The Haunting of Molly Hartley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting of Molly Hartley Reviews

May 14, 2016
A haunting should be metaphysical; a horror movie should be rated R. Naming a mind game played by an entire town a haunting doesn't make it one,and garnering a PG-13 rating to boot lets you know this wasn't a movie for me. The only thing I enjoyed was the Jessica Lowndes appearance at the beginning which gave the rating a little boost.
February 12, 2016
So I am among a small majority that enjoyed this film... in my defense I purchased it for a very low price when a video store was going out of business. The less I pay, the less I expect to be entertained.
September 27, 2010
At the end she became a bad person, the evil possesed her and they had a happily ever after.

Not the end I imagined! The girl was really crazy and everyone around her too.
½ November 8, 2008
The Omen meets Suburgatory.
½ August 7, 2015
Wait. What just happened? And why? I am so confused...
½ October 30, 2014
The Haunting of Molly Hartley is one of the worst films ever made, with the ridiculous plot and even worse ending being dragged along by unimaginative directing and atrocious acting. It's so bad that it doesn't have the redeeming factor of being so bad it's funny, it's just painful.
January 4, 2015
Do the makers of these films realize that horror movies should have some cares in them? There's not even a jump scare in this. This should have been called 'The Disappointing Movie of Molly Hartley'. Or perhaps the title should should match the Scooby-Doo level of horror and go with 'Molly Hartley and the Case of the Horrible Ending'. It would have even been better with just some simple punctuation. The Haunting of Molly Hartley? The answer is No
Robbanflix
February 23, 2009
A low budget drama thriller movie which was decent for being yet another flick in its genre. Could have been better with more spooky stuff and better story perhaps. I would recommend it only if u can't find anything else to watch..
½ December 27, 2014
I'd say bizarre. I don't know... a horror film not terrifying, a private high school movie not as crual as usual... For Chace Crawford fans probably! (I am... so I've watched.)
½ November 11, 2014
It's just awful. A tired, overused plot with some stupid 'ghost' scenes slapped on. Totally HORRIBLE! 13/100
½ November 10, 2014
Sweet... the sequel comes out next year.
November 3, 2014
This was pretty good. I see the critics have 3% consensus, ouch. The ending is just completely awkward. The explanation for the inexplicable events is never really actually explained. Molly's one religious friend, who's a fanatic drowns in a pool of Holy water at a church, how ironic. I enjoyed the film, the suspense was great, you get plenty of teen angst.
½ September 21, 2014
ummm there are better ways to kill time , this movie isnt one of them.
August 10, 2014
starring someone who isn't Emily Browning.
July 12, 2014
This movie is both boring and a mess
½ September 18, 2012
Without a doubt, one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen. Poorly witten, poorly acted, boring and down right offensive. Pitiful excuse for a film. Its not worth anyones time.
½ January 19, 2014
This movie just didn't make sense. Especially the ending. This movie is a waste of an hour and a half of your life. Even though the movie was bad, the ending made it even worse.
February 12, 2014
One of the worst horror films to make the big screen.
February 9, 2014
Muy buen desarrollo pero el final es muy flojo y decepciona...
February 6, 2014
This film is kinda awful and lacking in sense. There's mystery there- But it doesn't get explored during the film or revealed at the end. Didn't get the ending at all. New school, People accuse her of being something (again, it never states what, sees her mum that's supposed to be locked up in a psychiatric hospital and her mum tries to kill her, random nose bleeds, some hot guy, and afterwards basically I was like ''What the hell did I waste money on.''