Ryan Reynolds Confirmed for New Highlander

Summary

Reynolds lands the starring role in another franchise-in-waiting. Back to Article

Comments

daftfunk

Mircea M

He better have one heck of a supporting cast for this because Reynolds can't anchor a movie on his own.

Jun 27 - 02:21 PM

Dave J

Dave J

I agree and for some strange reason he still looks like a young boy who happens to have a great physical presence! And besides that Christopher Lambert is still alive even though he's not labelled as boxoffice material- he's still more interesting to look at than Ryan Reynolds!

Jun 28 - 03:43 PM

Eddie Felson

Eddie Felson

Yea I understand what you're saying. I personally like Reynolds. He's fun in certain roles. I just don't think he has the onscreen charisma to drive an action film all by himself without the aid of a great supporting cast.

Jun 28 - 04:08 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

What exactly was the last action vehicle Reynolds proved he could carry? Another reward for catastrophic failure. Add Jason Momoa, Taylor Kitsch, Russell Brand and Kenny Wormald and let's just call it a contest for Last Sucker Standing.

Jun 27 - 02:35 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

I don't get all of the displeasure with Reynolds. Personally, I have been a fan since Buying The Cow. I like the snarky attitude he brings to his roles, it kind of reminds me a little of Bruce Campbell.

Jun 27 - 02:58 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Good idea! Bruce Campbell needs to play the Sean Connery role!

Jun 27 - 03:01 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Good idea! Bruce Campbell needs to play the Sean Connery role!

Jun 27 - 03:01 PM

Synyster_Gates

Michael Patrick

I like Ryan Reynolds. Granted, he's had his fair share of failures, but Buried, Safe House, even his role in Smokin' Aces were amazing. I just wish he'd focus on the Deadpool movie.

Jun 27 - 03:20 PM

Matt Lane

Matt Lane

oh god, van wilder playing duncan macleod. christ save us now, i can't wait to hear his scottish accent.

Jun 27 - 04:01 PM

Sir Phobos

Sir Phobos

I think he can pull this off, he was great in Smokin Aces, and even though the movie sucked, I liked him in Green Lantern.

Jun 27 - 06:33 PM

reavus4983

Mike Saxton

There can be only one...and it would have been Thomas Jane. Or Kevin McKidd.

Reynolds is probably the worst choice I could think of for a broody, stoic, world-weary, pissed off warrior like MacLeod. Did these people even see the original? I'm guessing not, since the script version I saw had Immortals using bazookas and sniper rifles to off other Immortals...

My Highlander dream team: Nicholas Winding Refn (sp?) directing Jane/McKidd with Mads Mikkelsen as Kurgan. A boy can dream...

At least it's guaranteed to be better than The Quickening and The Source though...holy crap those were bad

Jun 27 - 08:10 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

I completely agree. I dont even mind reynolds and think he is funny but man i just dont know about this casting. This has me worried to the point that the director hasnt even seen the original or doesnt care

Jun 28 - 08:59 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

I like the idea of a Rome reunion with McKidd as Connor and Ray Stevenson as the Kurgan.

Jun 28 - 03:30 PM

Maurice C.

Maurice Cormier

Thomas Jane should of been cast for the lead in the upcoming Highlander Reboot, I wonder can Ryan Reynolds even pull of a scottish accent, this better not be a huge misscast.

Jun 28 - 05:52 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

that wouldnt be a bad lead in this case

Jun 28 - 09:00 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Jun 28 - 08:59 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

that wouldnt be a bad lead in this case

Jun 28 - 09:00 AM

Brian Lorenzen

Brian Lorenzen

It would have made more sense to cast Jamie Foxx. Ryan Reynolds really needs to stop headlining awful action movies.

Jun 28 - 11:13 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

would saying LET THIS FRANCHISE DIE! be considered Ironic?

Jun 28 - 11:47 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Jun 28 - 03:30 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Nicolas Cage Must Be The KURGAN!

Jun 28 - 03:43 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Jun 28 - 03:43 PM

Eddie Felson

Eddie Felson

Jun 28 - 04:08 PM

Eddie Felson

Eddie Felson

Jun 28 - 04:08 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel