97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Head in the Clouds Reviews

September 12, 2007
The film feels more at home with sex than war, like a romance novel where the swinging lovers find their passions stirred by bombs exploding in the distance.
December 26, 2013
A romantic story with important world events in the background - for me too much romance, not enough background.
Red L

October 8, 2013
Head in the Clouds is OK. What are you going to do when you meet your soulmate? Even the ending is believable, although I've seen the same ending in a few WW 2 movies.
September 16, 2013
All the beautiful and the daring are here. Why wouldn't I love this movie?
REM.
June 10, 2013
Not a bad film -good rental.
April 8, 2013
Not even the stunning beauty of Penelope Cruz and Charlize Theron can make up for such a disappointing and pointless movie.

At first sight, I thought the director was a genius: put together the crystal, perfect beauty of Charlize Theron with the passionate, sexy charm of Penelope Cruz -an unmissable mix!
Unfortunately, after a while it is clear that the director might be really good in marketing, but very disappointing in DIRECTING! The storyline is just ridicolous, the characters have no depth and the male protagonist will always be remembered as "that guy who once acted with Penelope and Charlize".

A pleasure for the eyes, but that's all.
January 28, 2013
It was within touching distance of good but ultimately left me feeling meh.
January 8, 2013
I think there is chemistry in all three characters, however it gets slow in some parts, perhaps those extra 13 minutes could have been edited out.
hipsterfilmreviews
December 21, 2012
Warning:
Firearms
Execution
Blood
October 9, 2012
this war epic was too melodramatic and the storytelling and characterization, wanting. plus, what's with the title? but ahem, hold your horses, this slightly long-winded movie Was quite the engaging watch (yes, somewhat enjoyed it) and just like
ice cream and chips, a guilty pleasure.
the 'ice cream' and 'chips' here - charlize theron and penelope cruz . the penelope character was really just an 'accessory' but who cares, she set the screen on fire whenever she came on ( that limp was really unnecessary though, mr director).

three quarters into the movie, i thought 'lust, caution' ?

ok, tis just me but i thought it might've made one helluva better movie if it had gone Gilda & Mia instead, exit sappy Guy!
July 23, 2012
Ooh, a very good movie. A must see.
July 15, 2012
Chassés-croisés amoureux sur fond de guerre d'Espagne et et de 2ème Guerre mondiale, de sacrifice, de peine, de douleur, de mort, et d'amour plus fort que tout.
June 8, 2012
Great, great movie & highly underrated! To see Charlize Theron in a bathtub was worth it alone, but there is a great script written & some interesting "twists"...well done!
February 29, 2012
I have always believed our first duty is to ourselves to live life to the full.
But I have also been haunted by another conviction the everything is preordained, lying in wait... and time is running out.
February 27, 2012
First there are Charlize Theron playing a rich heiress and Penelope Cruz a Spanish dancer, both looking tike the true stars that they are. Stuart Townsend completes the trio which never quite becomes a literal menage-a-trois in this love story which one reviewer aptly compared to a hot fudge sundae. The setting is Europe before and during WW 2. It is a lavish and romantic story that I found thoroughly enjoyable in the great tradition of Hollywood movies. Great escapist fare with just enough literary content to make it worthwhile.
August 3, 2009
Very sad. I felt bad for Stuart Townsend's character. Charlize Theron didn't do a bad job either, her part was very convincing. I kind of wish she had a little "foreign twang" to her to put the cherry on top though. This is why Peneolpe's character was all the way sold with me, I totally bought her. Charlize was good, just wasn't 100% with me. The 2 of them are the reason why I chose to view the film in the 1st place, so good job on the casting directors.

I wish I could've seen Penelope a little more though, but she probably wasn't that big 5 years ago like she is now. I did, however, expect something to boil between her character and Stuart's a little sooner than it did, and when it did that was it. I was expecting more of a love triangle story and entanglement between the 3, that's where it felt like the filmmakers were leading the story to. But, it strayed away, and then further away from that idea, which kind of let me down.

The movie kept my interest throughout. I'd only watch it again though if like I had a few friends over and they wanted a different feel of a narrative to view. It's one of those poetic sob stories. Like I mentioned before, it's really puts you in a sad mood in the end.

The Spanish Civil War is a great subject to shed a little light on, so I'm glad this movie was made. It's a miracle if a movie even makes it to production, let alone getting distribution so the common person has the opportunity to view the film. But it sucks, and I'm living proof of it, that we have to rely on big names to sell most movies. I totally fell into this and decided to view it because of the names in the film. That's just business though, I totally understand.
January 21, 2012
This film...I have vague memories of watching it but cannot remembrr any of the plot!
January 2, 2012
nawet penelope nie pomog?a tej g?owie
November 28, 2011
I like all three main actors. It was pretty boring though and pretty depressing. I hated the way it ended.
ayeshaesque
August 22, 2011
You certainly need patience to sit through the movie and if you do you'd realize what a wonderful movie that was about the love and friendship of three people.