Hide and Creep Reviews

½ April 13, 2013
Low-budget zombie flick with a redneck flair. Take a slew of unknown actors, throw them in a small town in Alabama where the Sheriff and Deputy are gone for the weekend leaving the civilian dispatcher in charge, add loads of zombies (with fair effects), and mix. Supposedly, horror and humor are the result. While neither of these happened for me, I almost enjoyed it enough to recommend but not quite.
March 31, 2011
This is a low budget feacher with some good punch lines. Something I would love to see with the same cast but a bigger budget.
February 6, 2010
A very funny low-budget zombie comedy which was obviously made by people who were having fun and enjoy the genre. Taking place in rural Alabama, a UFO crash lands spreading a disease that turns people into zombies. There are a few divergent stories which all tie together and each one is great in its own way. If you dont mind a total B movie, and horror and comedy are a great mix for you, check this one out. One of the best post Shaun of the Dead zombedies (along with Black Sheep, Fido, and Dead and Breakfast).
August 22, 2014
"Hide And Creep" is a zombie comedy from a southern-fried point of view on a very low budget. The film is directed by Chuck Hartsell and Chance Shirley, "Hide And Creep" actually forgets it is low budget horror and so did I. The story was pretty tight and well thought out and the humor was spot on throughout most of the film. This indie zomedy stars Chuck Hartsell, Michael Shelton, Kyle Holman, Chris Garrison to name a few in a story of the undead apocalypse with a Dixie beltway, twistedly funny, sense of humor. Residents of small Southern town Thorsby, AL contend with bloodthirsty zombies, a mysterious flying saucer, and bad television reception.

"Hide And Creep"starts off right out with a pretty eye opening first scene that makes you realize you are about to watch a funny f*cking zombie movie. I know it was a good flick because my boyfriend hates these funny zombie films and he watched it all the way through with a smile on his face! Yeah that is a big deal because the only time he will watch a horror is if it is serious and intense. I on the other hand like the whole box of colors in my horror kit. Anyway back to my review. There was a considerable and serious amount of attention paid to the story and getting it as tight as possible. It worked great. The humor was low brow, spoofy and smart. Even the actors recruited for this projected committed completely to their characters and a few took it over-the-top enough to stand out as super f*cking funny!

The special effects where really low budget-where talking back to Romero's original zombie film with the painted, ghoulish faces and few amp'd up zombies at all. It doesn't affect the quality of this film at all. The director owns this story and his budget completely and with the self-confidence of a Hollywood movie maker. You can when you have a good story that you believe in and the passion to do it justice. "Hide And Seek" is a true celebration of indie/low budget zombie movie making and as embraceable to the horror fan, zombie fan in particular, as "Night Of The Living Dead" and "Shaun Of The Dead". I completely enjoyed this film from beginning to end.
June 9, 2014
This film is strictly a comedy, and a very good one.
October 26, 2013
Honestly funnier then most adam sandler and eddie murphy movies.
½ April 2, 2013
bad makeup but good flick for the budget.
½ January 14, 2013
I was expecting something reached, but got something that was actually quite entertaining. I laughed a lot during this film. It's pretty low budget and doesn't have the greatest plot in the world, but the characters are fun. Plus, this was filmed in my home state, and it did give me a feeling of home. It's not a masterpiece, but it gets a thumbs up in my book.
December 25, 2012
Terrible make up, mediocre acting, but still hilarious. Great movie.
½ September 14, 2009
Hide and Creep though low budget is still an enjoyable movie and an overall thrill to watch. The characters are all likable, the humor is quick and never dull. It's not your run of the mill hit and miss horror/comedy films. All the Characters have unique personalities and only one of them you want to see get killed, she does and she barely has any screen time. I recommend this movie to anyone that is a fan of the zombie or comedy genre of films. It's a 2 in 1 special.
April 14, 2008
6.5/10. Funny low budget horror spoof, sort of a redneck Shaun of the Dead. Some very amusing moments. The cast seems to be enjoying themselves and do a good job. I thought it was very enjoyable.