Hick Reviews

May 13, 2012
ROTTEN TOMTOES GAVE TWILGHT 49 BUT THIS 0 intresting you get the point
½ June 4, 2015
I'm surprised at the low rating on here, despite the fact that I'm giving it one. Critics usually eat these movies up. But this one is trashy, creepy, unpleasant, and has a very asinine ending that gives a nice big middle finger to anyone who sat through it. Chloe Grace, as always, is the highlight. I've yet to see this girl in anything where she failed to bring something special and distinctive to the table. She's one of our finest young actresses. Eddie Redmayne also does a convincing job as an American psycho. But ultimately...no lessons learned here. Move on.
½ August 18, 2012
This could have been better. It should have been better. The performances from Redmayne in particular, as well as Moretz, Lively and Baldwin are excellent. Why then, did I just not care to watch?
½ October 22, 2014
Though I don't approve with the fact that Chloe was exploited. I still enjoyed it for some reason unknown.
April 13, 2015
A yawn fest to say the least. 'Hick' is promising with a star-studded cast including Chloe Grace Moretz, Oscar-winning Eddie Redmayne, and Juliette Lewis, but it doesn't live up nor does it showcase the raw, ambitious story it was supposed to.
January 13, 2015
Not too captivating...a snore. Too bad because it has some good actors.
November 20, 2014
It barely makes it, but "Hick" was worth taking the time to write a review for, if one can get over its awkward absurdities of its outlandish plot and cynical tone that overpowers any moments of fun or sentimentality. It's an interesting jumble.
September 17, 2014
Great acting, but... what else.

The story in this one sucked. A girl is in a horrible situation and tries to get out, but doesn't really have a plan and ends up in a worse situation than what she left. This one dragged on a bit too much without going anywhere.
½ August 6, 2014
There is an odd charm to this film, not the most perfect film, but I don't feel like I wasted my time watching it.
July 22, 2014
Idk I really liked it. It has dark and real elements without feeling too heavy. This movie reminds me of The Heart is Decietful Above All Things which was a lot more intense but had the same impact, sans the happy ending.
May 3, 2014
I seriously loved this movie!
½ May 11, 2014
ok indie road pic 3x posting this
December 8, 2013
This film is not as bad as it is made out to be however its not as good as it could have been. Chloe Grace Moretz has a great future ahead of her with the likes of Kick Ass, Poker House, Carrie, Let Me In and also this which shows her acting skill and ability to control the screen. In this she is a 13 year old from Nebraska who decides to leave home with her new Smith & Weston .45 she got for her birthday and tries to hitch a ride to Vegas. It is a very well written film with some good performances that just lacks the tension to make it a brilliant film
February 21, 2014
"You could grab the past and drag it with you like a bag of rocks. You can grab that new diet with grape fruits, and a brand new exerciser, and maybe that new washer-dryer set. You can grab and grab and grab, 'til your fists turn green. You can grab everything you ever wanted. Shake it. Try to make it go boom. Yeah, you can never ever grab enough. Pop!"
February 16, 2014
I wanted this movie to be more than it was, but I do like the way it all came together in the end.
February 8, 2014
I liked it because Blake is hot and Chloe is just darn "kick ass" cute!!!
½ January 29, 2014
While the cast does a nice job, they cannot save this film. In the end, i personally didn't really care for most of the characters.
January 12, 2014
I disagree with the bad reviews this film received. I thought the performance delivered by Chloe Grace Moretz was phenomenal. The plot of the film had me intrigued throughout, and the dark nature of the film made for interesting plot twists. Don't listen to critics, watch this film for yourself!
December 31, 2013
I liked this movie a lot which was surprising because of the poor reception but i was interested simply because Eddie Redmayne was in it.
Chloe Moretz was great along with the rest of the cast so this movie should be watched as an actors showcase but thats not to say the story was bad in fact it was great i love the fact that Derick Martini throws you in the movie with nearly no build up so instead of knowing Luli's personality you find out along with the movie.
Derick Martini's directing is very fluent without making the movie to flashy or to dull instead he doesn't make the visuals make the scenes but the actors and trust me they do.
I'll just end this here and say that the movie is completely over hated and underrated so do yourself a favor and go buy it.