He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not Reviews

February 24, 2013
Audrey Tautou! I'm for it.
½ March 19, 2009
Beware of SPOILERS:

It's tough to agree to sit to watch a romantic movie. Not really my cup of tea. But then IMDb had described this as a Thriller too, and so I decided to give it a go. And I'm glad I did. A simple story of troubles arising out of an infatuated teenager's misinterpretations of a married doctor's feelings. However, it's the slick execution that elevates the tempo of the plot & helps maintain the interest in this simple story. I liked how the writers made it as realistic as possible (instead of offering it as a no-brainer entertainer), and made such a crazy story believable enough with relatively few plot-holes. First, the story is told from Angélique's point of view, and thereafter the real circumstances are revealed. Although they don't come as twists as you kinda know what's in store, the effect is still amazing. I didn't like Amelie, but this one's exceptionally good. Indeed, well worth the risk. I was prepared for yet another disappointment, but it didn't come to that. It succeeded in overcoming my negative expectations. Entertaining stuff & a splendid experience. Of course, time & mood has played their role in it too. Some other day, I might have panned this flick for the very same reasons I appreciated it. Mood swings. For now, it's 7/10.
½ December 17, 2012
There were several parts to the story that just didn't strike me as very realistic. Moreover, the drama is not that dramatic -- I found myself slightly bored.
October 31, 2012
It twists genres, and the film itself is somewhat demented. Which was why it was great
October 28, 2012
A movie about two different perspectives. Since I am close to someone who is building a new world inside her head in a similar way as the main character in the movie that added an extra layer to my viewing experience. Whenever I hear the one song in this movie from now on I'll be thinking back on this movie.
½ October 12, 2012
must watch it!! very clever
September 2, 2012
?????? ???? ????? ?? ?????
August 8, 2012
Audrey Tautou does an excellent job. The way she can act so innocent...
August 30, 2011
Nothing is what it seems......Trust the French to come up with such an unusual 'love' story. Intriguing.
DrStrangeblog
December 14, 2008
Excellent, completely unexpected twist in this French romance-thriller with the plucky Audrey Tautou in one of her first starring roles following Amelie, a casting choice which the film I believe cognizantly used to take clever advantage of our expectations. The less you know beforehand the better - for one thing, DO NOT watch the misleading trailer! - and those who enjoy it the most will have paid attention during the first half.
January 23, 2012
Bunny-boilertastic! Need to stick with it past the first half hour mind.. ;)
½ May 9, 2011
First it seemed like a silly movie. There is, clearly, a huge exaggeration on Angelique's part: she lives an obsession with a man who, apparently, does not love her and neither loves his wife. Then, there is a twist, and it all makes (no) sense, when we become aware of what Loic and his wife go through because of Angelique. This movie depicts beautifully a scenario of insane obsession, and the apparent innocence and sweetness of the main character not only postpones, at first, our perception of what is really going on, but also makes us wonder why does she act like and on and on if Loic doesn't care about her. The twist is disturbing but also the reason why the movie is good.

Keywords: obsession, erotomania, twist.
December 9, 2011
Can't say much about this movie, out of respect for the narrative, but creepy and depressing, yo!
November 27, 2011
Audrey is amazing playing a psycho
October 2, 2010
That was a story about a mental condition called Erotomania (wiki it). It is very interesting.
½ September 25, 2011
A genuinely suspenseful thriller with great acting, a haunting plot, and an even more haunting ending.
½ June 7, 2011
Decent movie, with an interesting twist that I wasn't expecting. A gimmick maybe, but a cleverly employed one that works thanks in no small part to the smart writing, and good performances. As typical for most French fims, this was a little slow...but ejoyable enough.
½ May 2, 2011
I was so surprised as the story unfolded.
½ April 30, 2011
Just watched this last night. Not what I expected AT ALL. Even though I wasn't sure about the technique at first, it definitely pays off.