Sam Jackson's Top 10 New Classic Asian Films

Summary

Wondering if you've seen the latest, greatest Asian movies? Samuel L. Jackson is here to help: he's drawn up a list of his Top 10 New Classic Asian Films for Entertainment Weekly. Back to Article

Comments

Sadistik

J. P.

Sammy has some good taste. I like all of those films except for Azumi (fun, but meh).

Aug 5 - 08:26 AM

Oblivioncry

Danish Shaikh

yeah nice list, though i'd also put in memories of a murder and mabe even the host and the killer. but all in all not bad.

i still need to watch azumi and duelist.

Aug 5 - 09:26 AM

LordVapor

Justin Quarterman

Nice list, was also a nice list like 2 months ago when it was in the magazine...not really newsworthy...must be a slow news day.

Aug 5 - 10:10 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I wish I could find a version of Reservoir Dogs...OOPS, I mean City on Fire that isn't dubbed. . .

Aug 5 - 12:36 PM

bamb0o-stick

Jonathan Y

Wow, he has Infernal Affairs AND Hero on that list. I seem to respect this guy more and more now.

Aug 5 - 03:54 PM

tfortier

Thierry Fortier

Azumi? come on...

anyway, look like he prefer action movies!

Aug 5 - 05:13 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

Hmmm...I like the list alright and Sam Jackson is cool enough but why exactly is he an authority on Asian cinema?

Aug 5 - 08:17 PM

NEO-NOIR2X2

Dwight Rivera

SAM JACKSON IS THE MAN!!!! OLDBOY BITCHES HELL YES! Samuel has some great artistic tase for asian cinema I respect this actor more everyday he truly has been around for a long time in many movies some of my favorites (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, A Time To Kill) great choices Asian Cinema comes out with an asortment of rarity class films that american films cant compete with some of there films are just so unique and visually arresting like Oldboy, Hard Boiled, and Hero great films

Aug 5 - 10:36 PM

berzerker5150

Adam Murphy

I would have to add Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer, Violent Cop, The Host, and Versus to the list but I guess you can't have it all.

Aug 6 - 02:28 AM