Critics Consensus: Hercules is Mighty Fun
Plus. Lucy is stylish but illogical, and And So It Goes is predictable.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- A Most Wanted Man, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Rachel McAdams in a spy thriller about an intelligence officer who methodically lays a trap for a terror suspect, is Certified Fresh at 89 percent.
- Happy Christmas, starring Anna Kendrick and Melanie Lynskey in a drama about a party girl who moves in with an old friend and upends her domestic life, is at 84 percent.
- The Kill Team, a documentary about the murder of Afghan civilians by a platoon of American soldiers, is at 83 percent.
- A Letter to Momo, an animated drama about a lonely girl who befriends three supernatural beings, is at 67 percent.
- A Master Builder, starring Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory in an adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's classic play, is at 67 percent.
- Woody Allen's Magic in the Moonlight, starring Colin Firth and Emma Stone in a romantic comedy about a magician who attempts to debunk those who claim to have mystical powers, is at 57 percent.
- Beneath, a thriller about a group of miners trapped in a collapse who turn against one another, is at 50 percent.
- Cannibal, a thriller about a high-end tailor and methodical killer of women, is at 44 percent.
- Ironclad: Battle for Blood, a period action film about a 13th century Celtic siege on a Scottish castle, is at 10 percent.
- Very Good Girls, starring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen in a drama about two best friends who fall for the same guy, is at six percent.