40% As Above/So Below Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Hedwig and the Angry Inch Reviews

July 6, 2007
Messy. Just didn't like it.
March 3, 2013
A musical about a botched transsexual punk rock German touring America. At times shocking and often quite funny with some really strong numbers this is an unusual but entertaining musical. The story doesn't really develop beyond the brief synopsis though.
January 16, 2013
This movie/musical was great. It was funny, thick, and in your face.
January 10, 2013
Beautiful visuals and odd yet very touching story line.
December 30, 2012
Great music and idea. I don't understand why I did not enjoy this one!!
December 28, 2012
OUT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 3, 2012
Absolutely stunning. Great music, a clever script and an outstanding performance from Writer/Director/Actor/Actress John Cameron Mitchell. SCREW YOU, ROCKY HORROR!
November 30, 2012
A beautiful cinematic treat. Not Hedwig cause as cross dressers go 6 out of 10 but for anyone wanting to see how to make a entertaining low budget film this one is a must. Location planning, low end graphics, costume design all worked to give the viewer less to be angry about. You can like it for its camp or swoon misty eyed at the end but for a number of reasons you will enjoy this film and appreciate the skill of doing a lot with a little. And yes the pun is most definitely intended.
December 5, 2012
Prodigious & fascinating, One of those movies that I can't find the right words to describe it, Far better that Mitchell's sex film project,Shortbus, & ofcourse has an amazing soundtrack, Just watch it with and open mind
November 16, 2012
Astounding! Stupendous! I loved every minute!
Noah Abraham G.
May 27, 2012
An incredibly overrated film. Although the acting is good, and some of the moments are quite touching, the songs are bad and the film suffers from having an unbearably unlikable lead. Not as bad as "Rent", but that's not saying much.
July 24, 2008
I won't rate it, but it's a crazy film, very fun.
September 30, 2012
6 inches forward and 5 inches back I got a I got an angry inch.
September 22, 2012
a very entertaining rock and roll movie
September 11, 2012
a sureal journey through the eyes of a strugling muscision. Struggling with things far beyond fame.
August 27, 2012
I don't like modern musicals, but I love this movie and the soundtrack. It's easily better than Rocky Horror.
Alli Adele
August 24, 2012
A great glam rock musical with a heart. Hedwig is the at times incredibly sympathetic transsexual underwent a sex-change operation to escape his life in communist Berlin. The sex-change goes wrong leaving her with a "one inch mound of flesh" when she takes off with a G.I to America who then leave her for another boy. Hedwig is broken but takes a liking of a Jesus Freak who has an interest in rock and teaches him everything she knows. However, soon betrayed again she follows in pursuit touring with her band 'The Angry Inch' after the man she still loves. Hedwig has great music, its fun, fresh and genuinely a good story. The film challenges gender barriers and allows the audience to understand that they do not have to be held back from there dreams, that there is hope for everyone, and to never give up on what you love and to always be yourself.
August 14, 2012
Hedwig and the Angry Inch is simply an outstanding film. The direction by Cameron-Mitchell, and music from Stephen Trask are both incredible. The film has a perfect balance of humour, emotion, music, and a satisfyingly ambiguous finale. Everyone should see this film.
March 12, 2008
I had very low expectations for this movie and was completely surprised by how much i enjoyed it. Incredibly touching and moving dashed with quirky humor