokes and the horror are on the viewer.
½ July 3, 2015
This movie has a good amount of acting talent in it, but the result absolutely dreadful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. As one reviewer put it, it's neither scary nor funny. Which doesn't leave much else. That's about all you need to know. I'll give it 1/2 star for the acapela-singing ghost busts.
June 11, 2015
The Haunted Mansion isn't funny, scary, or enjoyable. It's boringly directed and unbelievably silly how when the family comes to the mansion it takes them half the movie to realize that it's haunted. The plot is unoriginal too. Kids might enjoy it, but I think they'll prefer the ride more.
½ June 5, 2015
Of all the things, here's where I'll nitpick: When the children find a floating glowing ball and they instantly think that "it" wants them to follow it. Yeah, f*$# that float-y ball.
June 21, 2006
Just a flat-out stupid rediculous story. A stupid reason to bring the Disney park ride to the screen.
April 15, 2015
A rather smart Eddie Murphy children's movie that has enough strategy to even keep adults entertained.
½ April 1, 2015
This movie after seeing it recently isn't my favorite. As a kid i loved it but then re-watching it my opinion changed. I thought i would of liked it due to Eddie Murphy but i didn't the acting that the other people did was terrible and not good.
June 14, 2012
It's a kids film not a very good one. However, it has some fun moments.
½ October 20, 2012
While not the best interpretation of a cherished attraction like Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion does capture the charm and spirit of one of my favorite Magic Kingdom attractions
½ March 14, 2015
Rather enjoyable movie with some creepy moments and laugh out loud funny moments. Don't understand why everyone hates this movie. It's rather well made and well acted by Eddie Murphy in an interesting script. Check it out.
January 5, 2015
On sait très bien que c'est compliqué de faire des films d'horreur familiaux. Il n'empêche que Le Manoir Hanté et les 999 Fantômes en est un exemple totalement loupé, n'étant jamais surprenant, hilarant ou même divertissant. En effet, devant la telle vacuité d'un scénario écrit par l'auteur de "Elfe" (pas rien, tout de même), difficile pour Rob Minkoff de faire marcher son imagerie visuelle plutôt réussie et à l'épreuve de la décennie d'ancienneté du film, tant elle est au service de... rien. Eddie Murphy et Terence Stamp passent au travers d'un film qui ne les méritait pas, tandis que les autres font au mieux. Même Mark Mancina loupe son score... Un ratage complet.
Robbanflix
April 7, 2009
Not one of Eddie Murphys best movies but not one of his worse either so its definitely worth seeing atleast one time. I like fantasy / ghost movies so i did find some value in this flick but there are way better flicks out there. Its a movie for the whole family i would say , comedy fantasy style based from a disney novel. Decent story along with a fair acting. An average movie overall..
½ January 31, 2009
Terrible. The horror tricks used can hardly scare someone in this age (might have worked in the 1960s, I guess). The comedy track doesn't work either. Actual rating: -2/5.
November 30, 2014
Whilst most critics seem to hate it, I actually dont mind it too much. All a bit of family fun and Murphy and Stamp carry off their roles quite well.
November 8, 2013
Fun family movie to watch based on the Disney World ride in Florida, not academy Award stuff, but, still entertaining
October 28, 2014
Well acted movie, with an original story but predictable plot, no funny and no scary scenes
½ October 27, 2014
Eddie Murphy and his wife are real estate agents who receive a call to put a dilapidated old mansion on the market. Soon, they realize they are trapped in the house along with their kids by a series of ghosts. There is a mystery afoot, so they work as a team to figure why they're being held captive. Jenifer Tilly was used in role not suited for her, but it was nice to see a Don Knotts cameo. Silly, with well-done visuals, and few scares make this a decent one for the kiddos.