Ron Perlman Still Hoping for Hellboy 3

Summary

Legendary Pictures, are you listening? Back to Article

Comments

Synyster_Gates

Michael Patrick

I enjoyed the Hellboy films and I'd love for another.

Jul 3 - 02:01 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Me too

Jul 3 - 04:02 PM

greg b.

greg baltzer

Dido. I've been wanting a third one for a long time. I even have the Hellboy Animated movies.

Jul 3 - 06:06 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I really liked the animated Hellboys, in many ways I thought that format suited the character better than live action.

Jul 4 - 05:02 PM

Dave J

Dave J

I agree- turn it into a trilogy! The last one consisted of many unusual looking demons that couldn't make it to "Pan's Labyrinth"! A third should contain even more unusual looking demons with strange features of course!

Jul 4 - 12:10 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Me too

Jul 3 - 04:02 PM

greg b.

greg baltzer

Jul 3 - 06:06 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jul 4 - 05:02 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Did Hellboy 2 make enough money? Otherwise the studios won't bother.
And that's a shame the two films are pretty good.

Jul 4 - 08:25 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

it made about 160 mil total and had a budget of 85 mil

Jul 4 - 08:29 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Then I think it was profitable, no? Unless the marketing costs were too high, which I don't think they were.
Oh well, let's hope they make a sequel soon.

Jul 4 - 08:42 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

It also made 44 mil in dvd/bluray sales so money really wouldnt be the issue.

Jul 4 - 09:10 AM

King  S.

King Simba

It was profitable, just not the kind that has a studio begging for a sequel. It came off as kind of a disappointment to the studio because they were hoping the strong DVD sales of the first would result in a similar case as Austin Powers, where the sequel showed a massive increase over the first. However, someone in charge thought it would be a good idea to release Hellboy 2 a week before The Dark Knight, which really hurt it.

Hopefully though, the strong DVD sales of the second will convince the studio to let Del Toro continue with Hellboy 3 whenever he wants to do it.

Jul 4 - 12:42 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

it made about 160 mil total and had a budget of 85 mil

Jul 4 - 08:29 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Oh well, let's hope they make a sequel soon.

Jul 4 - 08:42 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

It also made 44 mil in dvd/bluray sales so money really wouldnt be the issue.

Jul 4 - 09:10 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Jul 4 - 12:42 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Oh well, let's hope they make a sequel soon.

Jul 4 - 08:42 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

It also made 44 mil in dvd/bluray sales so money really wouldnt be the issue.

Jul 4 - 09:10 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Jul 4 - 12:42 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

It also made 44 mil in dvd/bluray sales so money really wouldnt be the issue.

Jul 4 - 09:10 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I'd go see it at the movies, and I can't say that about many films so it's a shame if it doesn't get made.

Jul 4 - 11:07 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Jul 4 - 12:10 PM

King  S.

King Simba

Jul 4 - 12:42 PM

Fred Poisson

Fred Poisson

I wouldn't count on this film happening anytime soon, Del Toro's new film Pacific Rim at one time was hoped to be one of the bigger hits of the summer, boxoffice.com has been dropping their forecast for the film for the past several weeks and legendary seems to be managing their losses in advance of a bomb now

Jul 4 - 04:08 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jul 4 - 05:02 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I don't know..there was always just something so cheesy about Hell Boy that I couldn't get over. I like the spectacle of it, especially the performance by Pearlman...but everything else was just so silly. The Sequel was even worse in the "Seirously? Thats ridiculous" department.

Jul 6 - 11:29 PM

singlealice44atyahoo

Alice Hbell

singlealice44@yahoo.com add me for chat you can share your opinion there.

Jul 7 - 10:11 AM

singlealice44atyahoo

Alice Hbell

Hell-boy was crazy a movie i watch over and over again..

Jul 7 - 10:12 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Methinks that Hellboy 3 will depend on the financial success of Pacific Rim. So... go Pacific Rim!!!

Jul 8 - 09:27 AM

Archibald Bunker

Archibald Bunker

I see Spam boy is still posting what a meathead

Jul 8 - 10:21 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships