Header

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Header Reviews

January 13, 2012
For starters, don't watch Header unless you are one of my twisted film fans. Header is pure exploitation fare filled with sexual depravity, brutal violence, and a truly twisted sense of humor. Header concerns a West Virginia ATF agent whose sick girlfriend requires expensive medications to help offset her condition. To pay for her medications, the agent begins to compromise his morals and begins to slowly descend into a dark world of criminality. Simultaneously, a convict gets released from prison and reunites with his backwoods grandfather who has a strong desire for a perverse form of revenge known as a header. I won't give away what it is, although the film does early on. But I will say that it is truly depraved. Header aims for style in various parts, which it never quite achieves, but it is twisted exploitation fare at its finest: a blend of human drama with backwoods horror and completely black sense of humor coalescence into a thoroughly entertaining and brutal piece of trash.
Eric S.
June 30, 2009
I discovered Edward Lee a few years ago. I heard this story was one of his best, so I've been keeping tabs on the movie. I picked up a copy from Camelot books. I heard there might be a re-release of the book, which is great since the only copies i've seen go for 50 bucks.

I had no idea what a Header was. This is some SICK stuff. I'm having a screening of it on the 4th of July for a bunch of friends.

If you like sick, twisted, sexually perverse violence, then this movie is for you. I LOVE Grandpap. "You ain't worth two squirts of p*ss from a dead dog's d*ck." His character is so whacked.

Great story too. Lee really knows what he's doing when it comes to redneck horror. And the director ( Flancranstin )did a good job with it. I was shocked. You can tell it's an indie, subject matter alone, but it's got to be one of the better indies I've seen. Definitely not for the squeamish. It's nuts. And the ending was GREAT. I don't know how Lee came up with it, but I'm so glad he did.

I highly recommend seeing this flick with friends. Great time.
HorrorFan09
March 26, 2010
Definitely the most fucked up hillbilly/redneck movie I've ever seen. Backwoods families apparently hate each other so bad that they are willing to do the nastiest shit they can possibly think of to eachother. If you want to know what a header is, give it a try, otherwise....
Matt S.
February 21, 2010
Garbage, that is the one word that could be used to sum up this movie
KWLO7
August 2, 2009
Wow this movie was simply terrible. All it is, is some grotesque twisted acts done by some idiot hillbillies, and a cop that gets mixed in with it. The story was lame and quite boring, i had to just skip through most of it. The dialog was just unbearable. I think i loss some brain cells just listening to these characters. The acting... what acting? from what i saw there was none, and if there was it was pathetic. Though you can't really blame them with this kind of trash for a movie. There was just no entertainment value whatsoever. The movie will only appeal to those with some sick gore fetish. Come on who in their right mind would want to see brain-humping? As for it being called a horror movie, its not. Its a snuff film, there isn't one moment that's thrilling nor scary for it to be deemed a horror movie. I really wish i hadn't stumbled upon this film. I read about two-three comments about it and they were positive. Totally baffles me how anyone, besides a pervert, would enjoy this movie. Even the focus on gore and sickness of the characters as the defile another human being was lame. Oh wow he killed another person and is having sex with a hole in their head... yawn. Overall rating: Bad movie

You are better off not watching this film.