He's Such a Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

He's Such a Girl Reviews

October 20, 2011
Nice little movie with no name cast. I found it fairly original for it's genre. Story is about a guy who has been in love with a girl for years, and "sort of" seeing her, but she keeps stringing him along asking him for more time. In the meantime, they have a male friend who lives with them, and is asking the girl for "favours" as he has a secret on her. I actually didn't guess the secret straight away.
It's very low budget, but it's well acted and fairly brief at around 80 minutes. I liked it.
September 23, 2012
He's Such a Girl is an odd little film about a young man who just wants answers in life. How do I describe this movie? The elements in this movie are mixing gay-lesbian love stories with drama. An odd mix when it comes to the two genres, but it nonetheless works. What makes this film unique is the relationships between the characters. You've got the relationship between the young man and his girlfriend, his girlfriend and her girlfriend, his girlfriend and her Christian family, and then his girlfriend and the other young man. A few plot points should be addressed that aren't. For example, the young's man father dies suddenly, with no explanation. Then when he meets his mother for the first time in a long time, she doesn't want to see him. And no explanation is given to us. However, it is a good movie, just not remember able. You could walk out of this movie thinking "What did I just watch?" It's a good movie to say the most, but ultimately forgettable.
October 22, 2011