• Unrated, 57 min.

Hey, Vern It's My Family Album Reviews

bug761
bug761

February 25, 2011
A must see. Jim Varney gets the chance to show off many different characters in this. In "Hey, Vern! It's My Family Album", Varney plays lovable Ernest, who wants to show Vern his family album. In it, he plays 'Corporal Davy Worrell and Company', "who saved the fort from Indian attack single handedly or with one hand or all by himself"; 'Ace Worrell', a somewhat crazy fighter pilot; 'Great Uncle Lloyd Worrell', one of the meanest men in the world and proud of it who actually named his son Mistake; 'Billy Boogie Worrell', the operator of the Scramblers who looks disco and sings it(rather well); 'Rhetch Worrell', a poker player and 'Pop Worrell', Ernest's 'Pop'. These are some awesome characters. 'Billy Boogie' is just one of my favorites. This is one of Varney's sexiest characters(including Varney himself). Watching him play 'Pop Worrell' makes me laugh until I cry and get a headache. 'Pop' just starts talking about whatever comes into his head and it makes no sense whatsoever but he is so hysterical. It's hard to believe that 'Pop' and 'Billy Boogie' are both played by Jim Varney as he played all his characters so distinctly. Varney was the master of disguise with hundreds of voices. He was truly blessed with many talents. If you don't have this, get it and watch it. Thank God for DVD's because a VHS would've been worn by now. It's a shame that most would pigeon-hole Varney as Ernest or an Ernest-like character because he could've done so much more if given a chance. But I will admit, I love Ernest and deep down, I think the Ernest character was Jim's true calling. And he played 'Ernest' so well, people confused Jim as really being Ernest when in reality, Jim had a genius IQ and was well read but he was sweet and down to earth like Ernest. Jim Varney lives on in my DVD collection and I will continue to enjoy them for as long as I breathe.
FilmGrinder S.
July 22, 2010
You have to be a huge fan of the late Jim Varney to appreciate this one. There's tons of impersonations, the best being that of iconic western types, such as The Duke and Walter Brennan. If your a fan of Ernest P. Worrell, pick this one up..."Every gawd dang one of ya".