63% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Hercules Reviews

KJ P

July 24, 2014
"Hercules" has been attempted multiple times, but it is never going to measure up against the Disney classic, even though that to is flawed. This version is played by none other then Dwayne Johnson, and even though he is practically in every single Hollywood action film nowadays, his presence here is a bit stronger than other roles. My first thoughts going into this film were next to nothing, considering there is not much you can do with this material anymore and the poor addition of having Brett Ratner at the helm. Thankfully none of these aspects really hurt the film, instead it made it a bit more fun to watch, because every character had there dumb remarks throughout action scenes and you were able to forgive some of the stupidity shown on-screen. Most of the characters are given a backstory and for the most part their scenes are fine. At a very short 98 minutes, it does not seem to drag on, but it should have had a bit more time to explore this world in my opinion. In the end, I was left kind of empty handed, because the film sort of just ends, and on a comedic note at that which was odd. Overall, it has some really stupid writing with some sentimentality sprinkled throughout, the action is fun but really dumb, and the story is very streamline. It will eventually become a forgettable picture, but it is a fun watch.
July 25, 2014
Not even the best Hercules movie of the year, but not very hatable, lazy cheese with high self-esteem.
July 26, 2014
I was really expecting something grand and big, considering its a movie about a demi-god, but at the end of it all, I was left with nothing but expectations. To simply put it, it is an epic film that lacks "epicness."
July 25, 2014
The rock did a great job as Hercules, great action awesome story twist that no one expected. Could of been a little longer to throw in more action but over all a great movie!!
July 26, 2014
FABULOUS!!!! WONDERFUL TO SEE THE ROCK AND A GREAT CAST!!
July 26, 2014
Hercules is a fun and exciting movie. The Rock's performance as Hercules was solid.
NotEnoughSlavesInIt
May 1, 2014
this look like shit. the rock is a shit actor and a shit person. brett ratner is a shit director. But based on the reviews, my prediction for my rating for this movie is 76%.
July 26, 2014
By the mid point of the movie I desperately wanted to ask the Olivander for a free wand so that I could remove my memory of this rubbish and throw it into the sea. This has none of the depth of Braveheart nor the unabashed action of a Commando. This movie would make a paralysed man walk out of the cinema. It's that bad.
Jason G.
July 26, 2014
Even with the dumbed down dialogue, the action in Hercules is great and it turns in to a great popcorn movie.

Based on Radical Comics' Hercules, Brett Ratner brings Hercules to the big screen. The movie starts off with Hercules, who is played Dwayne Johnson, as Athens hero. He has already done his 12 labors. Then is comes to present time where Hercules leads a small group of mercenary's in battles so they can have gold. Eventually they make their way to Croatia where a king offers to pay them double Hercules weight to win a civil war. Its where one of Hercules biggest battles await.

Dwayne Johnson was physically built for this role and his acting in the fight scenes was amazing. His dialogue scenes are a little shaky but he got no help from the script. The dialogue was dumbed down enough to make everyone understand it. Some things are to simplified but the action sequences are amazing. The rest of the actors were decent in their roles, some standing out more then others. This movie did a great job of putting in so comedic relief scenes.

Who was the costume designer for this movie? The costumes were bad, especially Hercules'. His pecs on his armor were small and his abs started half way up his chest.

I think this movie is a great movie to see if you just want to sit down, eat some popcorn and watch an entertaining movie. I give this movie a 8/10.
May 1, 2014
I am down Open see this movie with my Dad?!!!
July 26, 2014
Fun action movie. If you take it at that then you will enjoy.
July 26, 2014
Wow, a Ratner movie I didn't hate.
Tyrannical K.
July 23, 2014
I'm interested to see how far this movies goes but the question is how interested is this movie keeping the attention of its audience. :/ we will see.......stay tuned for my personal opinion after seeing it on July 25th. Wow what a surprise, I saw this movie tonight and can I just say.....FINALLY A BEST MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!!! (at least in my opinion right now).....I was hesitant to see if the movie was gonna over exaggerate on a lot of things but instead (Spoiler Alert) the movie showed the misconceptions of mythology. From the beginning, Hercules takes you in with its tales of how heroic Hercules has become over time. Then the story takes you in this whole new direction about his team. Now I will admit this confused me momentarily even upset me but after some time I was able to stay with the pace of the movie. The movie kept things quick, witty and to the point, never a drab or boring period of time. The combination of myth being made more practical and an upbeat rate from scene to scene, makes for an enjoyable time at the movie, the action was the icing on the cake. Thank you Hercules for making my summer *tear drop* lol.
Sam M.
July 26, 2014
Whilst Hercules does impress on a technical level - its bland storyline, poor acting, disjointed plot and overlong action sequences only helps strengthen the sour taste left from previous cinematic entries of the title character.
July 26, 2014
Dwayne Johnson is perfectly cast and puts in a solid hulking performance, aided by the ever excellent Ian McShane and Rufus Sewell. Its just a shame the rest of the film isnt up to the herculean task. The action is generic, the story is derivative and it just feels like we have seen it all a thousand times before.

The 12 labours of Hercules, this is not. More like the 12 lies of Hercules. Dwayne and his merry men aside, this is a big dissapointment. Honestly, The Scorpion King is more entertaining.... and thats saying something.
July 24, 2014
Good story, very bad execution. Cliché-filled movie topped with the Rock trying as hard as he can to be a charismatic leader of sorts. The general tone of this movie is just ridiculous.
Geehaw W.
July 25, 2014
It really could have been a more serious movie or more on the comedic side and I would have liked it more. But overall Dwayne Johnson is still a badass.
July 25, 2014
Entertaining. Don't take it seriously.
July 25, 2014
Maybe not the best movie of 2014, but at least the best Hercules movie of 2014.
July 25, 2014
"Hercules is one of those movies that try to be new and try to be fresh but in the end it just fall in the same category that calls repetitive"

First i have to say that at first i thought this movie are going to be like bad or like meh but actually it's better than i thought it would be.

With the story that pretty entertaining and interesting , it's like a Maleficent in that kind of story that instead of using the old story , they create a new one mixing it and it just makes this movie a lot more interesting than it should be , so if you expected Clash of Titans or Wrath of Titans in this movie you'll not get it for sure (which is good thing i guess?) .

The casting are also really good in Hercules pretty much everyone is doing great like Dwayne Johnson aka. "The Rock" , Rufus Sewell , John Hurt , Aksel Hennie , Peter Mullan and my favorite Ian McShane still doing fantastic job in this movie. They all great in the movie and giving it so much light and heart

BUT even that i have to say that a lot of stuff in this movie is really repetitive like characters or story that even they try to mixing it and make a new cool story one it just still repetitive and predictable .

and another thing that just bugs my mind is Production Design that just looks pretty bad i mean if you saw the disaster Pompeii movie , it's kind of that bad buy Hercules may be a bit better.

Overall this is a pretty decent movie if you like the cast then go ahead and you probably not disappointed but don't go see it expecting to saw a lot of CG a lot of fighting like Wrath of Titans because you'll be disappoint for sure.