67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Heist: Who Stole The American Dream Reviews

Byron B

March 19, 2012
I saw this at the Cleveland International Film Fest 2012. There are interesting graphics and historical clips, photos and documents to clearly show the economic deregulation that has led to the recent financial crisis. The movie was completed before the Occupy Wall Street movement really began. These protests will surely come to viewers' minds. This doc is likely to rile up emotions.
June 12, 2014
This is an excellent movie that everyone should watch! I recommend it highly!
July 18, 2013
This is a must see........................
December 13, 2012
A crash course in how our economy has been operating, ...and what we can do about it.
October 26, 2012
Everyone should see Heist twice.... or more. It's very intense and very condensed, and well worth seeing.
September 8, 2012
What an incredible film! A movie that finally explains in real language what happened to we the 99%. It really helped me to understand how the 1% stole our money, i highly recommend you see it.
Cecile  P.
September 6, 2012
Wanna know why so many people are sleeping in doorways? Wanna know why 10 million folks have had their houses foreclosed this year? Wanna know why your nest egg is not worth even half of what it was four years ago when the US Mint started its printing orgy? Take a look at HEIST. Everything you ever wanted to know about your government-sponsored rip off is there frame by frame.
September 6, 2012
Heist fills in the blanks that other films, like Inside Job, left empty. The film goes into the events in the decades leading up to the economic crisis, leaving the audience with a fuller understanding of how we got to where we are today. It features interviews with a variety of politicians, economic/political commentators, and everyday people who have been affected by the crisis. Easy to understand and appealing to viewers of all ages, whether you were born in the age of FDR or Occupy Wall Street.
September 5, 2012
The film connects the dots of how America's economy and politics were hijacked by the 1% and corporations. If you want to understand why elections are now the playground of the rich and powerful, you must see this movie.
Gregg L.
September 5, 2012
Finally, an easy to understand documentary that tells the truth about the economy. I love that both sides of the political aisle are equally criticized.
Scoutron Commentron
August 31, 2012
A great film to see if you're wondering why you had to give up so much in this recession. This film follows the downturn of the economy beginning with a secret memo circulated by Justice Powell. From there you learn how congress and the media were bought, unions were attacked, jobs were outsourced, and corporations and banks were given absolute power while the middle class was left with nothing. You leave with a well-rounded understanding of how we got into this situation and what we need to do to get out. A perfect examination of all of the issues to better inform yourself in economics and politics!
February 28, 2012
Great new film that explains well why the economic elite deliberately created the recession.
dave b.
February 26, 2012
the American Dream was about to come to an end, so it was time for one last big score. It was musical chairs, and everyone who ended up owning a house or apartment was a guaranteed winner. And if you couldn't swing that, it was time to jump into the stock market for a different trip to a wealthy future. Some people knew and were playing it for all it was worth, and now we're just another third-world country, fighting with the braceros to get food on the table. Don't watch this movie if you don't want to see who engineered it and came out of it richer than ever.